Reviews for Come What May
Keep Calm And Sing chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Saddest and Happiest story ever!
arabmorgan chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I've spent the last few days systematically going through all of your stories and somehow I just couldn't leave this one without a review. I haven't known anyone personally with cancer but I enjoyed the way you handled the issue, with delicacy and flair. You didn't make it a soap opera or over-dramatize it just because of the cancer, and the painstaking research that goes into your writing is amazing.

I loved Elphaba's reconciliation with Frex, and while I wish there had been a few more scenes with just the two of them, he is a rather difficult character to work with after all. Her letters to her friends were another favourite part of mine, and the way you wrote Boq too! A silly little chap who doesn't really think before he speaks, and yet proves himself over and over to be one of their most reliable friends; or maybe it's just my soft spot for him showing :)

But my favourite line hands down in the entire story would be this gem in chapter 13, Galinda's innocent little "Lymphoma? Elphie, that sounds like cancer." I read that and boom, tears. What makes this so powerful for me is that I can truly visualize Galinda reacting this way, her casual little scoff and the wry smile on her face until the whole thing actually sinks in.

In short, I adored this story, in case it wasn't evident, and it was an absolute pleasure to read :)
Ella Granger chapter 41 . 6/26/2014
Genuinely the most emotional and well written fanfic I've read in my life. Brava!
Ella Granger chapter 37 . 6/26/2014
Now I'm bawling my eyes out and can't breathe through my nose.
Ella Granger chapter 35 . 6/26/2014
Your writing is slowly ruining my life. I started "You've Got Mail" last night and read it all the way through before starting this and reading till I fell asleep. Now I'm up late still reading and you do this. I started crying. Stop being so brilliant!
Fae'sFlower chapter 41 . 6/26/2014
I just read this story and I was laughing, and sobbing all at the same time. This was such an amazing story! Why didn't I discoverate this sooner? Well, now I did, and I'm glad. Wonderful! Bravo! :-)
Camelot Emrys chapter 41 . 5/6/2014
I finally got to finish reading this story and I have to tell you...I have a love/hate relationship with you and this story. You have no idea how many times I cried- starting from chapter 11- Every Single Chapter after that I shed tears! And I don't cry- like, only 1 out of 10 situations. Which totally shows how great of a writer you are because I totally felt like I was there, experiencing everything, and I totally forgot it was just a story. At the end of every chapter I would have to remember/chant, "There will be a happy ending. There will be a happy ending. She would not do this to us!". Ahh too many feels!
Anyhoo- now that I've calmed down (somewhat...), I just wanted to tell you this story is so breathtakingly beautiful! And thank you so much for writing it. I am literally speechless...I think I'm still trying to calm down after the emotional roller coaster ride you took me in. Seriously- I'm a crying mess.
And now I'm going to read the sequels and hope to Oz that I can hold it together in case there's more sad feels in them.
kissa13 chapter 41 . 5/5/2014
I so wanted to finish this yesterday evening, but I had an exam today, so I needed to sleep (didn't manage though), that's why I forced myself to put the story aside, and go to bed. Now that I actually finished reading, I'm really really glad, that I didn't read it yesterday. Cause you just wrecked me. I'm not really sure I can form coherent sentences now, but let's give it a try. You wrecked me, shattered every tiny bit of me, then put the pieces to a mixer, and blended them into something totally different. And then did the happy dance in the kitchen. I basically feel like I was eaten by your story, and now I'm sitting in its stomach with the other readers, happily humming a tune, knowing that we will never get out of here. (All that rumbling about kitchen and eating... Jeez, I'm hungry. And I should never write a real story...) So now I collected some thoughts, and here goes a list:
Reasons why this story was hard for me to read:
1. The topic. Obviously. I never ever read fanfictions (even books rarely) dealing with terminal illnesses. My father died in cancer, and even though our relationship was complicated, it was still there, so maybe that can be an underlying cause why I keep avoiding stories with cancer. Or maybe I don't trust the authors, or I just don't want to get depressed. I don't know.
2. Words like "lymphangiogram". Seriously. I don't even know what the name of this procedure is in my language. Since I'm not a native English speaker, sometimes I felt part of the story was in Chinese, so I had to do a loooot of research. Which is not a bad thing essentially, so now we get to
The reasons why this story was a great read:
1. The topic. Obviously. It was all believable. There wasn't whining or innecessary crying or drama. It was like a giant emotional rollercoaster, and I felt I lived every moment with the characters, as if I was there with them. And I cried, dammit! I never cry on fanfiction (lately), but now I was weeping like a little baby. And when I read Elphaba's letter to Boq, I wanted to throw my chair to the wall. Don't ask me why, I just wanted to (but I didn't do it).
2. Words like "lymphangiogram". Seriously. Sometimes it took an hour to read a chapter, because I had to do a research on every treatment or complication you mentioned. (I like knowing what I'm reading about. Sometimes it's very annoying). That brings me to the question: how long did it take to do all the background check? Cause everything you mentioned was accurate, and I dare say I've never crossed paths with a story this throughoutly planned, with every little detail fitting into the puzzle. I really hope that all of your readers realize and appreciate all the effort you put into this. And now, despite my massive hatred towards biology, I actually know a lot about the human immune system and cancer traitment. And some people say fanfiction is useless... Chhh
kissa13 chapter 35 . 5/4/2014
Wait. WHAT?! :o
kissa13 chapter 12 . 4/27/2014
I should probably play the lottery next week. Question: why are you making me cry?
kissa13 chapter 8 . 4/27/2014
You aren't making Elphie sick with some deadly illness, are you? I don't like Galinda's dream at all, it's like foreshadowing... I have a bad feeling... I just thought I'd tell you that
Guest chapter 41 . 4/25/2014
I just read allllllllllllll of this today! It was amazing! God, I loved it!
adglkadjfgklajdfkl chapter 41 . 2/1/2014
I absolutely ADORED this story! It made me cry and laugh and just be overall happy. Thanks! Keep writing!
Bookworm741 chapter 41 . 12/9/2013
Hey! So I'm a little behind (obviously) on reading my updates. I'm a horrible reviewer, I know *bows head in shame*. I went on a hiatus for who knows what reason, but I've finally caught up! Yay! And can I say, holy amazing. I am actually stunned at how brilliant this fic turned out to be. I actually cried. (Okay, so it was a heavy cry... More sobbing than crying.) How in the world did you do that? I'm pretty sure almost any other author who gave Elphaba cancer, and then put her in a coma would have lost half of their readers. But you made it seem just so perfect and flawless and gah! I love you. This is going to sound really selfish, but I'm glad I didn't read half of it until you had the whole second half published. I'm not sure if I would have lived waiting for the updates... And though I'm hardcore Fiyerba and I absolutely adored their relationship in this, my favorite aspect of this is actually the bonding between Frex and Elphaba. Maybe it's just because I hate disconnected families... Anyways, if my review hasn't said this enough: you are a genius and my hero. This was brilliant. When I grow up, I want to be just like you. ;) Cannot wait to see what you come up with next!
throppgirl123 chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
Yes! It is true!(the marshmallow thing) Gummi bears work too. :)