Reviews for Running Away
I'm guessing heather as the rider
GreenBeanOfJelly chapter 24 . 9/11
Try to put a '-' between fan and art, otherwise people's tired brains see the word "fart", also, the last sentence says 'weak' instead of 'week'.

Amazing story, but it looks like HtTYD 2 is starting to influence you a bit too much, please don't let the rest of this story just be a retelling of the movie, I really hate fanfics that do that, it's not very imaginative.

I noticed that the phrase, "chaos, of course, ensues." Was used in the description for your MLP fic about lonesome lonely loners. Nothing wrong there, just a fun thing I found.
Cabbit and the Weasel chapter 41 . 8/8
There were issues I thought with the pacing of the story, but other than that you stuck well to a story line and while the development of characters was a bit spotty you did improve a bit I think and they did hold consistency.

You handled the emotional turmoil later into the fic much better than the earlier chapters up after Stoic found Hiccup and the Red Death incident.

However, you weren't very good with the drama or excitement of things like Hiccups battle with the Red Death, or his and Valka's meeting, and really only brushed over Astrid's want to ride a dragon before kind of pushing that under the rug. All those should have been very heart stopping moments but really honestly came up short in my opinion and not as climatic.

I think during the time you were writing this story you would have benefited from a few extra chapters here and there to develop certain plot points without leaving them as holes as well as learning to slow the pace of some scenes that really should have been developed more for the sake of character development and arcs that helped them grow.

Like with the chapters that first introduced Valka to Hiccup. Since this was a AU and there was no mention of HTTYD 2 plot lines copying their introduction to one another from the movie, compared to making an entirely new scene and reason as to why they met made it much less impact and seemed rushed and detached.

I think I really started to enjoy the fic around the time Fishlegs came to the island though and I might check out the sequel to see who much you improved after this story and see if you fixed any of the plot holes left in this one.
Cabbit and the Weasel chapter 5 . 8/8
All this 'loosing his ability to speak his native language' is highly unlikely and unrealistic. You do not just forget, or loose the ability to speak the first language you learned to speak with unless 1)You become mute either selectively where you still know who to speak the language, you just choose not to due to reasons. Or your vocal cords had been damaged, thus all speech, including dragon speech would be rendered impossible. And 2) You simply go so long not saying anything that psychologically you just can't form the words, much like selective mute-ism.

Hiccup is a healthy, very intelligent boy and fully capable of knowing two different languages without loosing the ability to speak his native tongue just like with most people who learn a second language. The first one comes naturally, because again: IT WAS THE ONE HE LEARNED TO SPEAK FIRST. It's like riding a bicycle, you never forget. Unless Hiccup has gone into some kind of selective mutetism for only his norse language I cannot make sense of this.

If anything, logically speaking and using common sense it would make more sense that Hiccup struggles slightly with Dragon speech since we can assume human vocal cords were not made to roar like a dragon. This lack of foresight of yours is currently becoming a pet peeve of mine as I try to find parts of the story I enjoy. Which is starting to dwindle seeing how shallowly the emotional turmoil or something that Stoic should be feeling with reuniting with his long lost sun should be an emotional roller coaster. Hiccup has kept a consistent attitude through out the encounter thus far and has stuck to it. But here Stoic is being happy to see his son one paragraph, then condemning him as a traitor for the dragon thing the next without investing in any emotional development in your writing.

There is a very noticeable lack of emotion development or investment in any deeper details of Hiccups life on the island, his growing? bond with Toothless, how he feels about himself as a person now outside the oppressive hold of Berk or even just general world building, slice of life, character development and it makes the story lack luster and makes me not care as much as i should about how Hiccup goes from child to man because there is no building up to the man he is now. And thats dull.

I can only hope that with the knowledge that this fic is several chapters long, that you start improving as the story progresses.
ivanganev1992 chapter 41 . 8/4
Ch 41

When the adopted sickly children thrived as beautiful flowers on HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT AND STRONG at least like aged willow. Like mini Rowins/Hiccups when Hiccup grew into this powerful dragon rider.
ivanganev1992 chapter 38 . 8/4
Ch 38

Toothless the Psyhiatrist . Gladly calming to the end. How to call that. That is the caring human side of Toothless I love as great person.
He deserves it.
ivanganev1992 chapter 30 . 8/3
Ch30
When I was extremely angry Banged my head in whatever is close.
Biting my nails to the living nail . Or want to hit something. The worst was when I broke a layered glass window with my wrist. It was very bloody.
Storing anger is like storing High quality TNT and with a spark explode like hydrogen bond .
And beside destruction the dragons could be helpful as animal therapist and calming cat healing injured souls . Ii know their human intelligence but sometimes they are so carefree so more or less they still has their streak . That doesn't make them less intelligent , just more driven of their instincts and emotions .
But that describes their quirks . But that usually doesn't happen and still they are in the border between the human and the nature urges.
ivanganev1992 chapter 22 . 8/3
Ch 22

I think for few songs especially for that occasion. Unfortunately I forgot their names.

In the evening or afternoon I'll tell you which songs I have in mind.

" I currently am thinking for male version of the song "She Wolf " but not from Shakira.
"... A shot in the dark...!The past...! Lost in SPACE !You wounded me down like SHE WOLF (...)
I'm falling to Pieces...falling to Pieces...falling to Pieces !"

Castle of glass .

"Breaking the Habit"

The last was from linkin park .

Post Apocalyptic,No photos,the Reaper collector of photos.
In the afternoon I'll say the last song .
ivanganev1992 chapter 20 . 8/3
Ch 20

Night fury amour about 20-18

If the scales in the abdomen are thick than light /heavy leather armor and the thicker parts like the back maybe little more fragile than iron chain armor than the nigh fury amour should be light or medium Kevlar and then is the heavy grockle armor about thick as heavy Kevlar or knight heavy armor or medium armor but they are still disproportion between the weight and the tiny little wings miraculously holding like helicopter propels.
Oh. My...Goodness! When I first started reading this fanfic, I never would have guessed that I would be so attached and drawn to it. And having a sequel makes it all the more exciting! I can't wait to read it and I am, no doubt, share this with my friends and hope that they enjoy it as much as I have! X3
Luke Dragneel chapter 10 . 7/15
Actually, Astrid never actually bullied him, she just got angry with him getting in her way. As for the others, Ruff and Tuff are pranksters and Hiccup was an easy target. Out of the entire group the only real bully was his cousin Snotlout, and that was mainly to impress Astrid.
I(speaking from a point of experience as I have dealt with 14 years of bullying in my younger years) actually understand Hiccup's feelings on the matter. Due to his general clumsiness and strange build for a male Viking (a body type and mind set he inherited from his mother), he simply didn't fit in, especially considering the contrast of his father Stoick to compare to.

The fact it is a Viking setting(where they normally would have killed any weak offspring, because they would dishonor the family, not to mention Vikings in general were raiders) and what happened to Hiccup is actually rather mild, a fact he acknowledges by not simply committing suicide by dragon. The line of succession would then be passed on to Snotlout after Stoick either stepped down or died in battle. As is the Viking way.

As for Hiccup's actions, the second movie actually points out that his mother Valka had preached the same thing to the village before she was kidnapped by her dragon. So they have actually heard it before and the fact Hiccup stands before them with a Night Fury of all dragons shows them that it is possible.
Luke Dragneel chapter 2 . 7/15
I would have to say that while Toothless is awesome and all, his fire is more like plasma balls than actual fire. Hiccup can tame dragons, that means he can get other dragons that can better help out(like the Gronckle Steel that was introduced in Riders of Berk when Meatlug swallowed several types of rocks) for certain tasks. Such as the Terrors help make stronger than normal glass and the gas of a Zippleback turned into something like the sword from the second movie(or used to light fires, in very small portions to avoid explosions).
Ghost Dragon Master chapter 19 . 7/13
If you still have not seen HTTYD2 all I will say is the asshole dies.
whats up with his voice?
The Night Ninja chapter 34 . 5/15
I've read the books but not past number six,I really want to teach myself to speak dragon but I don't think it'll be possible