Reviews for Book of Black Pride
Haradion chapter 19 . 1/30/2014
Hmm... Hassani is working to bring peace... But by his methods, his is actually unifying the Prides against him. It may be that whatever the result of this war, a new and brighter world will be born of it...

Of course that is me being optimistic...

Nice chapter!

And Happy Chinese New Year!
Bookworm Gal chapter 19 . 1/29/2014
Love the part at the beginning with the meerkats. Absolutely wonderful. And the rest of the chapter was equally good. Keep it up.
TRON0602 chapter 19 . 1/29/2014
Wow! This chapter was so good I can't even express my feelings in a review
Haradion chapter 18 . 1/28/2014
You know, I think its about time I reviewed this:
I found your series the other day - and I have to say that I have been enjoying it so far. I like the motivations and dynamics of Jau and Hassani, both of who are complicated characters beyond your normal "Black and White" Good Vs Evil. It makes me wonder if one or more of the four remaining Prides could be convinced to change sides, given the right circumstances. The Location of Killanmjaro (Spelling?) seems ideal, and I think it would be a fitting location for a "Last Battle" style, ending, but given the fact that this is the third of five, then it seems unlikely.

The Prophecy I love, but I have had trouble keeping track of which Kings are paired with Which Shaman, and where the other three Kings and their Shaman are in it. Probably my fault, but it might be nice to see it on your profile?

I like the implied relationship between Jau and Hassani - unusual for me, and it normally makes me feel a little uncomfortable (Its just so 'out there' in terms of my experience, I have difficulty relating to it) but in this case, it really works with the characters, without being distracting or detrimental.

The History is interesting.

The ONly issue I have is ddifficulty imagining Pumbaa as a Shaman - it just seems so out of character - but thats an adjustment issue for me.

I recommend that you avoid taking large periods of time away. The Longer you leave it, the harder it is to get back into it. I suggest pacing yourself. Plot out Each chapter of the remaining two books on a Word Doc, or Excell spreadsheet, and pace yourself to finish one chapter a week, normally, adjusting it depending on how busy you are. In my experience, it is a more effective way of managing time. My Five Part series is completely plotted - I know exactly how it will end as of this moment - and its far easier to manage my time because of it. I put away 2-3 hours every week, using "bochok" (But On Chair, Hands On Keyboard) and a huge mug of tea, and don't leave until I have the chapter finished. Then I take a short break, iron our the grammar/spelling and do a read through - then I upload.

Anyway - those are my thoughts.
TRON0602 chapter 18 . 1/21/2014
Oh boy! A half-year? Noooo! Great chapter!
Bookworm Gal chapter 18 . 1/21/2014
So some arguing among the felines and hyena attacking. I don't blame you for wanting to take a break after finishing this story, though. You deserve it. But until then, please keep up the great work.
Bookworm Gal chapter 17 . 1/1/2014
A very intriguing and enlightening chapter. I hope you'll have a great new year. Good luck.
TRON0602 chapter 17 . 12/31/2013
Oh no! Ahadi is ordered to kill Uru. Nooooo!
Starzinmieyez chapter 16 . 12/28/2013
Loved this chapter :)
Bookworm Gal chapter 16 . 12/22/2013
I'm glad our meerkats survived, but things can never be simple in your story. Keep up the great work.
almondbutter chapter 16 . 12/22/2013
It's awesome and merry Christmas to you too:D
TRON0602 chapter 16 . 12/21/2013
Hasani really convinced his followers the other kings were Tyrants huh? Some leader he is to convince so many. So Kianu is afraid of Tamina huh? Hahaha. Beware the Mighty Tammy!
Bookworm Gal chapter 15 . 12/12/2013
It's the Circle of Life. There's adorable meerkats running around. Then we get trouble striking. We have to know more soon. Good luck.
TRON0602 chapter 15 . 12/11/2013
Merry Christmas and great chapter my friend. The war has begun as Magneto said
Bookworm Gal chapter 14 . 12/2/2013
Very intriguing and entertaining. I'm rather happy with this chapter and eagerly await more once you get the chance. Good luck.
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »