Reviews for Lines in the Sand
Tiny1217 chapter 1 . 4/19
I like this interesting approach to a story about Dietrich.

Glad to see correct punctuation and grammar used!
Maria Albert chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Superb grasp of the characters, flawlessly accurate dialogue, wonderful plot. All three of your Rat Patrol stories are simply phenomenal. My favorite line, and not because it is incredibly akin to something I wrote in a story of my own, in a similar situation: "I may have implied this expedition had a greater degree of authorisation than is actually the case," he admitted. Priceless!
holmeskeryn0 chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
this is a story that I wish I had written. Bravo!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
I suppose there are many stories out there where Dietrich finally sees the light and leaves the Nazi regime behind, but it's hard to imagine one that explores so thoroughly and believably the internal turmoil that causes Dietrich to come to that conclusion as this extremely well-crafted tale.

Troy, despite being the center of the story, is in no condition to give his point of view, so we see the entire situation through Dietrich's eyes, and his thoughts are exactly how I might imagine Dietrich would express himself. Not that Troy is entirely silent, though; I loved this exchange which seems to perfectly depict the differences between the two men:

Dietrich hunched lower over the wheel. "I may have implied this expedition had a greater degree of authorisation than is actually the case," he admitted.

Troy's eyebrows shot up as Dietrich glanced back at him. "You're busting me out of here?" he said.

A welcome and very deft touch of humor in an extremely serious situation!

All in all, an exceptional story and a terrific addition to the Rat Patrol archive. Looking forward to your next story!
Kitkat132 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I enjoyed your story, & so good to see a new RP story, especially one with my favorite character, Captain Dietrich. But, I'm hoping that the base he came from was air raided or something, & the info about him springing Troy never got any where. In other words, would be great to see a sequel! Jen C (couldn't log in as I don't rem my pw)
prislynn chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I love this story. This should have made the tv show it is so good.
HairyBallofFur chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Excellent writing and realistic depictions made it really easy to picture the story in my "minds eye". It is always great to see a new "Rat Patrol" story posted and I hope that you will continue to contribute with your excellent writing skills and story telling!

Thank you for your contribution...good job!