Reviews for Tea for Q
80sarcades chapter 1 . 12/4
A most excellent story! Great writing and nice ending. Well done!
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 1 . 10/28
Excellent story. The irregularities in Pecard's actions here that you point out do hold merit, but at the same time I can totally see this from the other side, too, and I feel like their actions are completely understandable. Excellent story.

Someday, I might really love to see an epilogue, of sorts, of five years later when the key expires. How will Pecard have changed? How will Quentin have changed, and how, in that moment, will their relationship irreversibly change from what it was moments before?
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 10/11
great story, and the best part is Q was a lie, that whole being nice thing, he was nice till he got mad, and you see that at time he like I can do what I want.

It would be kind of like your boss working with you, why you could be friend, at any point he could just fire you, or do what he wanted, you are never really equal.
myownphilosophy101a chapter 1 . 5/7
This is fascinating, I'd love to see more!
Dee474 chapter 1 . 11/1/2016
This was an excellent story, and raised exactly the kind of thoughts about TNG and Q that I've had. Loved reading it, and was sad to see it end
OneHorseShay chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
Hello, I just randomly found this piece and wanted to say I found it quite intriguing and well-written. You really captured the characters well, which unfortunately showed that for the most part about hypocritical they could be about how they go on about being so 'evolved' yet Q nailed them about how hypocritically bigoted they are.

I couldn't help but imagine how this would have played out with other crews and ironically how Quentin would have been accepted by them.

I found the title spot on.

Good job, OneHorseShay
Katherine chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
Very interesting. And your thoughts about it at the end are true enough... I think when Picard sees Q, he sees his dead crewman and Borg and all sorts of things that make him in specific the wrong person to decide how to rationally deal with the Q as a species. But I think that specific deficit of objectivity is why 'our usual Q' likes to 'poke him with a stick' on some level, too. No fun taunting someone who doesn't know you can follow through, etc. and this human already knows, so it takes any effort out of entraining new ones to fear you in a nice, familiar way.

Picard (and the Enterprise in general, some more than others) have experienced Q related trauma, so they can't be objective about the Q, much less a Q. If ants could understand that sometimes kids burned them with magnifying glasses and thought nothing of it, we'd *all* be avoided by (or killed by, if they could manage - doubtful on most continents) ants, basically, but they can't.

Another similar culture would be an easier bet, probably, if the Q in question didn't love being obnoxious the way our usual Q does. And really, the character was invented as the immovable rock and unstoppable object: we as the viewers like him, usually, because he's funny and he makes the other charters react to him in ways only he has the power to do - but if anything like him looked in our direction, having seen the show, we'd probably also just be like NOPE. He serves as a psychological sounding board for the other characters - Q is designed as a plot device more than a character, a Deus ex machina, even with all the character JDL put into him.

Curiosity would win for a short time, but there would always be those freaky reminders, as you showed well enough. I don't blame Picard, but he's more than a little obsessed with controlling situations, it's the nature of Starfleet captains, probably. The part with Riker was also quite good, and I can see it as an addiction almost, one that ought to fade with time and focus on daily minutiae, like a dream, the way human memory works, but still linger.

I'd love to read 'Steve Quentin's' thoughts when he returns to being Q.
TFALokiwriter chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
This was well written, good job! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
Fantastic story!
Nina chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
This is a superb story, and I must say: Better than ANY officially published Q-story I have ever read. You could even give Peter David a run for his money - and win.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Great story! A sequel would be nice.
mynamemattersnot chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
Wow! There is just no words and sometimes I say that as an exgerration but for this story it is not. I was- amazed so to say by your work. Your word choice, your conversations stimulated struggle for Quientan. You have excited and intriguied me in ways that I have not been intruiged by any piece of literature for a long time. It is stories like this that give me a desire to read. This is beyond the quality of fanfiction work and I truly loved it. It is a formidable story and quite impossible to stop reading at the middle. So much so I wasted three hours of time I did not have, reading this incredible piece of work. It is certainly something I would like to read again and is the best fanfiction story I have read since I first found this site four years ago and tortued people with anonymous reviews. I really admired your story and would go on with my praise but sadly there is not enough room. It was more than brilliant and I thank you for posting it on this fanfiction site. I am more than willing to read any other stories you got and I will. ;)! I am sorry to kepp going on, but I have never had such an emotional reponse to any story. I felt connected to it as if I were watching a very detailed and excellent movie play out in front of me. On top of all that, it was so intensely unique and individual. I have not seen any other fanfiction stories like it. The end was perfectly satrical and ironic as well. I was more than amazed. Every character was in good character and your outside character Quientan had a very believable and workable role in the story. Everything flowed perfectly and there was not one moment where I had felt confused or out of place. You have incredible writing capability beyond that of fanfiction and even many novels. Sorry if I had repeated myself, I merely trying to envoke the feeling of being well far MORE than admired. Truly, I appaled your work. Well done! 413 out of 10. :)!
Netsie chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Loved it! One of the best fan fictions I have ever read, and I'm very picky! I fell in love with Quentin and loved how in-character both Picard and Q was. This story is going in my scant 'favorites' pile!
timespacethoughtcontinuum chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
This was really an excellent story! The entire thing was really believable, and I could mentally see it happening, and I found myself really liking Quentin as a character. I had always wondered why Picard had never seemed to at least try his famous diplomatic tactics with Q, considering their mission - but I think you explored the problems that would cause and limits that would come up very thoroughly, and it's definitely given me more to consider. This was a great read!
The Good Elkin chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
This. Was. AMAZING! I LOVED it! You did an exelant job of putting it in "Quentin's" point of view, and did a great job of keeping the cast in character. I sware, this could be a cannon episode; aside from the POV, of course.
I did find two problems that I actually rememberd after reading it.
1) '...Ydrian Star-Wanderer that impregnated Troi last month...'
That was a cannon event, of course, but it's the date that is wrong. Dr. Crusher is on board in this story, and Dr. Pulaski was the ship's doctor for that episode and the season after. (That episode was the first of the seson, so it would be another year untill Beverly returned.)
2) You spelled Jean-Luc without the hyphen (just a space) several times. I only remember this happening twice during the Riker-Picard conversation in the ready room.