Reviews for Bullroarer
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Another good, well-written story.

I caught a grammatical error towards the end of the story: "The Thain, as you can expect, was most vexed with them, and for once they reaped the consequences of their foolish actions, for they had to go the farmer's place for a week and muck out his stables." In this sentence of Bilbo's telling, there needs to be a "to" after "go". Other than that, everything else was fine.

That's typical for Pippin to not mind what he hears, even Bilbo's shopping list. I nearly thought at first, the story with Bullroarer Took was going to be the Battle of the Greenfields, but since Bilbo is telling the story to children, it's nice to hear how Bullroarer got his nickname. I'm not surprised that Frodo and Merry remembered, due to this story, their troublemaker days at Brandy Hall.

Good work, as usual. I'm going to put this story in my community.

Aria Breuer
seafarer chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
First thing that made me laugh - your description of Bilbo's storytelling voice, and the idea of Pip eagerly listening to a shopping list in it! If Bilbo knew! ;D
That list of mischief may have just given young Pip some future ammo.
That's right, Merry. Don't you dare! ;D
Sandy-wmd chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
So the Tooks had the oldest hobbit, and the biggest (and loudest). But it's a Baggins who's the best storyteller. :)