Reviews for Festival Among the Rocks
Brenden chapter 6 . 6/3/2013
goodwork
Smallbuffywhofan1 chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
Man i love the Technobabble although i haven't thoroughly read anything yet, I just love the technobabble. Well it sort of is, i feel dumb now :(
riflemouse chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
This was really good. I loved it. As soon as I saw the name I knew it was going to be a good read. A long one, but thats just opposed to making it episodic.

But I don't know why anone would be flaming you, or complaining about how hard it is to write an Asteroid fic. Its basically just OF with a basic concept in mind.
Archive1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
I read this in 20 but I never got a chance to review it. I've loved it then, and I love it now. Taking something as, dare I say, simple and dull as the classic Asteroids game and spinning a tale with the "dirty future" gleam of Star Wars and the relatively creative pseudo-science (This is meant positively, not negatively) of Star-Trek, I think this is unique and fantastic.
Razorwind chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
well damn, that was great

allways interesting to see people's takes on these old games with no story, I personally am working with Gradius but this is quite an achivement.

keep up the good work

Reza Kaze

Razorwind
Arc Trader chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
WHOA...

Stuff like this you don't find every day, folks. And that's the gospel truth.

Somehow, a game that was a game in the purest sense of the word was transformed into a space opera not unlike that of the Escape Velocity universe. And that can only mean it's a good thing.

The parallel this story has with Escape Velocity is pretty striking. An ordinary man just out to earn a few bucks getting entangled in a big mess between the military and the Aliens. Though you throw in a foil to Ellison in the form of Jason Kain, and I enjoyed their tit-for-tat rivalry, that was ultimately resolved in blood.

Your attention to detail on many aspects is striking: spaceship fuel, the ASM as a form of navigation, etc.

What I found odd was how Ellison got the Armageddon weapon... it felt a bit deus ex machina. BUT... sweet way to end the story.

Probably something else I should mention is the relative lack of profanity. And yet, it flowed so well. I salute you for that. You don't always need to curse like a Navy sailor to make a good story.

And geez, you wrote this in middle school? This could sure show a thing or two to all those inflated egos out there.

Don't worry, no French Simpsons here. I'm over and out.

- Phantom Kensai
derp for brains chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Nice. To the flamers, it does not take a year to make a 90 word story! Some people are able to do that in ONE HOUR!
Lady Psychic chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Wow! That was an interresting story. It takes alot of skill and imagination to make a great story like this for a simplistic game like Asteroids. I thought it was a great story, and I compliment you for successfully creating an excellent Asteroids fic. I shall read your sequal later.
DarthTofu chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Wow... I was reading this and wondering if this was the asteroids I had played or if this was some new hell thought up by Sony... That was insane writing and junk. I never really pictured anyone going that far on, as your friend's friend so artfully put it "A 2D space game where you shoot blobs". The only contructive crticism I can offer is that you should really use indentations or a line of those "*" things to indicate when you change scenes. It's kind of strange when one minute the character is in his fighter and the next minute he's on a space station.
Ragewaar chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
That was damn incredible. Keep up the good work. It's amazing how you turned a 2-d game with an amazing lack of variety/weaponry (The last time I checked anyways) Into this. Good job. I can't beleive that anyone would hate this.
Mister Cynical chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Excellent story.

Note to Beserker Rage. You wrote a fanfic on gundam wing, which has a plot and it wasn't anywhere near as good as this.
James Jago chapter 1 . 2/26/2003
Disregard all those guys going on about how sad it is to write fanfics about games with no plot or dialogue; hell, I'm writing a Blake's 7 fic which is vastly inferior in terms of character development, plot and dialogue, and I didn't even have to make up my own characters!

The plot is actually pretty good, and rises above the game; it'd work very well as an original fic.
Kuzuye chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
It takes much imagination to take a game like Asteroids and give it a past, and to all flamers of this story, please use that one brain cell you managed to keep hold of and go do something constructive. Ahem. To you, Luke, it was an interesting story. I liked the feel of it. Great fic, keep writing.
JohnRoss chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
To the author: I emailed BerserkerRage about his comment, and he replied with fervor that he in fact did not make that statement, but his friend did whom he showed to (in which he was not around to stop him.) He wished I tell you that. Good wishes.
CastleVmaster chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
Superb... bravo! i never thought you would pull this off so well!