Reviews for Land Before Time Retold
Eric the Looney chapter 9 . 2/10
Hey, this might be a silly question, but does Aylene get any weird celebrity paradoxes when she hears Ducky? Like her thinking, "Hey, she sounds just like Judith Barsi" or anything like that?

Other than that, not a lot to say here. Though it does introduce my favorite member of the gang Petrie. Oh, and gives some nice human/dinosaur development in terms of her shoes.
Haaaaaa! This was awesome! SHE GOT TO COME BACK! YES! SO HAPPY! Now for the next book X3
I'm so happy I found something like this! I didn't even think there would BE an LBT section, much less some stories like this! Can't wait to read the rest of it...which I probably will in one sitting XD
AllegroGiocoso chapter 22 . 12/4/2016
Nice to see everyone happy in their homes, and very sweet dream. I love how Littlefoot has faith that Aylene will return, and how Aylene is always thinking about them. Good thing she’s packing up more for the return trip! Really nice, touching reunion scene! Love the ending in how it’s promising of the adventures yet to come. I can’t wait to start reading Great Valley Adventure tomorrow!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 21 . 12/3/2016
Touching how Aylene is so happy to see her family, yet a bit amusing with their underreactions… Whoa, it’s hard to believe that time paused like that considering such an epic journey took place! Interesting how her grandmother seems to want to have a talk with her alone … It all makes sense now that Elaine used the stone, she must have been who Sharptooth saw when he say Aylene before. Oh, so Elaine’s friend looks like it may be Doc… I hope Elaine still has the ability to activate the stone somehow… it would make make Saurus Rock in this series really interesting! So happy for Aylene that she can go back to their world. Really like the way the stone works on how Aylene must really mean it to go back and forth. And the ending line is perfect time.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 20 . 12/2/2016
This was a tough explanation, but Aylene handled it really well. I really like the concept of the different universe and Aylene’s explanation of it. The arrival scene is nicely captured! Really sad about Aylene reflecting on her world. REALLY nerve-racking concept about this being a one-way path, and terribly, terribly sad goodbye scenes, especially with Littlefoot…. So sad…. And honestly surprising that it came now, during the original movie’s happiest scene. Really bittersweet!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 19 . 12/1/2016
I really like this more detailed dialogue on the plan to get Sharptooth. The danger Sharptooth posed to the Valley was something implied, but not really directly addressed by the first movie. Also like how they’re reminding Ducky of her strength in the water. Really tense opening scene with Sharptooth. Personally, I find this fight is even more epic than the original: it has all the things that made the original so great (save Cera’s dramatic entrance), but has tons of stuff to spice it up even further. Eek, and really tense where Littlefoot almost gets eaten and showing Sharptooth’s determined vengeance for Aylene and Littlefoot. Interesting to have Aylene take Petrie’s role as the almost-casualty here. Really like the cave scene: I always wish the original Land Before Time’s ending wasn’t so rushed, and this is a great moment of peace before the final leg of the journey! Fantastic chapter overall, and it makes me curious how you have and you're gonna write the sequels.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 18 . 11/30/2016
Wow, really deep and insightful talk with Cera and Aylene. Her animosity suddenly makes a lot more sense now, and is very in-character with Cera from the movies. Really nice, well-developed talk at a portion that I wish was really better fleshed out in the first movie. Wow, and really interesting to consider that Cera may not have known of Littlefoot’s mother’s death – that sure puts a different light on things! Wow…. REALLY good apology. Perhaps more than anything else, I wish that that was in the first movie. This is a really warm, fuzzy chapter that probably has been the most enjoyable to read of all of those in your series so far. In fact, I’m gonna read it again. Fantastic!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 17 . 11/29/2016
Ooh, nice twist in how even Littlefoot is straying off track! Good thing Aylene is there to remind him of what’s right. Like how Littlefoot and Aylene are working together to do the saving. Nice twist with the ocarina being part of the disguise too. Really emotionally heavy ending – feel really bad for Cera now, and hope Aylene will make things all right.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 16 . 11/28/2016
Wow, the arrows must have really made their target in order to injure such a behemoth like Sharptooth! Really nice showing Sharptooth’s bloodthirsty personality in trying to get revenge and massacre the entire Great Valley. I wonder why the stone flickered? The fight scene was really tense, and the split was sad. Good thing Aylene is there to encourage Littlefoot to turn back!
GODZILLA1996 chapter 22 . 11/28/2016
The scene where Aylene says good to Littlefoot and the others actually make me cry. But I'm sooooooo glad that Aylene can come and go to THE LAND BEFORE TIME when ever she wants to see Littlefoot and the others any time she wants.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 15 . 11/27/2016
Such a serene, eerily calm beginning to what would happen next. REALLY tense with Sharptooth actually capturing Littlefoot for a second. Interesting that Aylene looks like the previous girl… was it her grandmother? And who could that other longneck be? Really impressed that Aylene got her courage and actually shot at sharptooth. So glad she was able to heal Littlefoot’s injuries so well! And nice to see Cera actually complemented Aylene here. And Littlefoot and Aylene’s relationship is always a treat to watch.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 14 . 11/26/2016
Love these introspective Aylene moments, especially when thinking about Littlefoot. The stories of her and her brother’s relationships are also powerful. And the reunion scene is so, so touching and adorable! And wow, really surprised with Cera’s reaction considering how much the two of them thought. Really, really nice place for If We Hold On Together too. Love the emotional impact it has on Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike, and love Aylene’s plaintive wish at the end.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 13 . 11/25/2016
Really nice to see Cera’s thoughts on Aylene… This is gonna be interesting. Nice job of incorporating Aylene into the food-getting scene. And wow, this is a tense confession! The drama here is really incredible, and love to see how loyal Littlefoot is to Aylene. Really sad conclusion, and sad yet a bit glad that the stone is not reacting yet.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 12 . 11/24/2016
Nice retelling of Spike’s hatching, and good job of capturing his laid-back and hungry personality. Poor Littlefoot and Petrie for dealing with the arguing… Nice to see Cera’s objection to Spike is back in the fanfic after being cut. Cool idea to have Spike follow the sweet bubbles too. And very suspenseful bit of Sharptooth POV at the end!