Reviews for Green & Black: The Prisoner
Laylinka chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
I like this because I adore John Barrowman. I adore the contrast between the character of Malcolm and Captain Jack. He plays them both so well it makes them each more compelling. Like seeing him good makes me love seeing him bad even more. Being villainous becomes him. He's got the ice blue eyes. I hope to see him in more villainous roles in the future. There was hardly enough of him in Arrow. :( I enjoy the fact that he is capable of reason in your story. I don't think he was that sadistic or else I think it would've over-ridden his reason.

I wasn't aware of 'female in peril' exploitation 'categories. ; Sometimes characters that we like inspire us to write things we never thought we would, wonderful terrible things lol
Rat chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
eep. Wow, good writing.
CKFan37 chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Great chapter. Update soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
i'm glad you enjoyed it, and where can one find this dark joker revenge fic...? (hm, there seem to be quite a few...!)

since this isn't arrow au, but green & black au, merlyn's base personality is the one i built. he IS capable of changing his mind. felicity presented him with a reasonable alternative, so he was accepting of that. plus... you know, she was bawling. :X
she's still smart, even when she's panicking.

and of course you know his ulterior motive in letting felicity know who's to blame. ;)
J chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Yay. I love torture, though poor Felicity. I love that she negotiated her torture with Malcolm. I'm kind of desensitized to violence since reading a revenge of the joker fic that was so awesome and bloody. I loved this one. The best was the Valuable hostage, here. I also loved that Malcolm made sure that Felicity knew she hadn't done anything wrong. It was all Oliver and/or Diggle's fault. Great job.
Bloodsong 13T chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
glad you enjoyed it! um... or squirmed over it, whatever.
and i totally agree with you! malcolm loves his wife so much, i can't picture him as a rapist at all. and my brain was giving me this scene and going, 'woo, look at how evil and angsty this is! this is good stuff!' and i said, 'what are you, NUTS? i need these people to work with him later! there's no WAY they are going to accept this.'
so... no making him mad while he has felicity. but you know... i can see him doing this. if he *had* to. hey, he was even nice enough to change his mind and be less extreme when she asked him. :X but you can see why oliver should be afraid of going against him while he has felicity. you do not mess around with this guy.
KC chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Oh ouch! Poor, poor Felicity, but at least he didn't take her fingers. I actually teared up a bit when reading this (and I'm not even a big fan of Felicity), so great job communicating the awfulness of what's happening to her. Speaking of "Female in Peril" exploitation, so glad you didn't have Merlyn threaten her sexually: 1. I don't see him doing that, he really seems like he'd treat any victim, whatever their gender, the same way and 2. gross. It's a good thing this isn't canon to your other fic, because if it was all my sympathy for Merlyn in that story would be gone and I'd be too busy rooting for Oliver to just kill him already to focus on anything else.