Reviews for A Work of Art
cloudshadow22 chapter 36 . 7/3
Leah seems to have set in motion one hell of a painful domino effect on the opposite side of the country. I concur that Jake just might get his feelings hurt when this is all over. Your last line typo in your fun spoilers made me laugh, however. ' "Bare" with me' instead of "bear" - although we all might take off our clothes with you if either Paul or Jake was handy.
I'll probably be in the minority here, but I love where you're taking this story. While I realize this is fiction, I think Bella's immediate rebound to Jake is a much more realistic reaction than her shutting down and closing herself off to any future relationships. If others want to read a story about Bella having her heart ripped out and then going on to live life as a nun, there are a hundred other stories out there with that scenario. No disrespect intended to those authors. I admire anyone who has the courage to put their stories up for others to enjoy. It's just that those stories don't resonate with me.

I understand where Bella's head is at here. She finally took a chance and opened herself up to have a romantic relationship and...bam...he kicks her in the girly bits. Paul didn't just end their relationship. He tore her heart out and at the same time shredded her self esteem, self confidence, and basically confirmed every fear she had about his feelings for her and whether he had any lingering feelings for his ex. And when you've had an emotional bond with someone and they've suddenly broken it and dismissed you like trash, it would be like having exposed nerve endings. And most people would do whatever they need to to numb the pain. Even if that means jumping straight into a connection with someone else. It's not logical, but it's how a lot of people cope. That's why there are so many rebound relationships.

You may have guessed I have no sympathy for Paul here. Zero. Instead of just being straight up honest with her and telling her he wasn't exactly sure what happened, he lied to her and destroyed her in the process. He took all the decision making power away from her and dictated what was going to happen. Well...I think he's about to get a wake up call and I personally can't wait for him to learn about the chain of events he set in motion with Bella and Jake.

Sorry for the long review and thanks for sharing your story.
Bugsmamawolf chapter 36 . 7/3
Paul's dumb ass is causing other couples problems. But i can aee Seth's point. Anyine would take their own familys side. And I agree with the fact that Bella and Paul shouldn't rebound together. If it had been a few months maybe but not less than a week. Two wrongs don't make a right.
deadliestdistractionRN chapter 36 . 7/3
Paul was the one who pushed Bella away...as far as I'm concerned, she doesn't answer to him.
TiffaniW chapter 36 . 7/2
My ff self is draped exhaustedly over her chaise lounge reaching for the bottle of Merlot she got to chase down the Xanax she took after reading this. :D Thanks for the update. I'll go stock up on more wine tomorrow.
majorfaith chapter 1 . 6/26
Sounding good...
ktucker72 chapter 35 . 6/23
I like where things are going, keep up the good work.
kouga's older woman chapter 35 . 6/22
OMG! I hope Jake can handle it when she goes back to Paul!
spazmine chapter 35 . 6/21
When does Paul find out he was drug?! and Ahh I'm so mad that Bella is with Jake blah that's just asking for trouble! Gosh I can't even imaging what Paul will do when he finds out and this may seem shallow I hope that when Bella finds out Jake's screte she leaves or Ang talks her out of this cause juat blah! Anyways up date soon!
WiseOldSoul chapter 35 . 6/20
Ugghh,
I realize this is your story but,
I hate, hate, hate that you are having Bella just
Forgive everything Jacob has ever said and done to her so easily. And now they are going to date, sleep together..so fast? Prior to Paul, Bella hated the idea of dating, boyfriends and it took a lot of work and patience by Paul to bring her to at least give him a chance. So now, once again, as far as she knows, she has been duped by her bf (like Edward) even cheated on, and instead of becoming even more suspicious and cautious and bitchy, she is going to jump right into another relationship with someone who tormented her for years?
Idk, just doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense...of course, she is on a rebound and may be quite vulnerable ..but still, I never liked Jacob anyways but this Jacob was sneaky and conniving yet Bella is going to just let bygones be bygones so quickly.

This whole thing is taking off on a totally different direction...is Bella now going to be pregnant and the guys are going to fight it out? Yes, I realize Bella is hurt by her supposedly cheating bf and rejected by him but somehow I'm not sure that the bitchy Bella that we saw in the beginning of the story is suddenly going to be this sad little pathetic Bella turned on by someone like jake or anyone so quickly.
Just mho...
Bugsmamawolf chapter 35 . 6/19
OMG! Aftemath? Please don't let her be pregnant! But I'm sorta starting to lean toward B/J. Because if Paul had really loved her I think he should have fought harder. Showed her drug test proof that Leah had drugged him. They both gave up too easily. Jacob never has given up! Waited in the wings for his chance and has changed to actually be a gentlman.
blueguju chapter 35 . 6/18
Damn it! Why would you do this to us?! I'm so angry. As much as I don't want to read the next chapter, I still want to read it. So Bella is definitely pregnant with Paul's baby from all the hints you've dropped, and now she's going to have unprotected sex (even if she's on the pill and he pulls out) with Jake. Please don't tell me there's going to be "Who's the father?" drama. I just want more Embry and Quil at this point, they are so cute together.
deadliestdistractionRN chapter 35 . 6/17
I think Bella needs to explore Jacob a little bit...or a lot. I ain't mad at her.
TiffaniW chapter 35 . 6/17
Loved seeing Jake and Bella. Have a bad feeling she's going to end up pregnant and assume it's Jakes. At this point in the story, I hope she does find happiness with Jake and Paul finds out and it hurts like hell. Paul needs a feelings enema.
Jinx095 chapter 35 . 6/16
Not going to lie, I honestly really like the Jacob/Bella stories. I think this story would be great either way but I like where this is going for Bella and Jacob. Again either way I love this story! Keep up the great writing!