Reviews for Paid In Blood
george17 chapter 28 . 17h
The surprising good last two or three chapters and the good start make up for the fairly weak and messed up part around the third task.
george17 chapter 24 . 19h
Good start, bad ending. For quite a while you had an incredible fic going. The problem is when it came to the climax all you could think of to move your story forward is to have Harry make one incredibly stupid mistake after another. Maybe you should not have given him 90 years of experience as one of the greatest dark lords ever, if you could not think of anything except to make him an idiot when he is back in time? You could have used the same plot device and simply had him go back in time say five years after losing his daughter. He would have still been experienced but not incredibly so.

Instead, you had to make him incredibly experienced and capable. Then not being able to deliver on a story that could build on that, you completely ruined the believability of your closing arc. In hindsight maybe it was your overly ambitious start that was a failure.

This chapter was retarded.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 28 . 23h
That was really good!

It was rather cliched at times, but it's also got a ton of really neat ideas and twists.

It was happy at times, and it was sad at times. I cried once it twice. It was an excellent read.

Thank you very much for writing this fic. I quite enjoyed it.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 20 . 7/19
Poison is used incorrectly here.

It should be venom.

If it bites you and you die, it's venomous. If you bite it and you die, it's poisonous.

A snake is venomous. A mushroom is poisonous.
This is one of the best stories I've read so far, hope to see more in future.
ClaireR89 chapter 28 . 7/13
Well that was a lackluster finish to a great story
ClaireR89 chapter 14 . 7/12
This story started off great with a good idea and original (in my point of view) but it's going so slow. Most things are repeats basically Harry just throws a temper tantrum. Supposedly it's justified by the past but with so little coming out it's very boring. Honestly at this point I'm only really reading for the flashbacks/memories/original timeline.
torchbearer chapter 4 . 7/8
Well the red waste bin part i was expecting, Ron is useless, and leaving Gryffindor? That was a total surprise, but i believe it was bound to happen.
torchbearer chapter 14 . 7/8
Well, this chapter did surprise me-personally i don't blame Harry for taking protective measures, for Daphne, including given the Weasel's attitudes towards Slytherins and Ginny's stalker nature, well i hope the answers come soon.
torchbearer chapter 8 . 7/8
Oh boy, i never expected Daphne's reaction to be like that upset, not that i blame her, still she's right about Harry trusting her, i hope the answers come soon. Til next time.
Francois1989 chapter 23 . 7/7
after the talk about monthly's and seeing *PAID IN BLOOD* well played.
Sourav768728 chapter 1 . 7/4
The two(Ron and Neville) didn't suffer enough. They got easy deaths.
Sourav768728 chapter 18 . 7/4
Harry is too soft for a dark lord. He shouldn't have forgiven her so easily.
MSBBritain chapter 28 . 6/27
Excellent. One word to sum up a story. I LOVED the many plot twists, the secrecy and the attention to detail.
I want to give this story a proper review so here are my pros and cons for the story.
Pros:

Plot-Twists. Several times I thought "whaaaat?!" while reading this and it made the story so much more interesting.

Misleading Wording. Something a lot of slytherin Harry story's get wrong is the cunning and misdirection. Not here. I don't want to spoil it for any reader that wants to use reviews to decide wether to read this or not, but I'll say this: never before have I felt like I had to read some fine print I missed in a fanfiction.

Details. In this story I felt like everything had a purpose and all loose end were tied up. No questions of "why mention this?" or "what happened to X?". I may be wrong but I at least didn't find any so I'm counting it as a plus.

ConDon't hate me for this but a few spelling and formation issue were slightly confusing particularly because you have to be carful to understand the hidden meaning (see pro 2). I under stand that you (Author) are not a native speaker and the errors (particularly the tense ones) are completely understandable but it can be slightly confusing.

All in all a excellent fanfiction and one of the best I have read. I hope to see a sequel but I understand it probably won't come.
I recommend this fanfiction highly and hope more people read it.
Hmason chapter 28 . 6/24
i like and hate the ending, i LIKE that it's open-ended so that you can start a sequel but i HATE that there's no dozen happy kids running around with sunny paradise background, a truly AMAZING story
1,551 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »