Reviews for Behind
Layla-V chapter 1 . 10/14
This was very well done, and has so much potential. All that crackling energy between them. That's what made me a C/P fan back in the day. Thank you for sharing this with us. Love the angst!
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 1 . 4/29
I usually find it annoying when fan-fics have characters using nicknames they never did on the show, like "Chief;" but I can totally believe it's what Tom calls Chakotay in secret, while they're having sex. :D They are SO ex boyfriends. Fabulous work my friend.
TwinOfDoom chapter 1 . 3/28
Very good story. The exchange between Tom and Chakotay is really hot.
Brenda Shaffer-Shiring chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Wow. This is INTENSE. And gripping and riveting and lots of other powerful adjectives. I couldn't stop reading, start to finish. Your Tom and Chakotay are vivid and memorable.
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
I read this yesterday and on the first read I wasn't sure what to make of it. Style-wise, it is undoubtedly excellent. Flawless. The problem I had, was that I'd just read a fairly long and very TP-centric fic from another writer and I had the TP of that one still in my head as well as my own "head canon".
So, I came back to this today and read it again. It is a very interesting take on the C and P dynamic. I've never read those two characters portrayed in this way before. So much going on in the subtext. And I liked the simple things such as "Seska keeps turning on the charm" and "so clich├ęd, just like the Maquis" that were interspersed with the many, more complex lines. I do love a title with several interpretations. So, whilst this might not all fit my personal vision of what went down before "Caretaker", it is a heck of a great story and I'll have to read it yet again.
Juddysbuddy chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Really great! I can't really see Tom giving up Chakotay's name but when he realized that they had drugged him, I could see how his father might have manipulated him into it. His low self-esteem was evident in his certainty that he would fail everyone again. I liked the discussions about their names - "chief", "Paris", "Tom" or his father's "Thomas". All the things Tom could have said and he says, "Call me Tom?" and Chakotay's "We'll see." Thanks for writing!
Missyhissy chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
This is great. You're still my favourite Voyager fanfiction writer by a mile. Please keep posting your stories. I love the way you do Chakotay. X
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Oh, how I wish the writers had given us the Chakotay you did. The series would have been the better for it. I don't, in my on head canon, see Tom giving up the information about him; it is not in his character, I think. He would never have gone to Auckland had he done so. But it - and the relationship you posit - sure makes for an intriguing premise.

Beautifully written, as always. But within all the personal angst and emotion, the one line that stuck with me (political cynic and selfish cad that I am) is this: "Starfleet couldn't have known." But they did. They most surely did...