Reviews for The Heather Channel
FUCK YOU whyyyyy wtf whyyy, did you really have to make her raped by 4 guys in the first fucking chapter. your soo fucking messed up dude. Why why why fuck u
huugdev chapter 21 . 3/8
amazing story heartbreake, love and laughter thank you for writing thus keep up the good work
huugdev chapter 21 . 3/8
amazing story heartbreake, love and laughter thanks for writing this keep up the good work.
Foster117 chapter 22 . 12/24/2015
Great story
Raberba girl chapter 22 . 11/12/2015
Although Astrid in particular is not entirely IC, I kept reading out of curiosity and eventually decided that I like this story. The plot is intriguing, and you did a good job of presenting both of the young women as believable love interests for Hiccup and as characters we can sympathize with (though you did a better job with Heather than with Astrid, which is why I was a bit surprised that Astrid "won" in the end).
I only like alternate pairings if they're well-written, and the Hiccup/Heather in this was good enough that I wasn't bothered by it, I could see them as a real couple in this AU. I also usually hate love triangles, but this fic was an exception - in hindsight, I'm shocked that the love triangle in this story didn't bother me at all! XD

I wish I had time to review every chapter like I used to, I'm sure I'm going to miss a lot of things that I should have mentioned; but just from off the top of my head, I liked the silly love poem Hiccup made up for Heather on their fake wedding night, and...darn it, I'd had at least three details in mind but I forgot all the others... *facepalm* Oh, there were a couple of homages to other movies that made me laugh, like the one quoting the crazy cook from "The Little Mermaid." I also really liked the scene where Hiccup proposes to Astrid in a roundabout way. I don't like that the domestic violence in their relationship seems to be continued and condoned even after that scene, but I like that it's at least addressed, and how you play with the power dynamics of their relationship just like every good HiccStrid fic should.

I do think that the story feels more complete with the extra chapters. Your original ending felt a bit too abrupt, so I'm glad that you continued it farther.
The extended ending did seem to wrap things up a little too neatly, but I'm not complaining. :) I'd rather have a convenient fairy tale ending than for a good character to be sad forever!
Jakob Carrillo chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
I'm a big fan of this but if you didn't complete it already I would have put hiccup wanting to stay with heather but if she leaves in one of the chapters were stoick set up a marriage for hiccup and Astrid he denied it and shouted at his father I want to be with heather I don't want to be with Astrid and stoick said tell ya what if heather comes back we will welcome her and tell her everything and he still wants to marrie her its just a suggestion hope you like it and make another story were there together forever
jakob Carrillo chapter 16 . 7/12/2015
How in the world do I go to man in the middle you should have left it chapter after chapter
Abbodon chapter 22 . 7/3/2015
Great ;)
Jtgil chapter 22 . 11/27/2014
Great story! And it had a very original plot. Whether or not your portrayal of heather is close to canon or not, I really like how you depicted her in this story. You made me think of her differently. I really enjoyed the first half of the story with heather being with Hiccup, as a matter of fact it's the first time I like that pairing. However after they separate, for me the story wasn't getting better. And I think everyone acted a bit cold when she returned, specially Astrid and Hiccup a bit as well. I don't understand why they still hold a grudge against her, even about what happened with the marriage with Hiccup. And Stoick acted really mean against her too. But oh well. Great story!
Guest chapter 22 . 11/8/2014
I thought this was a heather/hiccup pairing.
nonya chapter 15 . 7/13/2014
This reminds of a shakespeare tragedy,except the only thing that died were the hearts
grimlock chapter 18 . 7/2/2014
I don't know what is happing now
Kobe chapter 15 . 5/26/2014
I noticed the chapter 16 is next to chapter 21
WhenInFanfictions chapter 22 . 5/25/2014
First of all...why a farmer?! I'm sorry If I yelled but... Why not go for someone she really likes, and not someone who she just met! Sorry again for yelling.
HiccupHaddockLover chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
PROTEST: HICCSTRID HICCSTRID HICCSTRID HICCSTRID HICCSTRID!
I'm just saying that I don't like Heather. I can't stand her! I hope she doesn't come back in DoB. If she does, there better be no Heathercup.
And for those of you who ship Heathercup, good for you(I'm actually NOT being sarcastic)! Continue to ship them!
I do what I wanna do, you do what you want to do!
Be you, and NEVER let anyone tell you what you can and can't do in life, including me!