Reviews for Tavern Nights
Arc Trader chapter 4 . 7/25/2013
Ohhh that was so good! I thought the game already had a wonderful epilogue and you went and made it even better!

What gets me about this is how accurately you've captured everyone's personalities. Mirania is cute as always and Zael & Yurick are the good friends they are. But you really hit it out of the ballpark with Syrenne & Lowell, clearly. He isn't just going to stop sleeping with women because of a death experience, especially if Syrenne still can't bring herself to open up to him. And at the same time all her insecurities and the show of force she had to make at first are so her.

The small sections where Zael & Syrenne reflect on Dagran were just the absolute icing on the cake. The mercenaries of The Last Story are quite honestly the best RPG party I've ever played, better than any Final Fantasy, Tales of, Monolith Soft or Bioware RPG team created. They truly feel like a family and all of them interact with each other in an incredibly familiar, natural, and fluid way that I have never seen in another game. Killing Dagran was truly tragic, and I'm glad to see the effect of his death has not worn off here.

If there is anything I have to criticize, it is that it was too bad Calista didn't make an appearance here. I felt by the time the game got to its final act, the mercenaries had really accepted her as one of their own regardless of her background. But I suppose the life of a ruler wouldn't allow her to go fighting in the arena whenever she pleases.

I know there's not a lot of Last Story fiction out there, but this is one of the finest ones I have read.
coldpassion chapter 4 . 7/21/2013
Please don't leave it there! It's so amazingly real! You should keep writing! :3 Please? 3
coldpassion chapter 3 . 7/20/2013