Reviews for A Little Adventure
Analyn 100 chapter 4 . 2/22/2004
You're doing this in movie-verse, right? Because in the book Frodo kept the Ring on a chain that was always in his pocket. Yes, it's movie-verse. Pip would be younger than my little sister if this was by-the-book, and therefore not allowed to drink ale.
Henna Gamgee chapter 6 . 1/2/2004
Aha! New chapter at last! Don't worry, your writing is still excellent even with 8 months of rustiness. Otho and Lobelia were SO EVIL! Somehow I didn't expect them to be so clever, turning everyone against Frodo like that. Nasty AND clever ... definitely a pair to watch out for. Anyway, I will wait patiently for another update, although I hope it won't be another 8 months!
Arwen Baggins chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Never mind that trying to find that e-mailed review! I found it myself,in my Sent folder! I knew I'd sent it off!
Now I'm really glad I reviewed the 5th chapter, to think that this chapter might not even have been here if not for that!
You really like my pen-name? Me too, it was kind of hard to find a name that wasn't alread in use. The main character of my first story shares that name. I came up with it and decided to keep it for my own pen-name after failed atempts at coming up with another one. Okay, I'll stop blabbering and get to the review, which you're probably looking for anyway.
Very good chapter, considering that you haven't written in 8 months that is. I must admit it makes sense that Lobelia, Otho, and even Merry, Pippin, and Sam would be concerned about Frodo's head wound. But I would expect his friends to recognize when Frodo has lost control of his mind and when he hasn't. Also, what was that part about when Frodo claimed that Sam had seen it al. Sam was in the Tavern, not Bag End, wasn't he? I can't wait to see what Frodo says and does when he wakes up. And how will he get the Ring back? With Sam's help I suppose, since Merry and Pippin aren't suppossed to know about it yet. That's the REAL question.
One more thing, don't feel too bad about not updating for a while if you can't. I understand perfectly. School schedules are forcing me to leave my audience in suspense, so certainly won't hold it against you if you do the same to me.
* Arwen Baggins
Wow! I don't remember writing it quite THIS long last time!
Analyn 100 chapter 6 . 12/17/2003
*Thinking to herself* I thought I e-mailed you a review to post for me. Guess not. I just figured out how to get the review pop-up screen to work again. This computer's been going crazy for the past like 2 months.
Anyway, on to the review, I liked how you worked Frodo's head injury into the story. Merry's and Sam's concern was classic, as was Lobelia's and Otho's reaction. Frodo sure is in a fix, but he'll find a way out of it, I'm sure. Now all you have to do is get the Ring out of there and have Frodo find his mother's things in the SB's home.
You've forgotten how to write? Really, I never would have guessed.
Note: if you do find that I did in fact e-mail you a review (which I'm pretty sure I did), could you please submit it for me under my pen-name as Annonymouos, because I forgot what I originally wrote. Am I making any sense? If I'm not you can contact me at
shirebound chapter 6 . 11/26/2003
Poor Frodo! Whatever is going to happen next? At least Merry, Pippin, and Sam won't let him come to any more harm, although his tirade probably lost him a lot of credibility with the law and the neighbors.

I wonder how Frodo will *ever* get the Ring back?
Clever Hobbit chapter 6 . 11/26/2003
Oh, poor Frodo! I can't stand Lobelia now! Frodo's right, and there she is, Devil's advocate (or Morgoth's advocate, if you prefer), contradicting Frodo's every word!

I'm still worried about the Ring... That valerian will slow the time he has to get it before Lobelia puts it on, that's for certain.

My arachnophobia has doubled now, as a spider has decided to make its home over my front door, and it is a rather big web with several egg sacs. I make a point to go in the *other* door when I come home.
Mrs. Maggot chapter 6 . 11/24/2003
Wonderful, Ice Princess! I'm thrilled to see that one of my favorite stories has been updated! Excellent story! Keep writing!
map chapter 6 . 11/23/2003
I am so glad you've finally updated. I was following this story. It is so well written. Please update soon. I can't wait to see what Frodo will have to do.
Analyn 100 chapter 5 . 10/20/2003
You can't leave me hanging now! What will Frodo do when he discovers that they took some of his mother's things? And how will the Sackville-Bagginses react when they realize that Frodo does indeed know that they are the culprits! And how will they justify possession of things that Frodo would have no business giving them? Please update soon! I must know!
Analyn 100 chapter 4 . 10/20/2003
Nice twist with Lobelia taking the Ring - though I daresay I should have expected it. And Otho's reaction to Frodo's enterance, that was classic! But I still don't see how Frodo didn't see either of them! After all, wasn't Otho right in front of the candle light at one point?
Analyn 100 chapter 2 . 10/19/2003
I can't believe Lobelia actually kissed Frodo's hand! Poor Frodo. I wonder how long it will take him to figure out the culprit once he's robbed. And what exactly will they take? Well, on to the next chapter!
Henna Gamgee chapter 5 . 4/30/2003
Well, this is a nice thing to come home to! I went away for a week and came home to find that FIVE of my favourite stories had been updated in my absence. Woo hoo! *cackles in anticipation*

I must say, you are quite the modest one: "you can actually write, which is not something I can claim to do unfortunately" I find that very hard to believe when you keep posting all this evidence to the contrary! ;) And hey, thanks for reading "the Making of a Ringbearer"! I actually have big plans for Lobelia and family coming up in a few years of fic-time. I don't know if I'll actually end up doing it though; it would involve so much tormenting of Frodo, I feel embarrassed to even contemplate it. Heh. But we'll see!

OK, enough pointless rambling. Good chapter! Once again, your Sackville-Baggins descriptions are PRICELESS! I kept cackling and rubbing my hands together gleefully when I read the parts about them. And I noticed that Shirebound agrees with me on your status as a master of the S.-B. genre. So I'm hereby appointing you to the position of E.M.S.E.G.S.S.B.G. (Exalted Master of the Sneaky, Evil, and Generally Slimy Sackville-Baggins Genre).

"“I did perfectly, I believe.” Merry contradicted. “I watched him drink every drop of that ale and the headache he will have in the morning will be lesson enough, even if it is a little late.” " LOL! Merry is awesome. Poor Frodo, wandering around all confused and injured. You build up the anticipation nicely. I can't wait to see what happens when Frodo's friends finally catch up with him! Update soon, please!

Hmm, this was a long review, eh? I guess that's what happens when I'm deprived of reviewing anything for a whole week. I get overcome by excessive verbosity. Oh well. ;)
Bookworm2000 chapter 5 . 4/24/2003
Like this chapter as much as the last one? Are you kidding? I like this chapter more than the last!

Erm... what's a big black mother? I've never heard that. Is it like a black widow spider? And I don't know how I became afraid. I'm just creeped out by that creepy scuttling walk, and it feels like there are spiders crawling up and down my spine whenever I see one. Ech- I'm shivering now at the thought.

I was waiting for Lobelia to put on the Ring! OOh, now I really want Otho's reaction! And the hobbits when they saw Frodo with the blood going down his face! I bet that shocked 'em a bit.

I'm going down to Washington DC for a week! Hmm- should I demand an update on return?
Carol chapter 5 . 4/23/2003
So Cool!

Pls keep going!

Thanks

Carol
A Elbereth chapter 5 . 4/22/2003
Not good? Not good! Very good!

You must be delirious, dear, because this was excellent! I am squeeing like a mad little thing to no end! I am even more happy you are one of us united Frodohealers! I am loving the angst and drinking it up like water in a desert.

I am really sad that it ends where it did. I want to see what Frodo says to Sam and where Frodo is going. This is going to be awesome. I love this, hun!