Reviews for Pippin and the Mask
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
This is a good story. I like how you described Pippin being scared of the dragon mask. Frodon must have done such a great job in creating the mask in order for Pippin to be scared by it. And your description of a 20 month old child is realistic.
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Awwwwwww! How sweet.

Actually, two-year-olds don't have the brain development to understand that just because something looks different doesn't mean it is different. So they think a mask transforms the wearer into whatever the mask is of. Poor Pippin probably thought the mask was a real dragon!
KathyG chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
“Roaarrrrr!” Pippin growled loudly. Paladin winced, as his ears were assaulted. “I’s Smaug! I eat the Dwarveses all up! I eat up all the ponies! Roarrrrrr!”

LOL! If any of Bilbo's dwarves had just happened to be there, they would have just laughed. :)
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Once again, another well-written story.

That can happen: some children are more terrified of wearing masks than others. That was a good idea of Frodo's to face-paint Pippin's face, at least in this story. Yes, I'm sure Merry likes scarier masks, etc.

Good work, yet again. Here's another story that's going into my hobbit community.

Aria Breuer
BrightWatcher chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I like this. it's adorable with the sweetest back story! :)

Good luck with your writer's muse!
seafarer chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Oh, poor little tyke is right! That's adorable in a rather cruel (?) way, at least to Pip. (Excellent word, by the way, tyke. I must remember that one.)
"Very well, Merry! Keep your secrets!" - "Very well, Cousin Frodo! Keep your secrets!" Learned from his mum, I see. ;)
The facepaint was brilliant on Frodo's part. I'd love to see a picture of Pip in his costume. :)
Chamelaucium chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Oh my goodness cute cute cute! Pippin at the end is just adorable, and it's the funniest thing, imagining a tiny Merry dressed as a dwarf. This was absolutely delightful! :D