Reviews for In The Cell Beside You
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2019
You certainly captured their warm, and loyal bond in spades!
anko chapter 4 . 6/12/2018
You got their voices down just perfectly- I love it!
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 4 . 10/20/2016
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet...
A loverly, loverly story! There aren't enough Academy Era ficlets on this site, and your interpretation of these two is wonderfully written. I especially love the unique introduction. In so many other "they-meet-each-other-at-the-Academy"-centered stories, Kirk is the one who extends the first greetings. He sets the groundwork for friendship, and Bones is sort of reluctantly dragged along into it. Yet in your version, you have Bones being the one to stretch out that first olive branch, to take and give a punch for his soon-to-be best friend and partner-in-crime.

And the "Next of Kin" two-parter was just beautiful. Again, it was such a profound and unique way to show the deep friendship these two have for each other. If you're thinking about continuing this in the future, I will definitely be looking forward to any and all new updates!
FantasyPanda12 chapter 4 . 7/29/2016
Are there going to be more chapters to this? It was awesome!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/24/2015
Loved it! The characters are perfect. Would love it if you update.
Reader50 chapter 2 . 9/24/2015
Only he gets to call me _
reader50 chapter 4 . 9/24/2015
I loved this story. Actually, I can see it in my mind it playing out like that for those two-not the original Star Trek, but Star Trek 2009. I guess because they are both young in that movie and in the original it always seemed to me that Bones was a lot older than Jim instead of contemporaries.
I quite enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.
Aranna Undomiel chapter 4 . 1/19/2014
I really love this story so far. Great writing of Bones' and Jim's characters. Looking forward to read more of this :D
pandora jazz chapter 4 . 1/14/2014
Sorry this thank you is so late.
I enjoyed reading this chapter. I think you are doing a great job with Bones voice and a young Kirk.
I love 'watching' the friendship develop between them through your words.
Thanks for sharing another chapter with us.
Until next time, take care.
Lawlady562 chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
I hope you don't stop writing these stories about Jim and Bones' friendship. I think you have nailed them and their relationship perfectly. And there's nothing better in fiction or real life than having a partner in crime.

I was thrilled to see the new update but I had to go back to reread the first 3 chapters because it has been a while (frown). I found myself loving this just as much today as I did originally. I started to mark this as a favorite but I couldn't because I had already faved it last July when it was first published.
Magiccatprincess chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
Oh this one was so touching!
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
I cannot wait for the next chapter! Maybe you can do one where Jim just for a few extra credits or for emergencies takes a basic medical course and Bones is there cause it's a requirement and they star out with Bones telling him not to flirt with every patient and ends with Jim sort of knowing basic medical stuff...Bones uses that to his advantage by getting Jim to actually report to his physicals!
LiveAndLetRain chapter 4 . 1/4/2014
"A loner who took being a loser to new heights." Could you please smack James Tiberius Kirk upside the head for me?
Never mind. Punch this doctor for me instead. Can't wait til Bones is CMO of the Enterprise and they can rub it in his face. Not a very Christian sentiment I know but...
Bones wasn't the only one who had something twisting inside of him there.
It doesn't seem like you were struggling to me. You nailed it. I didn't quite have tears in my eyes (I don't cry easily at all.) but it was pretty close, one more little nudge...
In short, this is wonderful. A spectacular addition to one of the best Star Trek stories I have ever read. Thank you for sharing.
thechamelioncircuit chapter 4 . 1/4/2014
This was good. I honestly enjoyed reading this.
T'Xiao chapter 4 . 1/4/2014
Beautiful story! This is the best characterization of Jim Kirk that I've read in FanFiction.
Dr. McCoy, naturally, is simply fantastic.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »