Reviews for Dove Galaxies
gamergirl101 chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
Interesting.

BTW, I tried to search using the link. I can't find it.
Demented Insane Spirit chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
I love this! I would love to see more on this, but it looks like the story's been abandoned :(
Beast of the Sea chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
I've always been a Lloyd/Wink fan, so I'm glad to see this fic... but it hasn't been updated since July? Oh dear... :\
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Man I loved this game growing up, and still do to this day! Anyways, I feel like you captured the characters well especially with what little you have given us so far. Miranda comes off blunt and deals the truth out without sugar-coating anything. It's a real and easy to believe view that she has on Lloyd. Wink ,on the the other hand, comes off childish which I believe she may be.
I'm looking forward to seeing you post more and continue with the story!

-XxChillyxX (sometimes it posts my reviews as a guest)
Surely Blue chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Thirteen years… it’s strange to add up the time and realize TLoD came out that long ago (and that its subsequent section has been on FFNet that long as well). With confidence right now, I can say that it is my best-loved RPG and, in general, my overall favorite video game. The art direction, addition system, storyline, soundtrack, etc., etc. - I really enjoyed/still do enjoy all of the pieces that make it up as a whole. On the flip-side, I’ve never had much of an urge to read fan-fiction for the game. I visit FFNet practically every week, but I frequently overlook the link for TLoD. So, I’m wondering about that aspect now, the discrepancy and why it exists. Anyhow, I hope to break that practice by reviewing your story now.

First off, I liked the title. I found it to be unusually pretty (oh, and I didn’t know Opalescent was a word either). I would have never of thought to use the word handsomeness in relation to a lady, and even if I did, I would have brushed the thought aside within seconds. You have a wide-ranging vocabulary and you’ve utilized it nicely. The interactions between Miranda and Wink were fine. I liked how the former tried to tread carefully with her words, while the latter was bravely insistent. When it comes to Lloyd, it is hard to disagree with Miranda’s description of him. But, hey, this is going to be a love story, so I’ll be happily rooting for Wink on her journey.

I didn’t think that this first chapter was that short. Of course, I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing longer chapters posted in the future… which brings me to another point… FFNet has made plenty of changes to put more emphasis on the review function. Yet, there is no foolproof plan to gain feedback. Whether they be books, anime/manga series, or otherwise, the statistics for astronomically popular fan-doms (Harry Potter, Twilight, Inuyasha, The Legend of Zelda, etc.) bear out a comparable trend. Fan-fictions for one of those groups can easily have - 74 Follows and, yet 34 (less than half of that number) will be able and/or willing to leave a review. So, I think it is important that you write for your own enjoyment first and foremost.