Reviews for House of Lies
lisa chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
i love this fic i'm addicted to au involving irina hope you will write more like it soon
Jaclyn chapter 23 . 6/12/2004
Wow. I'm always captivated by AUs, and this was no exception. I loved that the characters were recognizable in their traits and motivations, even though the framework of their world was completely different. Great job! :)
Jackfan chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
Just read this (a Krisnreine rec from SD-1). Absolutely adored the reconstruction of the storyline. Jack's angst, Irina's guilt, Sydney's being torn between thet two of them. And all the time maintaining a semblance of normality. Particular bits I loved - Jack and Irina's worry when Syd was on a mission; there joint efforts to protect her; Syd's friends; her relationship with Jack; Jack's relationship with Vaughn; Sloane's possessiveness. Brava.
Cristabel chapter 23 . 9/3/2003
Wow. I just sat here and read all of this. That was awesome. I never would have thought of that, but it was absolutely brilliant. It fits in so well with what we already know about the characters and the arc of Season One and the way Season Two began. Loved it. Can't praise you enough.
Beak chapter 23 . 12/30/2002
This was a great story, I loved it. As Laura was alive it was a differentstory all together but with the same sub plots. Please do a sequel.
cookiemonster12 chapter 23 . 10/11/2002
Absolutely brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it and am waiting for your next story.
D chapter 23 . 9/29/2002
That can NOT be the end. Don't do that to me.
D chapter 23 . 9/29/2002
That can NOT be the end. Don't do that to me.
nanda chapter 23 . 9/24/2002
::happy sigh:: I am so glad I finally got to read this. Definitely one f the best, most coherent AUs I've ever read. Thanks Robin!
Guest chapter 23 . 9/21/2002
Whoa, I finally finished reading that! Excellent story! You closed with "The end of the story for now . . ." Do I sense a sequel? I hope so, great job!
laras-dice chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
I know I've said it before, but it needs to be said, like, over and over. I love epic fic, I love to see an author really dig in and write big plot, and you did it oh so well with this piece. The meticulous way you've created this alternate universe, the obvious care you put into the characterization, recreating the dialogue, making everything fit your twist. And the twist was just so amazing, such a great idea. Spy Mommy still around and mommying, Jack and Vaughn as friends. This is the kind of story you can just sit down and get lost in, so thank you for the time you've put into it. Wonderful job!

-Lara
Mai1 chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
Oh, I know I've told you this before, but I'm here, trying to catch up on my back-log of fiction and just has to stop and look at this one again. Sigh... It's sooooo good. :)
The Madhatter chapter 23 . 9/6/2002
First off let me say, HOLY COW! YOU'RE FREAKIING AMAZING! That was most definitely one of the best fics that I have ever read in my entire lifetime! Incredibly long but I LOVED it. It was worth it. When I reached the end, I didn't want to stop. It's so addicting. I love how you wrote Jack as a great, loving father and Laura as the role she played in the series and Jack's role. Man, have you got incredible talent. Seriously, that was awesome, amazing, great, wonderful. There are no words that can match it. The ones I just named were nothing compared to what I felt. Man, that was awesome! I love this plot line that you have going. I mean it's so intricate and... true to the show. I mean I could see it happening.

BUT YOU MUST CONTINUE THIS SOON! YOU HEAR? OR I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND MAKE YOU WRITE MORE! lol... j/k. I love this so incredibly much right now. I'm still in shock of how this all turned out. Wow...

The Madhatter

Did I just write all of that? Jeez...
jen chapter 23 . 9/4/2002
Good read, hard to stop until I'd finished. Intriguing twist of the story...Where does it go from here?
SpyLover chapter 23 . 9/4/2002
This story was incredible! Icyfire has unraveled the elements of the story we've seen on Alias and rewoven them skillfully, creating an AU where Laura/Irina has been a part of the equation all along, where Jack has been Vaughn's mentor, and where Sydney is the only double agent in both the CIA and SD-6. I'd love to see more of this story or a sequel.