Reviews for People and Other Skills
keijipeiji chapter 1 . 5/24
I've found some really awesome Black Lagoon fanfics (still searching), and this is the best fanfic I've found so far! /feels so lucky

I remembered somewhere in The Red Wild Card arc when Revy questioned Rock if he's either Rokuro Okajima, the Japanese, or Rock, the villain. And if he has to be Rock, the villain, then this fanfic makes all sense of why should he be one, instead of lingering in the twilight. I love how you made the transition of Rock's behaviour in a way that doesn't make his badassery emerge out of nowhere, and kudos for the part when he used the wooden bat as a means to escape himself, and Revy. That part shows one of his character quality as the brain and intelligent strategist!
moon so bright chapter 1 . 2/5
Nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
Solid work
Gremlin Jack chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
This was all kinds of awesome, and I believable thing to happen in the Black lagoon verse. I loved it, great job.
Midnights-AM-Child chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
This story was amazing. Rock losing it is always good to read.
Igornerd chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Didn't expect to see Rock saving himself in such a bloody manner.
Probably because in the series he is always the damsel in distress.
The fight scene was quick, gritty and realistic. The goons were not really bright, they had it coming.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
That, is scary impressive:)
A Mistake chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
That. Was. Awesome.

There's Rock, and the Lagoon crew. There's that seedy, gritty feel that is Roanapur, the blood and gore, and how for all the veneer of civilisation that Rock still clutches like a lifeline to his identity, _family_ is something that goes even deeper than that. It is in the beat of his heart, the rush of his blood circulating inside, and for all the salaryman smiles that he has, nobody messes with Rock's family. The most beautiful thing about it is about how primal everything was, and issue of survival, of basic instincts and pack defence that moved him, regardless of how he _knew_ he was outclassed in a straight fight.

But like they say, if you're not cheating, then you're not trying hard enough.

It's great that you took into account about how Rock is certainly not a marksman at any rate, or how he's certainly not one with any considerable martial arts skill. But he's always been good at observing, at taking a stock of the situation and see what's could be used from it. And he played that to the hilt here.

It was great to see him cross that final psychological barrier, from being an in-betweener of Roanapur to an actual citizen of it. Bravo.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
It worked and made a lot of sense from just the little bit that I know of Black Lagoon. you REALLY sold it well, of course using the bat would be the thing... seriously, you did awesome right here.
LOVE him just going awol because enough was ENOUGH, sure threaten him, and go awol on HIM and all whatever, but arose his anger and well... YEESH.
still you told enough information to gain SOME back ground into the character here.

again good job. very good job, the but monkey strikes back!
gandalf chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Regarding that Evangelion/Lovecraft crossover. Did you know there's a T-shirt?
JenEvan chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Liked how this is just so .. Rock. Like he's telling it now. And liked the use of baseball here :)
lost egos chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I liked it however the ending was weak felt like it should be shorter (end after the you line) or longer the ending as is doesn't close I honestly think it was the wedding band its an unexplained extremity.
Himuradono chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Good stuff, kept me reading until I was done. It works well as a one-shot.
ThePhenakism chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Awesome story!
Yikari chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I'd say this was a nice little one-shot. If it were a longer story, some kind of other characters' POV or a rumored account of the event would be in order, IMHO. Still a very fine shortie as it is.

Thank you.