Reviews for My Gilded Life: An Alternate Ending
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 4/16
Well... Other than your variation the original was at least somewhat original.
Kind of lame.
alinoe.kiara chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
This story is a massive disappointment. Not because of what it says about PL - his faults are his own - but what writing something like this says about the author. It's extremely hypocritical to bash a writer because he bashes his story characters, and twist his story to match the bashing better - because MGL is a longwinded, rambling, moralistic story with very controversial plot twists but they just don't match the "crimes" You put in this story. That's libel. I'm not even touching using "copyright infringement" as an argument while writing an "alternate ending" to somebody's else FANFICTION story.
The bad things PL does to his story characters and canon? You've done it to an actual, living human. What plots PL puts in his stories speaks about his story-writer skills, uploading such low, cheap attack on ANYONE speaks about Your quality as a person.

Alinoe
jen chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
PL is a sociopathic writer, it's really a shame he manages to be so superficially charming considering the awful things he does to his characters.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
... Yeah, that about sums it up. Perfect Lionheart's fics usually begin with an interesting and reasonably well-written concept, and then take proceed to crash it like a fifty car train carrying fuel oil and fertiliser running into a semi-trailer loaded with Diflouride-Dioxide and Chloride-Triflouride.
A Reader chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I agree that some of the things that Skysaber did in his story so casually were horrifying, but most of the stuff he did was actually not that bad. Also, I call bullshit on YOU for the horcruxes explanation, because you had to make something up to make it seem like he did something wrong there. The mind rape thing though, I'll give you that one, in regards to Harry his friends, that was horrible. Think about it, he was essentially replacing, for example, Hermione, with someone who is slightly different that she is, while killing the original with Obliviation. We are mostly made up out memories and whatever little quirks exist in how out brains function, so it was really was what you called it, mind rape.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
sorry to say but if dumbledore was that powerful he would've wasted voldemort himself instead of relying on children to do his work for him.
Abyssal Angel chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Interesting. I can't say I really agree or disagree with your assessment of the story, considering from a character's standpoint, Lockhart was simply going with the flow trying to do what he could to correct the wrongs done in the HarryPotter-Verse. His methods left a lot to be desired, certainly. But whether we consider it manipulation or not, those Lockhart introduced those mind altering techniques on at least asked for it first. Granted, I personally wouldn't have gone for that myself. It's one thing to alter self. It's completely another to alter another, even at their own behest.

In the end though, the main thing I disagree with is your twisting of Dumbledore from Skysaber's original purpose. While manipulative Dumbles is canon, manipulative evil Dumbles is an alternate take on the Harry Potter-verse that was invented by fanfiction and used by fanfiction. As such, taking an Evil Dumbles and suddenly twisting him to be good manipulative Dumbles like in Canon, when Skysaber's story clearly isn't, is a perversion on his story that completely destroys the point of 'My Gilded Life', that is what happens to an ordinary person when they're thrown into an extraordinarily FUBARed situation, and how they go about trying to unscrew it up and the methods of doing such, particularly within the HP-Verse. That's my take on it anyway.

Ahem, I believe I've stepped on my soapbox though. I will step off and try to get to the point of this review. I both agree and disagree with you. 'My Gilded Life' was FUBAR from the get go. I don't want to know what kind of screwed up messiness my mind would become if I were to suddenly 'blend' with Gilderoy Lockhart. It's interesting to see some of the ideas posited about how one might go changing things in the HP-Verse though, and that, I believe is the whole point of the story.
Preier chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
well that was... boring?

about on par with some of the bad part of PL's writing, in fact. when the shiny ideas and intriguing concepts are left behind for power grinding and self-justification

no, i'm not wholly enamored with his stories. but at least his characters have to "show their work" (often to the excess, even). saying : "you were a victim of mental rape" is a bit short.

what's sad is that there are lots of awful problems who could have been interestingly developped and denounced. most basic of all, the murder of dudley. not likely that harry, even with full memories, would have liked that. but, no, you had to drop a "boring invincible hero" down on your "mustache twirling villain".

oh, and you forgot religious proselytism in the "crimes commited" list.

anyway... i did not find this on par with your other tales. keep writing your own stories, they're much more interesting (and thank you for sharing them)
Xynth chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Perfect Lionheart is a hack. Plain and simple. He's a character bashing Gary Stu writer. What's worse is the sense of baseless superiority apparent in his writing. Sadly, his fans are an even bigger problem, promulgating the same terrible ideas and cliches found within. Plainy said, all of them are idiots and I hope that they never breed. This was highly amusing to read and few authors deserve it more.
Sailor of dreams chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
P.S.

By the way you complain about copywright infringement, but aren't you doing the same by writing this story without Perfect lionheart's permission?
Sailor of dreams chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
After reading the various reviews, I'm afraid i can only agree with the minority authors not flaming Perfect Lionheart.

I have to agree with irfane on everything except the dursleys . In the first movie Harry's uncle, before the get in the car for their infamous trip to the zoo, tells him ''Any funny business, any at all, and you'll be going without meals for a week...kly.'' Direct qoute form the first movie.

I respect Brother Bludgeon's opinion, but cannot agree with it. PL doesn't give demonized traits to his characters, rather, he is a firm believer of you reap what you sow. You know the old saying, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth? That's what he's using to punish the criminals of his story's, the philosophical lesson of ''If you don't want to suffer the punishment, DON'T COMMIT THE CRIME.'' There's nothing half baked about this, it couldn't be more clear.

The Sinful, you have to keep in mind Naruto and Sakura were KIDS, children are often singleminded about what they want. And stubbornly keep going after it, even against common sense and Naruto being what he was, a CHILD, his interest was a lot more innocent then you make it out to be. Especially as this was BEFORE they were exposed to the harsh realities of the ninja world. And by your argument, shouldn't Sakura be locked up in an asylum as well for going after Sasuke with equal, if not more, fervor? As for your other argument, it wasn't Naruto's decision to bring Sakura into the resets. His wives convinced HIM to include her, not the other way around. Finally, she wasn't redeemed because she was trying to kill herself, she was redeemed because she was being UNSELFISH.

If you don't like his stories, DON'T READ THEM. The only thing you're doing is ruining the fun for everyone that DOES like what he writes by trying to chase him off. Last time i checked the reviews for partially kissed and chunin exam day went over thirteen Thousand, THIRTEEN THOUSAND! We can decide for ourselves what we do or don't like.
The Loose Canon chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
You should have ended the crime list with the copyright infringement for the more biting humor effect. I'm sorely disappointed in just how far he's slipped from his writings many years ago. I mean, he Stu-ed back then, too, but at least it was entertaining.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
That's pretty grimdark. Especially with the omniscient narrator who reminds me of Dumbledore.
SONGUE chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
What have you done to me?! Why, why did you tell us of this story?

I was a happy reader, a happy writer... hell, a happy human being! Even after Rainbow Factory, Cupcakes and My Immortal, I was still reasonably detached of anger over silly stories.

But, no! I HAD to disbelieve you, as in my innocent state I told myself "No way can a story be THAT bad, it must be BAD but in a silly bad manner". I decided to check on it, my resolve set and my soul experienced my many horrible experiments from before.

What a fool, I was. To have read such a thing, filled me with such a rage, I barely could read the last two chapters, and around the Tenth I was already swallowing back the bile that I felt in my throat! I truly don't know what is written in the last few paragraphs, as my mind constantly told me, "read the last bit or you won't have the mental fortitude to finish anything else ever again!"

But, alas, your story made the nightmare end, and the world is, once again, a good place to be!

Thanks, Andrew Joshua Talon. Thank you.
Eclipse1234 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Don't like it. Nuff said.