Reviews for The Last of the Stewards
sian22 chapter 1 . 6/11
'there was a dwarf" :) "We should give them at least a morning's gossip...
brilliant lines...
sian22 chapter 3 . 6/11
This is so absolutely lovely. How did it take me so long to find? Thank you so very much for it
Guest chapter 3 . 12/22/2014
I love Eowyn's thoughts here. A beautiful 3 chapters.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/22/2014
beautiful story. Love Eowyn, she is a wonderful character. I think you've truly voiced the characters in this story well. Thank you
sailor68 chapter 3 . 1/13/2014
Wow, what a great story! Thank you!
Anon chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
:) the sword/knife was a brilliant idea.
Anon chapter 2 . 12/31/2013
Funny. :)
Anon chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
That was unexpected. Not really a nice wedding night. The future does intrigue me though.
Wheelrider chapter 3 . 10/31/2013
I first saw this story at Henneth-Annun (I think?) and it was basically the very first LoTR fanfic I read that I loved. Kudos! Hope your recent re-posting means you're writing more...
annafan chapter 3 . 10/21/2013
I have only just discovered this story and it is so lovely. I think the way you've managed to avoid the cliched wedding night and allow them to develop their relationship at their own (well, partly Beregond's) pace is beautiful. So many lovely details - Eowyn waking up next to him and realising she would never be cold again, Eomer simultaneously playing the most ridiculous joke on Faramir and giving him very heartfelt advice. And all done beautifully in the 1st person (I am trying to write in the 1st person at the moment, so I know how incredibly difficult it is to pull off). And I loved your cover art too!
Cacotechny chapter 3 . 7/23/2013
If emotional squawking could be communicated in a more eloquent way, I'd do it; until then, though, I can really only say that I'm squawking emotionally right now. Which is a good thing, btw. I adore Faramir and Eowyn as characters, and what you've done here with them is just astounding and amazing and omg you're so good at first person, etc.

Beautiful, beautiful bit of fanfiction you have here. To me at least, your style is immensely mature but clear enough that the humor shines through the prose and is not bogged down in flowery speech. Your Faramir is adorable, and I think you've captured a healing/healed Eowyn most perfectly.

I don't know how many people have fav'd this, but it deserves all of them. Lovely, lovely work.
Petrichora chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
I adore this story! Éowyn is one of my favorite characters, but so many people get her horribly wrong in fanfic, not to mention the potential for disaster I usually find first person to be. This story is truly beautiful: thank you so much for posting it.
Ofka chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Nice cover. At first when I saw it I was sure you were from Poland and then - surprise! I must say I'm quite happy that Kasiopea's drawings are appreciated outside Poland, too :)
tommyginger chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
I had read this somewhere else and loved it but never sought to tell you. A beautiful story and I love the way you wove the whole theme of the horse / Eowyn. Your Eomer is the most insightful portrayal I have ever read of him and it makes me love him all the more. So glad Eowyn was not forced to "slay" poor Beregond... :-)
Guest chapter 3 . 7/13/2013
Lovely, and very much in-character for both Eowyn and Faramir. Although i feel sorry for the poor couple having the true start of their marriage delayed by misunderstandings and well-meaning meddlers. :) Eowyn's patience is exemplary, considering. :)