Reviews for Crimson and Clover
Razell chapter 1 . 8/22
'Scout's honor'

'Dunk a cute face like this! It's like kickin' a puppy! A really handsome puppy who wins all the matches and crap!' That made me smile.

The conversation between Scout and his mother was touching. We usually see this arrogant kid full of cheesy pick-up lines and hostility, but this shows the vulnerable side of him. He's insecure, desperate for love and affection. He's willing to do anything, anything to make Miss. Pauling happy, even if it she doesn't care about him, he'd still die for her. Spending hours in the storm and mud and lightning, so cold he couldn't feel his fingers, trying to find her lost necklace, even though he didn't think she cared about him. It made me cry. Just a bit. Manly tears, of course. And then, when Miss. Pauling heard that and decided to make it clear that she does care about him, she does appreciate him

It also really hit me in the feels when he asked about the other mercenaries, if they missed him, and they hadn't even asked about him. Sure, he's annoying and a troublemaker, but he's their teammate, their comrade-in-arms. He's saved their butts more than once, and they can't be bothered even to care he's missing? I wanted simultaneously to cry and to bash their heads in. My mother owns several cast-iron pans that could do the trick. I learned the ancient art of pan-fighting from watching Scrooloose in Mad Max : Beyond Thunderdome. I love that kid... But, back to the point, Scout just wants acknowledgment. Growing up with eight brothers and a single mother he had to fight for every scrap of attention he could get, he learned to be the loudest in the room, to stand out even if it made him look like a fool. I see a desperation in his egotism, he HAS to be the best, or he'll never be noticed, he's afraid he'll just be another nameless poor kid from the South Side that everyone else brushes off as beneath them. It's tragic, really. But hopefully Miss. Pauling will help him see that he does matter, he is important, not just for what he can do but for who he is as a person. That would be the best ending of all for their story.
BlackStormReborn chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
Sinking in a submarine
Thanks
Calliecature chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
This story is meaty but lengthy, meaning any emotional response I get is lost by the time I'm in here in the review. Nonetheless, I'll gather the gist.

Setting of the story is well-placed, describing the horrible weather, we see Ms. Pauling's professional caution and then Scout's brightened expression at seeing her.

Although she hardly notices him in TF2 comics and I doubt she would that be responsive, this story slowly develops their relationship, targeting her carefully wrapped personal thoughts and Scout's open, easygoing nature.

The one about Scout's Ma defeating Saxton Hale made me laugh and how Spy seeing it as part of her charm.

You explored their characters well that TF2 wouldn't do since they focuses more on the plot (although the one about Sniper's family in the comics was well-done).

Britty-Neko chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
There's no more? There should be more this is too cute :D
Kimberly Cleo Sincerely chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
OMG I loved this I think you captured the characters perfectly when there in a more social area. It just seems like something that would happen. Job well done.
R. A. Xip chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Crie

MMmm I loved this one. The only thing I might have added was more detail inside the apartment (it took me about halfway through to nail a mental layout, but I got it okay). And is her apartment on TF Industries property? That's interesting. Awesome story-I love me some SpyXScout's Ma.
I think my favorite thing about this one is the anxiety you were able to create in the reader when Pauling overhears Scout and his mother talking. For us, we know that Pauling has feelings for Scout, because we get to be inside her mind, so it's easy to forget that she actually treats him more or less like a grunt most of the time. I had this feeling of impending doom when I realized Scout was being talked out of pursuing a relationship.

Your fanfiction makes me nerd like a basket case. UGH
idotpart1 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013