Reviews for Senseless
TYRider chapter 5 . 10/7/2013
Beautiful. Sad. Fantastic writing.
Nahaliel chapter 5 . 9/1/2013
Neal without his eyesight... That would be horribly heart wrenching for both him and Peter. They have those moments of meaningful eye contact, that would be totally gone in this situation. Another beautifully written chapter. Got a little teary eyed at moments. Especially with June's little labels on everything. The way you used the darkness in this, as almost a living thing, was amazing. The last lines were especially vivid. Beautiful job!
kyamei chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
I'm kind of sad there will be no more, every part has left me wanting to read more. I really liked this one, really felt like you brought it all up a notched, really felt the despair and the pain and it was dark in every sense. Loved the parts in itallics, when he thinks contradictions, I thought that was so well done. It was senseless and yet it made sense. So nice what June did and so sad as well. I do imagine, though, that things get better out of the page, even thought they don't in your writing. I must congratulate you because after the first two installments I thought maybe they would all be very similar but they're not, they are similar in tone and type but each is unique, and the depression and impact of the loss of a sense is felt in different ways. I like them all but if I had to pick a favourite I think I'd go for the first one, taste. It was just so unique, something I'd never considered before, and the bitterness, in both senses, really showed. All five end powerful, but the line of the taste part is the one I like the most, "it was bitter". I like your writing. I look forwards to reading more from you.
kyamei chapter 4 . 8/24/2013
Just like the previous piece, it starts with the silent room, and ends with the silent room. When you mention the door at the end, it really embodies the whole story, of how he felt trapped, of what he didn't remember, and how everything is strange and different. I was really looking forwards to the deafness piece and this was really good.
kyamei chapter 3 . 8/24/2013
Hey! Been reading on my phone so reviewing was a little difficult. I'll catch up now.
Initially I thought you were going to do one in which he couldn't talk for some reason, because I wasn't sure how you were going to go about the sense of touch, but this was brilliant. Really felt the pain. I like it how you start with the book, you go back, and then end with the book. It has a greater impact. Loved the last line too. As I said before I think this is a really clever exercise you've done, and you can really go ahead and go deep while writing about sensory loss.
hellcas chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
You are one helluva writer! Your descriptions and ideas are genius! Thank you for these!
alli1 chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
Ahh- I knew this one was coming but I dreaded it. To have Neal, who lives and breathes art, lose his sight is too heartbreaking to contemplate. Your images were so vivid and real. The love/hate relationship with everything that is supposed to give him more independence and yet just reminds him of how dependent he is. I don't know how he will survive or if he will even want to. Devastating.
govgal chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
How horrendous. I can't even imagine how bad that would be for someone like Neal!
imafuckingusername.dealwithit chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
Dear Lord, you're a morbid fellow.
But I do love it.
You're story is heartbreakingly beautiful.
I love the imagery.

Thankyou,
-IMFU
ZeDancingHobbit chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
Oh, my. That was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. There are no words to describe the perfection of this. Neal whump is always glorious, and you have written this so poignantly. Absolutely perfect.
Nahaliel chapter 4 . 8/16/2013
So sad :( But as beautiful as ever! Your writing is so perfectly imaged and vivid... I feel like you've described very accurately how losing a sense can almost be like losing a limb. Neal is a complex character, and you show that perfectly. Amazing job!
Nahaliel chapter 3 . 8/16/2013
Beautifully written... You're doing a wonderful job with this; keep it up! I love the whole premise of this, and the way you present each situation and each sense is amazing. So creative!
BlueDiamondStar chapter 4 . 8/11/2013
Awesome pieces. Emotional and beautifully written.
govgal chapter 4 . 8/6/2013
How very sad. Especially for someone as vibrant as Neal.
HighOnAWindyHill chapter 4 . 8/6/2013
"It had a door. You could leave whatever you liked." Omg how utterly heart breaking.. but so true. Really creative writing. I always enjoy these because the plot is just so interesting and intriguing. Great job:D