Reviews for Spectral Dance
Kaleidoscope chapter 6 . 2/23/2014
The bit with the Witch of Endor was a lovely reference, and it works very well as scripture adapted to the GrimGrimoire universe. It's also fun to see Bartido's thought processes at work; he does know his cons well.
ByLanternLight chapter 17 . 2/17/2014
A fun mystery. 5/5!
Pope William T Wodium chapter 17 . 1/26/2014
A nice little epilogue to a satisfying side-story. The coffee invitation rounds it off just right.
Moczo chapter 16 . 1/23/2014
And you say you can't write action sequences. :p
ByLanternLight chapter 16 . 1/19/2014
Fantastic fight scene. 5/5.
LoneWolf218 chapter 16 . 1/19/2014
Great chapter, once again. I was kind of worried about how Bartido, who's not nearly as skilled as Lillet, would be able to beat a master. It seems his answer is superior preparation and his fists (he really seems to like using those in a fight, there was the omake where he punched out the sorceress as well.)

I do have one question, though. It seems odd that Vine would be involved as well; as Bartido mentioned before, she seems a bit too flighty for Dundee and the others to trust her with plan when they didn't even hire other actors to fill parts of the scheme. Of course, Bartido had to remove her from the battle in case she was involved, but it seems odd that everyone simply assumes she's as guilty as the others, especially since she didn't have any defenses.

Anyways, enough rambling over small things, hope the wrap-up chapter comes soon.
Guest chapter 15 . 1/14/2014
Oh HO. Well, that certainly explains why Dundee was so quickly convinced by the Prosecco's display.

Now Bartido just has to deal with his horrible army of deadly ghosts! Which... I am...sure he can?
MissGardenia chapter 15 . 1/12/2014
Hah! I was close, but no cigar. Vine's last name was too inconsequential at the time to remember it for when it came up again.
pheonix89 chapter 15 . 1/12/2014
And with that, Bartido wins. Because even if he wins the fight, he has to kill Bartido. Which will result in more attention.
Belthasar chapter 14 . 12/17/2013
Well, it looks like the next chapter will be very interesting.
Moczo chapter 14 . 12/16/2013
Break her, Bartido. The smugness is starting to wear on me.
MissGardenia chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
The obvious conclusion is that the Proseccos aren't the Proseccos at all (ie not married, false identities) and are the other two listed in the trust, isn't it?
LoneWolf218 chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
Oh, what a tangled web you weave. I have the feeling that all the clues are there for readers to solve the mystery, but for the life of me I cannot see the answer.

Hope you continue soon, I need to know what's going on.
Absolut chapter 12 . 12/1/2013
(((((((((((((((((((((((
But the part that Bartido found interesting wasn’t something that could be seen by ordinary eyes. In the center of the carpet was a Rune, waiting quiescently.
For a moment he wondered why the Rune was set in the reception room instead of the inner office, before he realized the flaws in his question. On the one hand, nothing said that there couldn’t be other defenses in the inner rooms, while on the other hand, keeping any magical battles out here would prevent damage to valuable records and legal documents.
With that momentary diversion set aside, Bartido turned his mind to the problem at hand. The trap hadn’t yet tripped, or else it would be visible to anyone and unleashing any summoned familiars or magical effects against him.
Since he hadn’t been paralyzed, shocked, incinerated, or set upon, then he was off to a good start.
)))))))))))))))))))))
For Bartido, the glass is always half full.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
As it was, while it had cost him time, the lock probably saved his neck. Had the door been unlocked, he’d have probably walked right in, still flush with excitement at the success of his decision to risk circling the carpet.
Had he done that, he’d likely have triggered the ward on the floor of the next room before noticing it.
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
I love this though I cannot figure out why. Just something about the dashing hero narrowly avoiding a stupid death through dumb luck.
It certainly fits with the overall theme of this chapter, of this is not a noir detective story'. See also [[[[[[ And now I’m analyzing the character of a man I’ve never met by looking at his office furniture!
]]]]]]]]] and [[[[[[[ it made him realize how ludicrous it had been to expect to analyze everything during the break-in. ]]]]]]
Absolut chapter 11 . 12/1/2013
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
“The problem was what the ghosts were saying at the seance, if I remember correctly. They were giving eyewitness, or soul-witness, or whatever, testimony about what comes after death. The ghosts are summoned familiars, though.
Now, a magician has more or less control over familiars based on the magician’s power and skill and the familiar’s nature. But the magician is still the one in control.
They can compel the spirit to act, to answer—and to tell pretty lies that just happen to mesh with what the spiritualists are telling the paying customers. It’s very straightforward, really.”
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
And we know that Bartido can hijack their own Rune if he gets to it before they do.
Now I have visions of a seance in which the good Madame looks oddly perturbed, and then suddenly there are ghosts talking about how God is a giant chicken and the afterlife is filled with castles made of green cheese.
Okay, he wouldn't really do that, because that would be cruel to the mourners, but it would also be *awesome*.