Reviews for Merlin Works in Mysterious Ways
PapillonMagique chapter 5 . 4/19
I should have known that reading this would make me cry. Either tears of joy or sorrow a fic written by lordhellebore always ends in snot and empty tissues boxes. That aside I enjoyed this story and encourage you to keep writing more like it. Well written stories I mean, less tear jerkers :P
Yankeegomera chapter 5 . 4/13
Good, but to bitter and sad
Yankeegomera chapter 4 . 4/13
Its soo sad!
Nihona chapter 5 . 3/8
Waouh... To be honest, I don't know what to say.

I'm quite confused actually! Your ending is both happy and sad. In a way, Draco and Harry finally found each other, and understood each other. They expressed their love for each other, and overcame their past, their torments and the disability of Harry.
But, in an another hand, you made an ending more realistic than happy by the fact that Harry don't recover from his brain damages.

Like most of people I appreciate happy endings, but your fic was quite touching, and your ending makes sense in a way. In fact, at moments, your story was a little overwhelming, so I was expecting a even saddest ending.

So, to summarize, you portray quite well the characters feelings and emotions, like Draco's insecurities and Harry's tumults above all (All the torments, the frustation, he has to passed by to realize his feeling for Draco and succeed to communicate with him. His feelings related to his state, his disability.)

Above all stories I read, yours is very special. It is very interesting, meaningful, deep and very well written. For the later, maybe I am not the best judge considering I'm french speaking, but yours sentences are smooth, and yours words are familiar enough for me!

So, thanks for this story, I quite enjoyed the reading! And keep writing, I look forward to it!

PS : Sorry for my bad english and I hope this story is not too old, and that you will see my review!
Elise chapter 5 . 1/3
I don't really know what to say. This was... powerful. I don't quite know how to describe it. It isn't my favorite fic, probably because it wasn't happy enough. It's like one of those few and far between books that actually teach you something about life, and you need a while to take it in. Because this, more than an other fic I've ever read (and most books too) feels like life. Okay, there is magic and all that but that doesn't stop life from being a bloody bastard and making people feel so tired and hopeless that they just want to give up, then somehow they find hope again. It's not perfect, and it's hard, but it's still worth it.
Thank you so much for this. It was flawlessly written and I don't think I'll read a fic quite like this again. If this was a book, it would win many prizes.
Tblu2326 chapter 5 . 11/13/2014
If I had to rate this story between 1 in 5, I would have given it a 3. It was a amazing story overall, but I think it would have been best to give the readers a hint from the beginning of what they really were getting into. Because of that, it left me rather unsatisfied. Now I am childishly wishing Harry would have recovered, or that the whole 'accident' did not happen at all.

The summary suggest that this story would be about how Harry and Draco would later come to love each other after being forced to marry one another for different reasons. While this is true, the story plot then takes an unexpected dive in the serious topics of brain damage and being paralyzed (Which was actually written VERY well.)

I would have loved this if I had willingly sought this story out to read knowing full well what I was reading.

I liked it...but somewhat reluctantly.
Missy Padfoot chapter 5 . 10/31/2014
I was hoping for a happy ending. I like the thought you put into the story, and how you kept our hopes up that things would get better, and in a way, they did, but I can't take away the sadness I feel now that I've read it all. I'm hoping for an alternate ending. An ending that Draco and Harry would have loved most.

But alas, brilliant writing. You had me hooked! Please write more Drarry stories!
chaithanyashajil chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
I kept hoping that harry would completely wake up. I suppose u had a good reason to end like that but i dont agree with you. But the story was really heart touching and i blame u for all the tears that i shed. So i am emotional, shoot me
Guest chapter 5 . 5/5/2014
Holy cow this has hit me right in the feels. I don't know if I've ever been so emotionally exhausted by a fic yet.
This is such a beautifully written piece... I am ironically struggling to try and explain what is happening in my head and heart right now. Managing to have a happy ending that doesn't seem unrealistic even with so much loss... The depth of character... Harry's time spent unconscious and in darkness... The non-idealistic coma situation... I really could try as go on but I can't really explain, except that my whole soul is aching right now and my whole perception of the world has been enlightened. What happens inside the head of a 'disabled' (I hate that label) person...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, so happy I have found your wrk, and am definitely reading the rest of your fics. You've most definitely got yourself a fan
Amy chapter 5 . 2/24/2014
Gosh I have never read a story like this before I read it constantly every chance I got because I really wanted to read all of it, I can honestly say that I cried many times while reading this but then I smile and laugh too, it was very wonderful to read and you did a fantastic job with it so Thank you very much for writing such a beautiful story:)! I loved it:)!
Carling chapter 5 . 11/2/2013
Wow, definitely not the typical "Drarry" love story, that's for sure. I worked at reading it all through the day. It was so relentlessly depressing, watching the YEARS tick by, watching them squander their youthful time together. There was almost no reprieve from the hardship and sadness...Narcissa...alcoholism...four years of no communication between them prior to the kidnapping...the torture...the aftermath...a decade more of silent suffering...the breakthroughs...then finally...Harry's surprise...only to learn there's a broken core that's been driving Draco all these years...good grief it was relentlessly depressing. Yet they were happy and in love and living as well as they could and counting it a GOOD life! If there isn't a valuable lesson in there somewhere, then I'm a hippogriff!

I think the key to seeing what they counted their life a good one was reading between all that sad stuff and looking at those moments they each lived for...shared secrets from friends and family...horseback rides...hippogriff rides...scalp massages, tv, cheesy romance novels. Especially the cheesy romance. Goodness knows when my life sucks, Drarry gets me through the day.
Aurelia Cotta chapter 2 . 10/22/2013
This was beautiful. So bittersweet and perfect. The way you portrayed them both was very touching. The fact that Harry never fully reovered just made it more poignant. Thank you.
LuLuLolli chapter 5 . 10/12/2013
When I first started reading this, I didn't think it would be...so sad and difficult to keep reading. But I think you did an amazing job; I was leaking tears most of the time. So I just want to say, I'm glad I read it all the way through. It was beautiful and so bittersweet. Thanks!
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 5 . 9/24/2013
Hmm. I liked this very much...great writing...creative and all that...but a warning about the permanent paralysis would have been nice, because this is not the type of story that I like to read. Just too hard, so...I was disappointed in that...that it was permanent. Would have liked an eventual recovery. *sigh*
Light L chapter 5 . 9/11/2013
I enjoyed the reading very much. Not every day I can find a well written story.
I was a little down lately and this fic reminded me that there are people with bigger problems then mine.
Thank you.