Reviews for Memorial
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 9/4/2016
This is absolutely my favorite fic of yours (at least that I've read so far, but I can't imagine a topic better than this). I've always wondered how Alanna would go on with her life without her twin brother. Especially growing up isolated in the tiny mountain castle without a mother and with a father that couldn't have been more distant if he tried. Being twins I imagine they were already intensely connected/bonded (each other's halves) and that growing up in such a neglectful, isolating, possibly even abusive environment would have made them even closer. I can't imagine how hard her birthdays must have been since his death, I like how all her friends were there to be with her.
I also can't imagine how hard it must of been for Alanna to have to raise a set of twins, a set of boy girl twins, and watch them be together and grow. I imagine watching them together would always have that aspect of pain because it would be a constant reminder that her own twin was dead and gone.
BeccaWritesFic chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
yeeeeeesss! I was always upset that Thom (the 1st) was never mentioned after Lioness Rampant. this is a really accurate depiction of what Alanna would do.
1Kiko chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Ouch. I could never begin to imagine, but I always kind of wondered how she managed to cope in that first little bit after Thom.

:] Kiko
Grace brings Hope chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Such beautiful sorrow. Tamora Pierce never does tell us how Alanna deals with her greif of Thom. I can imagine that this is very close to how her birthday "celebration" went.
AlpacaOverlord chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
This is great. I read the books years ago, so maybe I'm forgetting some stuff, but I don't recall her ever drinking and getting drunk. Or even being the way she is. I remember her always feeling something strong, not ever being like this. Will there be an update to explain why she's like this?