Reviews for Evening the Score
Nintendian chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
GAHH young Shepherds are sooo adorable.. I can't get enough of them :D everyone was so freakin cute in this story, and I can totally see Chrom and Sully acting like this as preteens. I loved how Sully cut her hair at the end, but I do wonder what she would have looked like with long hair :P Also, I completely agree how there needs to be more stuff about Chrom and Sully.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. This was really nicely written and I loved this a lot! Great work! :)
passwordrawr chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
THIS. tHISs
Ahhh relationships. They're precious.
Because sometimes you can step away from all the romance and enjoy just being FRIENDS.
Lilybud chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
I loved that a lot! Hah, it was extremely well-written, and the characters were lovely! So that's how Sully has long hair; nice background for it. I could totally imagine this happening! Lovely!
"Frederick was smiling calmly, and Sully knew already to never, ever argue with that smile."
I just really enjoyed that part...
Amielleon chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Sweet and perfect. This does a fabulous job of conveying their emergent personalities, as well as adding a bit of preteen vulnerability that's really endearing.
selenia-sopheria chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
That is so cute. Sully is a respectable woman.
Bonsoir chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Ahhhh this was so cute. I also love the mirror, and how her day began and ended with it. And of course, that last line was the best ever. Best dream in the world.

The explanation for why her hair is so short was pretty cute, too. On one hand I want to say that she has her hair short because she likes it and not because of any other reason, but her gender identity crisis in-game points to other things. Maybe it is something she did to give her an advantage. Picturing her with long hair isn't easy but in my mind she'd look pretty girly, so it might have been a big deal for her to change how she looked so drastically. I like that her mother shrieked though; that's cute.

Thanks for the fun read. MORE YOUNG SHEPHERDS STUFF PLZ.

Love,
Manna
Goku's Donut chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I agree with you. I don't ship Chrom/Sully either ('cuz I just can't seem to pair them up with anyone who isn't F!Robin and Stahl, lol) and there's simply not enough Young!Shepherd fanfiction. I'd totally give it a hand if I wasn't such a bumbling fool when it came to writing friendship/slice of life stories, lol. I can barely keep the plot of a romance in order.
I really liked the idea of Sully cutting her hair - it makes a crap load amount of sense. I was a wee bit happy to see that Sumia didn't make an appearance, since, like one reviewer said, I've always viewed her as coming in a bit late, given that she seems inexperienced. The same can be said for Lissa as well, who I think didn't join until she got a bit older (most likely because she was tired of being treated like some pampered princess). I've always envisioned Chrom as somewhat of a brat when he was a child and I adore your characterization of preteen Sully, lol. I imagine a lot of boys being intimidated by her because she isn't your average female.
All in all, I enjoyed this and if you're ever going to make anymore preteen, I'm definitely gonna read it! Good luck.
red lilies chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I approve of the entirely of this fic. The Sully/Chrom interaction, the other shepards referance, Sully's character shining through the whole thing.
A delight to read, from start to end.
overtired chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I completely agree, I don't ship ChromxSully either but I totally see them as bros and there's a shocking lack of stuff about them. (There’s a lack of Chrom and Vaike bro stuff too, come to think of it.)

I loved this, it's just perfect. Teeny Shepherds were adorable: Sully calling Chrom a name she just learned from Vaike, an explanation for why her hair is short and why Chrom has only one sleeve, Stahl's third breakfast, Vaike's big head, Frederick's insistence on punctuality. The only things that stood out to me were Sumia's presence (she always struck me as a much later recruit, with less experience) and Frederick's youth (he seems much older to me) but both of those are kinda just my personal headcanons.

Also I love Chrom THANKING Sully for punching him in the face here, hah. He doesn’t say so in his supports with Sully specifically, but he definitely values people who treat him like anyone else, not like royalty, and I think that's a big reason why he treasures his friendship with Sully so much.

I just love how you write Sully and hope you write more of her!
Temporary Permanent chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Awwww, that was sweet. A good job, you did a good job with this backstory.
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Okay, this was adorable. XD And I love the explanation for Chrom's lack of sleeves and Sully's hair!
BethanRose chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This is a great idea to show the Shepherds in their youth, and now we have a backstory to why Sully's hair is so short. Well done, I hope you continue this.
Akeifara chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I love this. You wrote Sully so well! I can definitely picture this in my mind that they we're definitely like this at that age. Also, as an avid fan of ChromxSully ( though I do like ChromxF!Robin/Olivia), this fic made me happy! Thank you for the lovely story!

Lurking and reading more,