Reviews for People and Other Skills
A Mistake chapter 1 . 4/19
That. Was. Awesome.

There's Rock, and the Lagoon crew. There's that seedy, gritty feel that is Roanapur, the blood and gore, and how for all the veneer of civilisation that Rock still clutches like a lifeline to his identity, _family_ is something that goes even deeper than that. It is in the beat of his heart, the rush of his blood circulating inside, and for all the salaryman smiles that he has, nobody messes with Rock's family. The most beautiful thing about it is about how primal everything was, and issue of survival, of basic instincts and pack defence that moved him, regardless of how he _knew_ he was outclassed in a straight fight.

But like they say, if you're not cheating, then you're not trying hard enough.

It's great that you took into account about how Rock is certainly not a marksman at any rate, or how he's certainly not one with any considerable martial arts skill. But he's always been good at observing, at taking a stock of the situation and see what's could be used from it. And he played that to the hilt here.

It was great to see him cross that final psychological barrier, from being an in-betweener of Roanapur to an actual citizen of it. Bravo.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 1 . 3/21
It worked and made a lot of sense from just the little bit that I know of Black Lagoon. you REALLY sold it well, of course using the bat would be the thing... seriously, you did awesome right here.
LOVE him just going awol because enough was ENOUGH, sure threaten him, and go awol on HIM and all whatever, but arose his anger and well... YEESH.
still you told enough information to gain SOME back ground into the character here.

again good job. very good job, the but monkey strikes back!
gandalf chapter 1 . 3/1
Regarding that Evangelion/Lovecraft crossover. Did you know there's a T-shirt?
JenEvan chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Liked how this is just so .. Rock. Like he's telling it now. And liked the use of baseball here :)
lost egos chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I liked it however the ending was weak felt like it should be shorter (end after the you line) or longer the ending as is doesn't close I honestly think it was the wedding band its an unexplained extremity.
Himuradono chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Good stuff, kept me reading until I was done. It works well as a one-shot.
ThePhenakism chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Awesome story!
Yikari chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I'd say this was a nice little one-shot. If it were a longer story, some kind of other characters' POV or a rumored account of the event would be in order, IMHO. Still a very fine shortie as it is.

Thank you.
unkeptsecret chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Easily the best thing that I've read in the archive in quite some time. Good job, you. The black humor is choice. If I'm going to be Ms. Critique, I'd admonish you for the adverbs; they don't jive with the cut-hard style.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
This was excellent. Im assuming you had no intentions of continuing this but I would love to read more. I am a huge fan of black lagoon and its hard to cipher through the drama and all lemon fantasies to find a balanced realistic story such as yours. Please keep up the good work.
The Real Raphael De La Ghetto chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I think you captured his character better than just about any other story about Rock. A lot more believable than some story's were Rock just decides out of nowhere to get a couple of berretta's, throw away all his self imposed morals on whim, and start painting walls with brain matter. So long story short, you have given me thirty minutes of enjoyable literature. Much Appreciated.
Starkaster chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
This. Awesome! Thanks for writing!
Tephy42 chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I really liked this story. I feel like it stays true to Rock's character. I always thought that baseball would be the way for him to fight back. The image of him in the batting cage and using the bowling pin in Tokyo fall right in line. And of course the reason for him to fight is for Revy. I love the subtle gold band, but I also wouldn't mind a bit of fluff! Anyway, great job! I hope to read more from you soon!
Stemp chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Nice, good stuff. Believable action and more importantly believable thought processes. Rock doesn't just suddenly get up and start kicking ass, we're eased into it. Only thing I didn't necessarily like, the ending where he gears up like some total bad ass. By focussing on his equipment in 1 information-heavy sentence, it kind of feels like you're gushing. From the story I can believe that Rock can be awesome when push comes to shove, but in the end he's suddenly way too 'cool'. On the other hand, that's only, like, my opinion man. Still enjoyed the story.
shadowofvalor chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
you said in the note at the end that you wanted people with no back story knowledge to fallow it then you succeeded quite well