Reviews for Staring into the Abyss- An Oral History of the Kaiju War
causey.trey chapter 5 . 1/6
The fifth charter so emotional
dungotzum chapter 4 . 10/27/2013
I don't usually write reviews but I was really impressed with the writing by this author. The story is engaging and the characters believable. I am really enjoying this story and can't wait for more. It's written better than some of the science fiction books I have read. Thanks for sharing your gift.
The Celtic Kid chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
Fantastic.
The Winged Pyro That Drowned chapter 5 . 10/5/2013
Thats why you cant trust the military for anything. You can trust most of them, but those at the very top, those that order shit like this...
I say we fire on them.

I hope that Doctor Anderson burns in hell.
UntoTheBreach chapter 6 . 9/2/2013
My god, this reminds me so much of the Battle of Yonkers. A huge technological war machine ready to pound the threat into the ground, using the latest and greatest weapons, only to be torn apart as bad decisions, ineffective weapons, and determined monsters annihilated us. Now it was time for combat to take a massive overhaul.

But that's what you were going for, wasn't it? :)
Dorkzilla chapter 6 . 9/1/2013
Alright, I was wondering what the "Yonkers" of this story would be! I gotta say, you made everything just right in this chapter: the pacing, the tone, the feeling of utter helplessness without having to literally say it was hopeless. 10/10 chapter, I say!
necro-wulf chapter 6 . 9/1/2013
I had wondered about why the Jaegers were never optimized for submarine combat, but this showed why that would be problematic, if not suicidal, at least without serious engineering and probably an AI to handle the aquatic aspects. It also illiterates well why they would build a cripplingly impractical giant robot.

I guess you need a ridiculous solution to a ridiculous problem.
Neodammarung the Destroyer chapter 6 . 9/1/2013
Oo-rah. I love this story. Very good blending of the World War Z style oral history and the Pacific Rim universe!
Anon chapter 5 . 8/22/2013
Great job so far. Chapter 5 was a standout. Really gives the reader a sense of the desperation, panic, and poor planning in an emergency situation with insufficient information.
Ckrisz chapter 5 . 8/15/2013
Really well done! Very depressing but I could definitely see it happen in a situation with low information, extreme fear, and a government with fear of its own population built into it. Cannot wait for the next chapter.
necro-wulf chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Very visceral. Good Job, You've recreated the style o WWZ with great skill and accuracy.
BrutusSilentium chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
This story is good, no, its great. Keep it going, you've got something good here.
Garfield71 chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
Wow! This is really intense!

I hope you continue to update with more gripping, heartbreaking tales from the Kaiju war.
Evelsaint93 chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
That is so sad...
zagor03 chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
I like your idea writing this story in same maner as Max Brooks did with WWZ, keep with good work.!