Reviews for The Boogeyman
Amunet Schreiber chapter 2 . 2/27
Sorry for not logging in. I usually don't review chapters before the end of the story, but I do have a reason. But first, let me tell you that I can already tell I'm going to love this story, and it lives up to the good words I've heard from friends. I'm a huge Sam fan, and any amount of Sam angst is good with me.
The reason for this review is a small correction I couldn't avoid, as in a Michigander- the town is Petoskey, not Petrosky. Thought you might want to know.
See you at the end of the story!
-AS-
birdandbear chapter 13 . 12/11/2014
I'm really bad about not leaving reviews, but I can't continue reading this story in good conscience without telling you how you're blowing me away. This story is very well crafted and the pacing is excellent in both the past and present narratives, and in their interspersion. There's a knot in my chest urging me to hurry on and find out what was in that box - the slowly ratcheting tension is working! Very well done, I'm so glad there are 7 more chapters. I want to jump ahead to see if the story's complete but I'm afraid of spoiling mmyself. ;)

I found this story through Agelade's notes on her Lustra series. I really need to tell her how impressed I am with that story as well.
RobotRollCall chapter 20 . 11/24/2014
That was amazing. Seriously, you did a great job with this. This was a well-paced, super-compelling story that I might have stayed up until 3:30 in the morning in an attempt to finish all in one go. (I failed. I had to go to work, thought about it all day, and finished it the second night.)
The characters were right on point-protective Dean, Sam looking up to him and still trying to prove himself, and you even got that perfect blend for John-so very hard to like, yet at the same time trying so hard to do right by his boys that you kind of have to love him anyway. (They do that really well in the show, but most fic writers seem to get stuck on the angry, drill sergeant side of John. Your John could be straight out of the show.) I loved the way you told the story by switching back and forth through the timelines. I loved that you had Missouri put in an appearance, because she's awesome and not around enough. I loved that Sam got to save the day, because early seasons Sam didn't actually get to do that often. And, oh. My gosh. I melted at the way you described teenage Dean taking care of catatonic Sam.
This was awesome. Well done you.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/31/2014
This story is amazing! So well written and it is like a part of the canon. It is really sad that such a great work doesnt get the recognition and reviews it more than deserves. I literally lived in the story, felt Sam's terror his fear and his guilt , cried like a baby when Amber for writing this:-)
Air Guitar Pixie chapter 20 . 10/26/2014
Novel is indeed the word for it. Wow.

Okay, honestly? I cannot compliment you enough on this. Why it doesn't have a million reviews and stuff, I don't know. But I do know tat it kept me up until four in thr friggin' mormimg, and my keyboard and hands are shot, so apologies for the inevitable typos i make here.

The character development...wow. just, amazing. Amber's character was beautiful, and the way you tied in brother luciano...

I also loved the non-linearness of it all. It added to the suspense and overall mystery, which was great. The vampire sibplot, I admit i was sketchy on at first, but it did a perfect job of bring Sam back.

And now i'm scared of the boogeyman O_O. But it's gone now, right? Heh...

Legitimately one of the best fanfictions I have read in my entire life. Fabulous job.

-Jaq
firstcatfish chapter 20 . 9/20/2014
Wow...just..Wow. Excellent story. Caught my attention and held it. It was disturbing and sad and strange, but also compelling and completely true to the show. Good job.
SPN Mum chapter 20 . 8/13/2014
Pretty impressive that Sam amanaged to take out the vamp and yet he wasn't even really aware at the time. There was a part of him that knew that Dean was in danger. It's a little bit sad that Sam changed into more of a hunter after that though. Dean could see that there was a more serious side to Sam after all of that. Later, when they were both grown, Sam and Dean made a better team, but Sam had to finish with the Boogeyman on his own. I guess it made him tougher, and able to stand up against the yellow-eyed demon, but it didn't keep him from trusting Jake to let it end. I guess Sam didn't become cold enough to take out Jake at the cemetary, which is a good thing, but not. Sam has sure had a lot of trials to go through, and though each makes him stronger, I think that each one takes something away from him too. :(

Great story! As always, I look forward to more. :)
ncsupnatfan chapter 20 . 8/13/2014
Really liked the story and what an ending, Sam disappears. Do like the bro moments and did like the portrayal of Sam when boogyman took him to the Winchester House. Very good hunt.
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 20 . 8/13/2014
LOVED IT. SO MUCH.
It fit in so well and it was just so- gah amazing. I can't even make words and just yeah you're fabulous Imma leave now but please keep writing and keep awesome it's so good well done yay thank you for sharing it with us
sylvia37 chapter 20 . 8/13/2014
Aw man, Sam got to be optimistic for two whole days before his life went to hell again. Seriously, awesome story. You are exceptional and I look forward to more from you.
Little Creek chapter 19 . 8/10/2014
Wow, this is awesome!
SPN Mum chapter 19 . 8/10/2014
Oh crap! Brother Luciano kept a journal on the Boogeyman's plane too. He recorded everything he learned there, including how to get rid of the Boogeyman once and for all. I can't believe that the Boogeyman was waiting for a thousand years to get it's 'hands' on Sam. O.o I guess it wanted that connection to Heaven and Hell that is Sam's legacy. I'm so happy that Sam was able to save all of the kids that he did, that Patrick was able to help him so much, ans that Sam was strong enough to finish off the Boogeyman even when he was wrecked, both physically and emotionally. Dean should be proud of Sam. I hate that Ruby is proud of him though. I wish that Sam could have foreseen what she is planning while he was on the other plane. It might have made all of the difference to him and Dean. :(
ncsupnatfan chapter 19 . 8/10/2014
Wow! What a great chapter and so moving. Yes Sam won and the kids are freed. What a battle and such vivid descriptions there. Really like this story.
sylvia37 chapter 19 . 8/10/2014
Wow, just wow. You really delivered. Honestly, your story telling is really unbelievable or maybe I just have no words. And I really love that those kids told Sam how awesome he was because he doesn't get to hear that too often. I wish Dean had gotten to see it too. But wow, he was pretty awesome too, as a 14 year old.
Thank you so much for this awesome story.
ncsupnatfan chapter 18 . 8/6/2014
What a good action chapter. So is Emily telling Sam not to say no to the devil? Hope that is the brother and now Sam will have help to defeat the boogeyman. Cant wait for the next one.