Reviews for Harper Potts, the Girl Who Died (Hogwarts Year 1)
Debate4life chapter 48 . 6/26
Really enjoyed the story. Poppy and Steven are awesome. Myrtle is well developed.
Jobastion chapter 48 . 3/25
This is a wonderful story. Rhylith in an previous review mentioned the life-debt bit as nonsense, but I think it's easy to rationalize that bit as requiring more than simply saving the life of another (which would lead to, as Rhylith says, the medical profession being the go to for power hungry sycophants), but also requiring being willing to put their own life on the line to save the other. It's the potential of the exchange of one life for another that creates the bond, not the mere act of restoring one from death's door.
Slutmonkey Radishballs chapter 35 . 10/18/2016
Certain professions are "boy stuff?" I'm out, I get enough misogyny in daily life, don't need to read it in my Fanfiction.
blinddivinity chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
Love it
blinddivinity chapter 48 . 10/1/2016
Love it! I can't wait to read the next chapter.

You're a great writer. This is a great fic.
blinddivinity chapter 38 . 10/1/2016
Great chapter.
I'm unsure about those two. What if they were playing good cop bad cop?
I wish they depended more on statistics.
blinddivinity chapter 36 . 10/1/2016
I wasn't expecting that.
blinddivinity chapter 33 . 10/1/2016
Great chapter. I hope she didn't bite more than she can chew.
blinddivinity chapter 32 . 10/1/2016
blinddivinity chapter 31 . 10/1/2016
Great chapter. Love learning more about magical politics.
blinddivinity chapter 29 . 10/1/2016
Great chapter
blinddivinity chapter 28 . 10/1/2016
Great chapter. Did not think that was going to happen.

I love how your world is so much darker than the original; much more realistic. LOL
blinddivinity chapter 27 . 10/1/2016
I love this fic. You are an amazing writer. I love it. Your spin on the wizarding world is awesome. Very detailed. This chapter gave me chills - you're right about the ghosts - I haven't read a fic where the ghosts act like their spirits of the dead.

I love your take on pureblood culture/traditions/politics.

I can't help but think she's being a little to hasty in this chapter - although I can understand er terror.

I love this fic.
rhylith chapter 48 . 9/22/2016
Loved the story, well-done characterizations, and fantastic set of cause-and-effect repercussions for poor Harper Potts, the only issue I had was with the life-debt nonsense.

If any life-debt sort of magic was wandering around enforcing such a thing or even if it's more social/political than medi-wizards would be the most powerful political block. After all, they save untold numbers of people's lives. If it was magically enforced then becoming a medical wizard would probably be the path-to-power, a non-moral "healer" could go around and "save" people and effectively enslave them via a life-debt. For more social/political enforcement, it wouldn't be too hard to arrange "accidents" or near-lethal muggings only to then save a person to force a life-debt which would be valid in the eyes of society.

Of course, Life-debts, Blood-bonds, Magic-Oaths, Magical binding contracts, Veela attraction nonsense are all just used as a poor and unimaginative excuse to get incompatible people together.

It was quite jarring to see something so flimsy stuck in the middle of such a well written and thoughtful story. I almost abandoned the story on the spot but I was happily surprised when that awkward and forced shipping seemed to take a backseat to the story.

I hope that you will continue this someday.
Spica75 chapter 48 . 8/7/2016
Good story, needs to be continued!

Dont overthink the issues you have with it, because from the readers point of view i would say those dont really exist. Selfcritique is good, but not if you allow it to rule you.

You write that the story is too focused on "ships", something that i can barely notice, and of course, just because theyre 11(and Hermione 12), that just means theyre inexperienced and uncertain, not unable to feel interest, affection or love, some start "flirting" early, others late, 11 is nothing odd there, especially when Harper is really much older and Hermione is really 12, and if Daphne is born in Autumn or Winter, shes also 12.

About trouble with OCs, well, take a fictional universe, pick a person from it whose style and manners you think might suit and then adapt him/her to the Potterverse. Thats an easy way to create OCs because you already have a basic pattern how they look and act.

And while the basic idea may be cliche, the story you have made out of it most certainly is not. Its also one of the stories i can count on the fingers of one hand and still have spares where "HP" goes Slytherin without the story becoming rubbish one way or another.

I also have to say that overall, you are far too critical of your own writing, because the flaws you note on your author page, im not seeing them.
You have a style of writing and it is among the better ones i have seen on this site, theres no need to change it, just keep polishing it with more writing and there is no issue with it.

And always remember, finishing a good or even just decent story is infinitely better than not finishing a perfect story.
Ill also be waiting for more updates for "bug in the game"...