Reviews for Winter
Great story.
Havok in Greenwood chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Type your review here...
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
This story is a good read. It was interesting learning about Vinn and his tale about how he acquired his wintry staff. The fact that the wizard Vinn's staff is quite different than Gandalf's staff made the story even more different and unique. You did good keeping Bilbo, Gandalf, and Frodo in-character, since Frodo would show curiosity towards Vinn's staff.

I caught typos throughout this story. Although, I don't remember where the typos are, I know they are in the story and will sound off. However, I did manage to catch and remember these: In this sentence, towards the end of the story, "I actually feel rather cool to the touch at all times, no matter the actually weather or condition." "actually" needed to be corrected to "actual".

Other errors I caught: "Frodo's Baggins" is actually spelled correctly this way "Frodo Baggins'". Also, "short persons" sounds better and more correct this way "little people". In one of Gandalf's dialogues, "Would you be so kind to regal us with the tale Vinn?", there needs to be a comma after "tale" but before "Vinn". "Gandalf the gray", since this is a title, "grey" needs to be capitalized.

Some canon inconsistences I caught: Frodo, thanks to Bilbo, would actually be interested in adventuring. If anyone has actually read the books, and paid attention, it even says there that Frodo wanted to travel with Bilbo on any of his latest adventures. So, Frodo would think of adventuring, not the opposite as it is written in the first paragraph. Technically, Bilbo and Frodo aren't uncle and nephew. They are distant cousins, but Frodo has grown accustomed to calling Bilbo "uncle", even after Bilbo adopted him.

Overall, I say you did a fine job writing this story. I enjoyed reading it, but I notice I'm the only one that has followed and now is favoriting your story.

Aria Breuer