Reviews for The Fifth Kind of Love
Mystery Master chapter 30 . 11/25/2017
Sorry for the typos in my reviews, I typed them on my phone (mine is still only 4-4.5" diagonal screen size). Anyways, Mystery Master signing out. (P.S. I loved your references and allusions, though Lind apparently ruined each series comically and drastically!).
Mystery Master chapter 30 . 11/25/2017
Great Fan-fiction. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, though the grief could have been a bit bigger for Keiichi (he seems to be moving on a little fast). I genuinely enjoyed your wonderful stream-of-consciousness 1st-person narration from Lind's perspective and how well you portrayed her and filled in the gaps of the past not answered by the manga and/or anime. I could tell that you poured your blood, sweat, and tears or heart and soul into the story and appreciate everything that you have done both in the story and outside. I wish you luck ond good fortune in your future endeavors and will enthusiastically continue to read the sequel to this astounding story. Thank you for everything.
Mystery Master chapter 24 . 11/25/2017
Well, your personal philosophy is interesting at the very least. You should be careful throwing around big generalizations, though. Throughout history, athiesm has been associated with many grim and negative people and I firmly disapprove of those who seek to influence others' beliefs. I myself am unsure just what to believe, but several different ideologies appeal to me: dualism, deism, humanism, and perhaps Taoism. Atheism is not always filled with people who dispute things soley because of their religious beliefs (though I know some who do) and I refuse to accept such a closed-minded mentality from anyone (there are theists who feel the same way towards others of different religions and atheists). Current science leans overwhelmingly in favor of some sort of diety(ies) creating and maintaining the universe: your cited scientific evidence and the "Big Bang Theorysomething that seems to be a replacement for "let there be light..." etc.). I find issues with both versions and put "God(sor "The Big Bang" in this statement: Ifcreated the universe, who created _? I believe that the true origin of the universe cannot be known for certain until death, and even then, everyone should be allowed to believe what they want and not push it on others. At the moment, one may consider me agnostic, but I am becoming increasingly disillusioned by the hypocrisy of some Christians who preach of forgiving sin but discriminate against others, every side in this scenario is fault, but not every person. Athiesm has been inexplicably linked with closed-minded fools, an unfair assessment given that not everyone is like that, in fact, many major religions include some or totally atheistic beliefs: Taoism, some sects of Buddhism, naturalistic religions, and numerous smaller ones. Atheism has gotten a bad connotation mainly because of many monotheistic religions declaring it sinful and the association with several dictators and communism/socialism. To those who cite this as a reason against atheism, I beg you to reconsider. After all, religion can also be connected to innumerable problems in the past: the Crusades, mass forced conversions, terrorism, holy wars, and many others. I guess what I am trying to say is to simply take religion and gwneralizations with a grain of salt and an open mind. Sure your explanations make sense, but if the universe is as almost infinite as we believe, who is to say thay the near zero probabilites of phenomena such as "UDFs" combined with the near infinite expanse of the univese (near infinite chances for something to happen) would result in a finite number of occurrences spread randomly throughout the Universe. I believe that most religions serve three purposes: 1) To enforce morals and regulate behavior, 2) To explain how he came to be, and 3) To explain what happens after we die. I am not saying that those are bad reasons per se, rather that religion is intrinsically related to the philosophies of life and death. Atheism and theism are merely two classes of these. Humanism (atheistic) and Christianity (theistic) both appear to instill positive morals in people, but for different reasons and with different methods. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but if what you are saying about a creator is true... I have some questions: Why is the God a "Him" instead of a "Her" or an "It?" If they created the universe, who created them? If they created everything, are we a part of them, do we really have free will? If they do exist, why is it not possible to explicitly prove it? These are my own queries and should not be taken to heart, but rather to ponder and think about to expand oneself. I really enjoy your work and beliefs, I just wanted to share my own opinion and show you just how engaged your work makes me and my thoughts. Thank you for your words, I hope to read many more. Keep your mind open and be flexible to other ideas. That will take you a long way in life. We may never know how we got here, but we can explore the present and shape the future and future understanding. Peace.
vegarosa69 chapter 30 . 5/3/2017
This story was so interesting. I really like Lind and I wish she and Keiichi got more time together since they both got pretty lonely lives before Keiichi met Bell. I also liked the first person narration of this story. It was well executed in my opinion without sounding like self insert. I really like this fanfic, well done.
Mystery Master chapter 2 . 6/30/2016
So... that was very interesting. I am confused as to the multiple crossovers and events that have occurred. Do you like Star Trek, Star Wars, and or Starship Operators? To answer some of Lind's questions; because it is more interesting to watch on TV or at the movies. It is like the old days of naval warfare, longer more drawn-out combat, glorious deaths, and being able to see the enemy/ordnance being used is important to the enemy. As for the one shot kills, shields. Being impossibly far apart and not able to be seen may be more practical (like strategic missile strikes) and modern, but can also be viewed as cowardly and secretive.
HuuskerDu chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
Don't worry, Belldandy is still very much alive, and emphatically so. I did it because in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Dougas Adams destroyed the entire Earth in the first chapter, so I decided to pull the same stunt here just for fun. Basically, I needed both Belldandy and Urd out of the way (for now) to set up Lind, who is the perfect straight-woman for a comedy.

Just remember that in SF/fantasy nobody ever stays dead. Mild spoiler: You'll need to read the sequel, After Ragnarok, to get to the final happy ending.
Radon088 chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Dude... That's gotta be the worst intro to a fic I've ever seen.

Hullo Guess what the leading lady just died in her lovers arms huge speil about myself very short explanation of that whole death thing.

Umm what? I'm confused. Go back to the beginning and explain very slowly WTF your talking about.
smashman42 chapter 28 . 10/31/2014
Well, my guess was way off. No matter, I really enjoyed where this went. Looking forward to reading the sequel now.

I was concerned about how Tyr survived if he was Hild's doublet and she'd bonded into Urd with her body dead, given Welsper died from Belldandy's bonding. Then I thought about how Hild was still totally intact inside Urd, whereas Belldandy was more a fragment, is that why Welsper died as he got the same mental injury as Belldandy and couldn't cope? Or was it as simple as Belldandy, Hild, and Tyr were all something higher that didn't have the same limits as Welsper did?
smashman42 chapter 22 . 10/31/2014
Hrm, her explanation of time stopping when a valkyrie dies... Did she really take the hit at the start of the story? The forced dreams a couple of chapters back make me think of this possibility as well, the whole fic is a dream sequence in Lind's head.

I dunno, I'm an unedumacated idjut just guessing and putting it here on the off chance I'm right. No doubt I've missed the point totally.
Skeevers chapter 29 . 2/14/2014
This story is really good. The first part is funny, the second is romantic, the third is sad. I made the mistake of reading the sequel (After Ragnarok) before this story. READ THIS STORY FIRST. Otherwise you will spoil lots of neat surprises.
HuuskerDu chapter 29 . 2/4/2014
Thank you for the review. OMG is a long runner, now going on 26 years and 300 chapters, and consequently the story has gotten *much* bigger, far more dramatic, and yes at times much darker, than those innocent slice-of-life stories inside the Tariki Hongan temple 20 years ago. In the manga the angel-eater monster was a Lovecraftian horror with vaginal dentata (toned way down in the OVA) where Urd, Peorth, and Belldandy basically suffer a form of physical rape, then Celestine mind-rapes Belldandy to try to wipe out humanity, then the Lord of Terror almost nukes the whole universe, and then in the Hagall arc Belldandy loses it and nearly kills Eihwiz and punches out Thrymr. The domestic home life of the temple is long since gone (we haven't seen the temple in the manga since 2009). Then we hit the Judgement Gate and the uber depressing story of the Lake Goddess.

FKOL and AR are a single story, with the ending of FKOL kinda like The Empire Strikes Back, so yeah it's bittersweet. Belldandy and Lind are both very much alive and active, just somewhere else. See AR Ch19 for how Belldandy arranged K's protection in FKOL Ch1. (She has a Valkyrie combat lic just like Lind.) And if you think FKOL is dark (an honestly it's not, just bittersweet) then hoo boy you're gonna really love Haloes and Keiichi's Faith.

I like happy endings too, which is why the AR ending will be as joyful and uplifting as I can make it. Remember, FKOLAR is a single story. Thanks again for your review.
acefalcons chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Your writing skills are well done, but as a fan of AMG(all versions) I have to say that your storyline direction was grim and sad. I don't like seeing Belldandy die in your version since I know that Lind is faster at reaction for how she's built as a combat valkerie angel. And Belldandy's first and top priority is protecting Keiichi. I enjoyed your writing styles and it's easy to read, but AMG is about "humor and romance" first and foremost. You took AMG(ova) to the dark shadowy abyss of despair like turning a fun anime sitcom into a "Twilight/Last series of HarryPotter" style. It's too grim and gothic for me. Your dialogues style is amusing, but for Belldandy to sacrifice herself would be same as putting Keiichi at risk because his life was at 'risk' without her to watch over him since she's responsible for all the 'dangers' he has experienced since she came into his life the 2nd time, if not the 1st.
Bottom line of my reviews for this is:
I enjoyed your writing styles very much, but I didn't much care for the dark and grim, sad "wipe-out" of everything and everybody in AMG storyline direction you took.
4fireking chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Looks like Lind has his own messed up adventure. I think you're a cool author. 4fireking. I have a profile. Please read one of my stories.
Darkened Void chapter 28 . 11/11/2013
This was a great story. I deserves so many more reviews than it received. Sadly, AMG is not that large of a community on this site. I can't wait to read your sequel!
PropertyofLamb chapter 29 . 9/25/2013
I wasn't expecting this... and it had been so long since any of your stuff showed up, I was getting worried! But this has put a smile on my face! Now, I'm not sure what your planning for this crossover thing but I'm looking forward to it (even if I've never seen/read the other thing) and will keep a sharp watch for it!
From the Mad Mancunian, over and out!