Reviews for We've Learned the Hard Way
ynot45 chapter 1 . 7/28/2019
Humans are territorial and suspicious of others who are different... That is why we wage war...
We wish there would be something in this world to fix it...
Dean Fiora chapter 1 . 4/29/2018
A fine story that truly cements the antagonistic friendship between Kolchak and Vincenzo. Not to mention that it raises an agonizing moral conundrum. Very well done!
don redmond chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Really nice story that seemed to capture everybody as they were. This story also points out Tony probably did believe many of Carl's wild tales, but was more afraid of the reaction of the higher ups than he was in getting the truth out there. You need to write more of these tales.
lillyindy chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Love this story. Well written characterizations. Just like an episode
SpunSilk chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Yay! We have 50 stories!

This calls for a celebration : champagne , anyone?

Or should we do cold mash bourbon? :-) Kolchak lives!
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I could hear Darren's voice. Yes, and Simon's too. Man, pity they're both gone...

Anyway, this was a delightful story and I'm glad you wrote it. :-)
ThunderRiver411 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I never heard of this show before. Maybe because it comes on too late. Pretty good. I think I saw a commercial once on Metv, but it might have been for another show.

PS: I've been waiting for an update as to when/if you managed to see the episode I mentioned yesterday yet.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Ah, I love this; so poignant and powerful.

Actual grizzly bear Tony Vincenzo. LOL. The banter between them is just priceless! (The Dana Scully line just sold it...)

"Cul-de-sack." Best. Namedrop. Ever.

And ooh, the while thing with the cloth, and Tony wanting to believe... Ah, wow. I do like to think that Tony has always wanted to believe him, but knows that he'd be dismissed as crazy, too, after all of those other stories...

And oh, goodness. Carl and Tony's discussion about the cloth and faith... wow. And gah, Tony falling ill. Poor Carl; he was probably blaming himself for having him come along... And his private debate with himself over what to do... so very IC, and so very heartbreaking.

The resolution is very heartwarming and satisfying; Carl asking Brittany if she wouldn't have done the same, and then Tony later asking him if he really didn't have any regrets... And I love Carl covering up the reason why he was panicking. Heh.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I think, that this is one of the few times that Tony is not going to argue with Karl over his stories. This time, Tony KNOWS that Carl was telling the truth. Because without Carl, Tony would have been dead. They may have their differences at times, but they do like one another. And that is the thing that matters the most.