Reviews for People and Other Skills
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 1 . 3/21
It worked and made a lot of sense from just the little bit that I know of Black Lagoon. you REALLY sold it well, of course using the bat would be the thing... seriously, you did awesome right here.
LOVE him just going awol because enough was ENOUGH, sure threaten him, and go awol on HIM and all whatever, but arose his anger and well... YEESH.
still you told enough information to gain SOME back ground into the character here.

again good job. very good job, the but monkey strikes back!
gandalf chapter 1 . 3/1
Regarding that Evangelion/Lovecraft crossover. Did you know there's a T-shirt?
JenEvan chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Liked how this is just so .. Rock. Like he's telling it now. And liked the use of baseball here :)
lost egos chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I liked it however the ending was weak felt like it should be shorter (end after the you line) or longer the ending as is doesn't close I honestly think it was the wedding band its an unexplained extremity.
Himuradono chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Good stuff, kept me reading until I was done. It works well as a one-shot.
ThePhenakism chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Awesome story!
Yikari chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I'd say this was a nice little one-shot. If it were a longer story, some kind of other characters' POV or a rumored account of the event would be in order, IMHO. Still a very fine shortie as it is.

Thank you.
unkeptsecret chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Easily the best thing that I've read in the archive in quite some time. Good job, you. The black humor is choice. If I'm going to be Ms. Critique, I'd admonish you for the adverbs; they don't jive with the cut-hard style.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
This was excellent. Im assuming you had no intentions of continuing this but I would love to read more. I am a huge fan of black lagoon and its hard to cipher through the drama and all lemon fantasies to find a balanced realistic story such as yours. Please keep up the good work.
The Real Raphael De La Ghetto chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I think you captured his character better than just about any other story about Rock. A lot more believable than some story's were Rock just decides out of nowhere to get a couple of berretta's, throw away all his self imposed morals on whim, and start painting walls with brain matter. So long story short, you have given me thirty minutes of enjoyable literature. Much Appreciated.
Starkaster chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
This. Awesome! Thanks for writing!
Tephy42 chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I really liked this story. I feel like it stays true to Rock's character. I always thought that baseball would be the way for him to fight back. The image of him in the batting cage and using the bowling pin in Tokyo fall right in line. And of course the reason for him to fight is for Revy. I love the subtle gold band, but I also wouldn't mind a bit of fluff! Anyway, great job! I hope to read more from you soon!
Stemp chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Nice, good stuff. Believable action and more importantly believable thought processes. Rock doesn't just suddenly get up and start kicking ass, we're eased into it. Only thing I didn't necessarily like, the ending where he gears up like some total bad ass. By focussing on his equipment in 1 information-heavy sentence, it kind of feels like you're gushing. From the story I can believe that Rock can be awesome when push comes to shove, but in the end he's suddenly way too 'cool'. On the other hand, that's only, like, my opinion man. Still enjoyed the story.
shadowofvalor chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
you said in the note at the end that you wanted people with no back story knowledge to fallow it then you succeeded quite well
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
That is what happens if if you push rock so far and threaten to rape revy, it always the nice one's that have an unspeakable, silent, but scrary rage towards people that threaten their friends or family. Rock is a clear example of that in this story. He showed no mercy. I like it