Reviews for A Reason To Smile
Jawsome chapter 1 . 4/14
Alright so I'm going to be honest, while the script most certainly isn't bad, I just didn't remember Inigo or Lucina behaving in this way in the game, and it was implied that all the kids knew each other and were split up when they got to the present. Not to mention, Lucina typically doesn't take any nonsense, and Inigo tends to be extroverted and confident. You can have Inigo be into Lucina and have it implied that they have met before for audiences that didn't play or see any of Awakening, and have Inigo be overly cocky. Imagine if Inigo tried to flirt with Lucina and went overboard, and then Lucina slapped him, then continued on with her side of the conversation being serious? And then, what if Inigo kept trying to be cool to make the situation awkward, and then Lucina yells at him a bunch due to this? This fanfic hit me as super out of character from what I remember, and I just wanted to mention this. Though, for what you did write, I enjoyed.
hernobleness chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
This seems like it's gonna be a good story :) glad I finally found a good Lucina X Inigo fanfic. Although I usually prefer Frederick!Inigo... I just feel like the dynamic he gets with Lucina is much more deep that way. Like of course he's not gonna flirt with the princess, but especially not when she should basically be his liege.
kalmaegi chapter 30 . 7/13/2016
Grandpa Chrom muahahahaha

God, do I love everything in this fic. Yes, even the awkward random prompts. I love how there's family bonding thrown in and not just romance.

Ahhh Soleil tho. Why must the creators do this to me? Laslow~~~~~!
CherryFlamingo chapter 10 . 5/31/2015
It would've been so funny if Inigo turned back while Lucina was holding him, and everybody was there while he's over Lucina xD
Fier66 chapter 30 . 11/16/2014
I swear I'm not crying or anything. This fic is amazing. I finished this in one day.

All the fluffiness in this fic made my kokoro goes doki-doki.

This fic made me ship Inigo and Lucina even harder than before. Damn. Thank you author, you're awesome for making this.
Brunosaurs4 chapter 30 . 4/8/2014
Aww, it's come to an end. I loved this chapter, its such a sweet end to the whole thing, with Lucina and Inigo having their own kid and beginning their own life. Thank you so much for writing this whole fic! :)
Light1172 chapter 30 . 4/7/2014
Ahhh Lucina as a mother! That's an interesting thought. I think she'd be a bit awkward at first, but then settle into the role. And Inigo would be an excellent dad in my opinion. I'm so sad that this story is over! Please write more InigoxLucina fanfics in the future!
passwordrawr chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
Huzzah!
A wonderful collection. Good job.
mariogman25 chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
Overall, good fic. Like I said before, I paired these together on my first playthrough... though it was actually more of a "Pair the Spares" moment... now that I see the chemistry between them... I don't regret it.
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
Aw... title drop! Cute present day kids! I'm guessing that they don't have the same names as the future kids.
Michiru Shiroku chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
A beautiful finish to a wonderful collection! I can't wait to see what you dish out next!
Tacticianing chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
Aww it's all done now ; A ; Nevertheless I loved this story just as much as all your other ones. I loved how in character both Lucina and Inigo were and how you incorporated other characters as well in a way that it fits. All the prompts were really fun reads and askffjaldf I love your writing!
Naekane chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
Awww...it's all over. I really wish I had found this story sooner. Oh well, I am glad that I found this story. I really love this last story: it's the perfect way to end it! :D It's just so sweet, and adorable, and a little melancholic and fluffy, and so well-written and Lucina is pregnant and... gah! I can't even form coherent sentences right now! I get excited easily, can you tell? LOL

Thank you for writing this, really! I just love this story so much!
utdfan22 chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
I had a lot of fun reading these. They worked in a lot of characterisation, had a variety of situations and viewpoints arise and always kept the reader's attention without devolving into mindless cheese. A bit fluffy at times but that's no harm. I'm going to sorely miss the occassional email saying that this story has been updated. Thank you for a fun read.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
If you could see the big, stupid grin on my face after I read this chapter and as I type this review, you'd probably be laughing, but I just can't help it. :D This chapter was an incredibly pleasant surprise, so the April 20th thing is a lie I am totally fine with. XD Of course, it's unexpected posting is far from the only reason I'm just so completely happy right now; there's this chapter itself and there's the collection as a whole.

There's a few things I want to say but I'll start by saying how much I just love the progression of this final piece It establishes that it's a number of years into the future and it seems that in spite of the old saying, the more things, the more things don't necessarily stay the same. After some worry about her past/parallel world self's future identity crisis, it treats us to an utterly heartwarming revelation and our leading couple getting some alone time. I quite like the idea of Lucina being an older sister figure to her younger self, potential confusion aside. Also, yay for a nod to Morgan x Nah in the finale! :D

I am glad that Lucina does get to see her family on occasion. I think I stated this in a previous review, but I had hoped Lucina would do so, despite her insistence that she stay away from her parents in supports and Scramble conversations. The finale does address that worry, not only by bringing up the potential confusion the future kids' presence would have on their younger selves, but also by having seem to Lucina almost want to feel alienated from her family. Perhaps she was used to such feelings for a long while and a small part of her still worries that they do not belong.

I did say in my last review that I like the idea of Inigo and Lucina raising a family. X3 Oh Arceus, I nearly squeed when I read that Lucina was pregnant. Her reflection on its unexpectedness was quite fitting as well. Somehow, I don’t think "Grandpa Chrom" will stop being funny, at least not for a very long time. XD I find the notion of the whole lot of the first generation potentially becoming grandparents in their late 20s/early 30s (barring Gregor and Nowi) to be kind of amusing.

And even though it's not unexpected, I cheered at the title drop at the end. Actually, that whole final sentence in general melted my heart, or at least finished melting it. X3 All and all, this final chapter is wonderful, simply wonderful! It's an amazing ending to an amazing collection, and I enjoyed every sentence of it.

Thank you, Rapis, for bringing us this story and seeing it to the end. I, too, can attest to the difficulty in completing a multi-chapter fic, and by the looks of it, this OTP challenge is a difficult one to finish. This is the only finished one I'm aware of, though admittedly I was only following one other that hasn't seen an update in months. In spite of your worries, I think the stories were consistently strong, though some were better than others. Your understanding of Lucina and Inigo as individuals and as a couple is simply incredible. I feel you have their characters down to a “T.” I also absolutely love how well you depict and communicate a plethora of emotions, not just over the course of the collection, but also even within individual chapters. Whether the stories have tugged sharply on my heartstrings, made it wrench, made me feel all warm and fuzzy, or made me laugh, I enjoyed every moment of it.

I will miss following this fic and looking forward to new chapters, but I'm mostly very happy to see it completed. It's has become one of my most favorite works of fan fiction that I have ever read. While the Lucina x Ingio pairing is somewhat popular (it's probably Lucina's second or third most popular ship), I feel that there just aren't enough stories for it, so having this fantastic collection alleviates that lack a little. At the expense of typing something incredibly cheesy, you have given me and all of your readers a reason to smile. :D

You, my dear, are an excellent author. I am so very glad to have not only discovered this story, but your writing in general. I wish you the best on all of your future writing endeavors, and I will continue to read the ones that strike my fancy (which has been a lot of them recently, heh).