Reviews for Stillness
Procrastinating.genius chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
This was awesome, great work!
qaroinlove chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Oh my God! Really I cried in this part, when Kirk died I told myself he can't! ... I love the way you write , so, I'd like to tell you more about your amazing fic, but I can't, my language is limited. A last thing, you have a fan with me! Have a great weekend!
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Could you do a story of how Kirk felt when Bones was dying in the Epath {sp}
Beawolf's Pen chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
I really like this one. It shows Bones' view to Kirk's death. I've seen so many stories that are centered around Kirk and Spock but very few with Bones. He was just as devastated as Spock when they brought in Kirk. Great job on this story.
TheWordThief chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Incredible, as usual. I love the Bones and Jim relationship and that scene in particular was so poignant in ST:ID and you have truly done it justice.
foxeeflame chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Loved it, well done!
Please write a long fic such as Jim's. Trip back to conciousness but with a twist such as that he does not awke unscathed. He could be blind or deaf from side effects of medication. And then his long trip back to the real world and the road ahead.
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
I love bones, you did a fantastic job!
DLB48 chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Truffles, as always, your writing here and in Pauciloquent is elegant. I really really like STID, but stop short of saying that I love it because I feel a little cheated by the lack of emotional depth. The interaction between the big three is one of the things I most enjoy about TOS and while the movie hinted at some, I think it missed some big opportunities. That's when fan fics like this help because they take up the slack and fill in some of the missing pieces.

I hope that the next movie (and there had better be one!) is more character driven. In the meantime, I particularly like stories that explore the character and inter-character development (if there is such a word). Maybe something that takes place in the year between Kirk's death and the relaunch of the Enterprise? Kirk, Spock and McCoy go camping ala STV? Okay, silly idea...!
thechamelioncircuit chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
I applaud you. This was so beautifully written that I cried. Could you possibly write another part to this? About how happy Bones is when Kirk, no Jim is okay?
HappytheExceed chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I love STID. It's already the best movie in my book together with the first movie. I know because most of the time, I'll forget the plot of the movie after some time but not Star Trek. STID rekindled my love for it.
I will love to know Bones' thought when he was told what happened to Jim but was not able to see him for the last time. They were close since their academy days after all. I like what you had written. That's so just like Bones. He will definitely do what he can to save Jim.
gymkidz2000 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Well done! You should do an arc with Bones and Spock using this as a jumping off point. Playing off the idea using the two weeks between Kirk being brough into med bay and when he wakes up but from Spock and Bones's perspective using the reasons you just illuded too.
stargazerdown chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Really fantastic.
Thanks for the feels, and the insight into Bones's mind...
Rynne Harrison chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
I really liked this. When I watched this part of the movie, I cried. I cried not only for Jim but for the relationships that he was supposed to have with his crew, especially with Bones and Spock. Very well done. I think you captured Bones great. Good job.
Diamondblue4 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
I have a lump in my throat...and a knot in my gut. You nailed Bones' emotions. You got the gut-wrenching shock and desperate desire to have this be a mistake - Jim? It can't be Jim. - just right. Excellent writing.
The intricate braid of Jim-Bones, Jim-Spock and Jim-Bones-Spock is like a shining golden rope. I will always maintain that true, deep friendships are more work and require more dedication and care than mainly sexual ones. So, kudos for not bringing that thread to the mix. And no wonder the recovery path stories you are sharing in Revival are so emotionally engaging.
Of course, Jim will always have a bit of blind spot as to his true value to all his friends and acquaintances. How absolutely irreplaceable he is. How deserving of the bonds of friendship.
I always felt that the time period between this scene and Jim waking in STID was fascinating and shouldn't have been glossed over. Some more screen time for Bones showing his incredibly competent physician skills, the feverish rush to treat Jim, to preserve him, was a lost opportunity. Thanks for providing a story that fills part of the hole.
Meew3 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013