Reviews for The Boogeyman
LadyDunla chapter 20 . 9/14
I admit that it took me ages to get to the end of this story - lots of stuff got in the way - but I'm very glad I took the time. This is a masterpiece, without a doubt. It all fits in wonderfully with canon and I love how you've portrayed Sam and Dean.

Thank you!
LeeMarieJack chapter 10 . 8/18
Dean can not protect Sam from the inside of Sam's head. He's just gong to have to learn how to live with a psychic.
LeeMarieJack chapter 9 . 8/18
That's one think that John Winchester was damn good at...breaking his children.
LeeMarieJack chapter 8 . 8/18
Is this going to be the end of Sam's birthday?
LeeMarieJack chapter 7 . 8/18
What a convoluted relationship these two have. Each is trying to save the other from a danger neither of them can defend against.
LeeMarieJack chapter 6 . 8/17
So Sam finally is able to confide in Dean and of course John Winchester bursts in and ruins everything.
LeeMarieJack chapter 2 . 8/16
A Winchester secret. John hiding essential data from his sons. Oh my, like that never happened before. They should actually be used to it by now..
LeeMarieJack chapter 1 . 8/16
That was scary. I hope you have an excellent explanation for Sam doping his brother.
Vampyvii chapter 19 . 8/16
I've only had the chance to look at a couple passages in this story- so far. Another reader wants it to be added to my Community- for Wee!/Teen!Chester stories. I'm happy to be adding it, and look forward to reading the whole story as soon as I have the time!
scootersmom chapter 20 . 5/28
This was absolutely great! My only complaint is that it is not long enough! Seriously, I really enjoyed it. I hope you keep writing!
Amunet Schreiber chapter 2 . 2/27
Sorry for not logging in. I usually don't review chapters before the end of the story, but I do have a reason. But first, let me tell you that I can already tell I'm going to love this story, and it lives up to the good words I've heard from friends. I'm a huge Sam fan, and any amount of Sam angst is good with me.
The reason for this review is a small correction I couldn't avoid, as in a Michigander- the town is Petoskey, not Petrosky. Thought you might want to know.
See you at the end of the story!
birdandbear chapter 13 . 12/11/2014
I'm really bad about not leaving reviews, but I can't continue reading this story in good conscience without telling you how you're blowing me away. This story is very well crafted and the pacing is excellent in both the past and present narratives, and in their interspersion. There's a knot in my chest urging me to hurry on and find out what was in that box - the slowly ratcheting tension is working! Very well done, I'm so glad there are 7 more chapters. I want to jump ahead to see if the story's complete but I'm afraid of spoiling mmyself. ;)

I found this story through Agelade's notes on her Lustra series. I really need to tell her how impressed I am with that story as well.
RobotRollCall chapter 20 . 11/24/2014
That was amazing. Seriously, you did a great job with this. This was a well-paced, super-compelling story that I might have stayed up until 3:30 in the morning in an attempt to finish all in one go. (I failed. I had to go to work, thought about it all day, and finished it the second night.)
The characters were right on point-protective Dean, Sam looking up to him and still trying to prove himself, and you even got that perfect blend for John-so very hard to like, yet at the same time trying so hard to do right by his boys that you kind of have to love him anyway. (They do that really well in the show, but most fic writers seem to get stuck on the angry, drill sergeant side of John. Your John could be straight out of the show.) I loved the way you told the story by switching back and forth through the timelines. I loved that you had Missouri put in an appearance, because she's awesome and not around enough. I loved that Sam got to save the day, because early seasons Sam didn't actually get to do that often. And, oh. My gosh. I melted at the way you described teenage Dean taking care of catatonic Sam.
This was awesome. Well done you.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/31/2014
This story is amazing! So well written and it is like a part of the canon. It is really sad that such a great work doesnt get the recognition and reviews it more than deserves. I literally lived in the story, felt Sam's terror his fear and his guilt , cried like a baby when Amber for writing this:-)
Air Guitar Pixie chapter 20 . 10/26/2014
Novel is indeed the word for it. Wow.

Okay, honestly? I cannot compliment you enough on this. Why it doesn't have a million reviews and stuff, I don't know. But I do know tat it kept me up until four in thr friggin' mormimg, and my keyboard and hands are shot, so apologies for the inevitable typos i make here.

The character just, amazing. Amber's character was beautiful, and the way you tied in brother luciano...

I also loved the non-linearness of it all. It added to the suspense and overall mystery, which was great. The vampire sibplot, I admit i was sketchy on at first, but it did a perfect job of bring Sam back.

And now i'm scared of the boogeyman O_O. But it's gone now, right? Heh...

Legitimately one of the best fanfictions I have read in my entire life. Fabulous job.