Reviews for An Illusion
nightfuries chapter 15 . 4/1/2014
Hey, sorry, I just realised I haven't reviewed this in AGES. I will be giving more thorough, detailed, regular reviews from now on! For now, can I just say I love what you're doing with the story and can't wait to see more!
Volcanic Lily chapter 15 . 1/12/2014
I just realized: this is the first time I've reviewed a story in ages. I'm horribly out of practice (and I was never the best reviewer in the first place), so forgive me for that.

Anyway, I'm glad you told me about this, because it's really good so far. I don't think that I'd be able to write from the perspectives of so many different tributes (wait... you already know that, of course), but I think you did a good job of letting us get inside their heads. Of course, that also makes it tougher to decide who to root for.

Also, "They keep stealing my chicken!" is the best line ever.

I'm just going to shut up before I start rambling, but again, I've really enjoyed reading this. :)

Lily
SleepingQueen17 chapter 15 . 1/11/2014
I like how you included the fallen tributes' points of view when they died. A lot of authors don't do that, and I think they deserve some mention past "District _ Tribute died."
MissBunburyHope chapter 15 . 1/8/2014
It's good to read this again, especially as it's actually the Games. But I want to know who they killed. If it was only one and a half, or more. So update when you can!
Miki chapter 14 . 12/27/2013
Damn, this is the best HG fic I've ever read! So realistic! Keep going with this series please, and happy early new year.
Princess Unikitty chapter 14 . 11/1/2013
looks great so far. keep it up
SleepingQueen17 chapter 14 . 9/14/2013
This chapter was kind of short, but with school and all that I understand that there is no time to extend chappies. It was pretty decent. I'm glad that Topaz died, and astonished that Orchard went into the bloodbath and survived. Can't wait to see what other "Illusions" you come up with. (Also, didn't the prologue say that there would be nothing in the Cornucopia.)
MissBunburyHope chapter 14 . 9/10/2013
It's understandable that you didn't want to do the interviews, so maybe the tributes could have flashbacks or something, if they said anything that was particularly important. However, it's really interesting to have an Arena that changes, particularly when there's already so much tension between the alliances. I can't wait to read the rest- update soon!
SleepingQueen17 chapter 13 . 9/6/2013
I don't know why, but for some reason I loved that you put ths chapter in, even though it was just a filler. It was one of my favorite parts of the actual Hunger Games novel, but no one usually does it. Haha I love Bull.
Coconut Juice chapter 13 . 8/29/2013
Eeeep! The updates keep on getting better and better. Mine? Not so much... eh, I'll work on it. How dare you make me wait for the Games? They're the most exciting part! D: Oh well XD Congrats on making 50 reviews! You deserve lots more in my opinion. Keep up the work 3 Oh, and I'll vote on ze poll.
MissBunburyHope chapter 13 . 8/28/2013
It's really interesting to see the Interview preparations, especially with a range of tributes. The Career training must be annoying because they know it all already, but it must be a lot more difficult for the outer Districts. However, you gave us two very different examples- I felt really sorry for Sap, but I kind of felt like laughing at Bull's answers. Update soon!
unspeakable49 chapter 12 . 8/27/2013
This was interesting. I didn't remember this happening in the books, but I'm guessing it does if you wrote it. :) Andd, I think I'm you're fiftieth reviewer. Congratulations. :)
unspeakable49 chapter 11 . 8/27/2013
The sessions were definitely not as bad as they could have become, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they were the highlight of the story either. Good job though.
unspeakable49 chapter 10 . 8/27/2013
So it got slightly monotonous because most of the tributes you showed this time seemed unsure of what they wanted to show, as opposed to the tributes last time, who were all very confident. I get that they were the Careers, and these kids weren't, but it got a little boring for me to read about tribute after tribute having a bad time with the Game makers.
Serenetie-Ishida chapter 11 . 8/27/2013
Wow, you're going really fast now. I didn't even review this chapter and there is already a new one.
So now i'm going to put the last three chapters in one.

It's good that you had every tribute in the private sessions. I don't see that a lot, most people just pick four tributes out and write a pov about them. But now i have a clear vission in who is good at something and who isn't. That makes it a lot easier to vote which tribute should die in the bloodbath.

I'm going to read the next chapter tonight because i have to go now, but you can expect another review from me.