Reviews for The Weight
kclaura2003 chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
This is great! Rick is my second favorite male character next to Daryl. People put too much pressure on Rick, he's only a man after all.
Incog Ninja chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Insomnia's a bitch, but at least it gave me the opportunity to sink my teeth into this gorgeous piece last night. Thanks for writing, babe. xox
Limaro chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
This is so beautiful.
You've painted a remarkable portrait of Rick and the burdens that threatened to break him. Yet managed to let us see the teeniest spark of hope enduring in him, waiting to resurface.
Thank you for writing!
Rea Josette chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Gr
Haunted Obsidian chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This was awesome. :) It's so hard to find good Rick stories, let alone great ones. Hope to see more from you.
Valerie E. Mackin chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Perfect. I think you captured everything this moment needed and everything this moment presented, and you did so eloquently and wearily and with every emotion it needed. Rick is overloaded, and we can feel that. I could feel each exhausted step he took to get where he is now. and I don't think anyone could've done this better.
Nmbr1Fanilow chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Aaaaand there falls the tear that's been threatening to fall since the beginning when I read, "the short glances and nods from the redneck cut him to the quick, reminding him of a camaraderie that he once had and then had to put down." So powerful in so few words. Identifiable emotion is the hardest thing to convey in words (in my opinion) and you did that so vividly here. You're such a talent. Thanks for this. (Also, Broadripple is Burning by Margot & the Nuclear So & So's started playing when I began reading and it was so perfect)
AislingIsobel chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
This is just so...right. You captured Rick perfectly, just perfectly. The strained relationship between him and Lori. The beginning strain between him and Carl. The loss of the group. Wow...it just all hit me again and left me quite speechless (typeless) for a moment. The emotion he carries in his face, especially when he looked at Lori, I can see all of this flashing in his eyes.

Well done in putting all that down in words. Love this, so much.