Reviews for Just Stay Here Tonight
Annoyed chapter 1 . 9/8/2023
Good job at showing the stupidness, naivety, and fast rush of young love! :/ You really turned Lily into a lovestruck idiot who wouldn't listen to reason when with James and believed everything he said; she treated him like he was spitting facts about the wizarding world when it wasn't true. War was going on, and he was a spoiled, rich pureblood Gryffindor who had Dumbledore enabled his bullying, so clearly, it would've been amazing for him! But yeah, James was a fucking jerk in canon AND here too, so bravo he wasn't OOC! I hated how Lily didn't care about Petunia anymore, her own fucking sister, when James was around, letting James snide Petunia off and treat Petunia so rudely, when I'm certain Petunia knew James was a big bully in school (can we talk about the scene where Petunia healed Sirius and James but no one ever thanked her? Not even Lily had appreciated her very much in that scene, having her lovestruck eyes only on James like a fucking dunce. Petunia literally didn't have to do all of that, especially when they bargef into her house, but damn! Y'all really want James to be good so badly!). Also, since Petunia was a Muggleborn Slytherin, OBVIOUSLY her experience in the wizarding world wouldn't have been very nice, and certainly, James would've bullied her at once point too, just by the fact that she was a Slytherin. But my god, you made Lily so dumb, and I had sided with Petunia more once the relationship started, especially with a war going on (up until you made her do something that she wouldn't have done. Petunia would never have gone out of her way to do something like that to Lily. In canon, she had never done anything horrible to Lily when Lily was alive besides being an upset sister. She had never sabotaged Lily's friendship with Snape, and it was actually Snape who had dropped the branch on Petunia to make Lily see Snape's true nature [it might have been an accident, but he naturally resorted to violence and wouldn't have cared if Lily hadn't witnessed it]. Yet, Lily was a dumbass and still chose Severus AFTER that horrible incident. Petunia didn't stop Lily from marrying James either, despite hating magic herself. Like Petunia literally minded her own damn business; it was Lily who kept throwing herself back at Petunia when Petunia wanted to cut ties and rightfully so).

And why did I know you were going to turn Petunia into a villain in this story? For once, the sisters got along in a fanfic, especially in a scenario where their personalities would've been very different due to the circumstances, but Petunia had to be the fucking villain?! Like seriously?! I mean, I'm glad things turned around, and Petunia ended up being awesome, but wow, WTF, y'all Marauders and Lily lovers can never be creative, can y'all?! It's always Petunia who has to be extensively cruel and mean as if there's no other reasons but "Petunia bad, Lily good."
bvrbvrv chapter 1 . 8/13/2023
Re-reading it. It's as good as it was a few years ago, I love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2023
I still love this fic just as much as I did the first time I ever read it! Have you considered posting it on ao3 so we don’t lose it because I would be so sad if it got deleted.
abbinicole chapter 1 . 5/21/2023
I think about this story once a week. I love it so much, your writing is so detailed and descriptive I can picture them so well. If I start this story I don’t plan on sleeping for the night because I HAVE to finish it. You’re awesome. Please never stop writing
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2022
THIS IS SO WEIRD! BUT THAT JUST SHOWS THAT PETUNIA IS AWFUL, BUT LOVELY INSIDE, BUT GREED AND JEALOUSY RUINED HER!
Tina chapter 1 . 9/3/2022
I found this recommended on Tumblr, and it might actually be one of the most perfect jily fanfics I've ever read. You had me laughing and and awww-ing and grinning... And funnily enough bawling over this, which I didn't except to do with Petunia involved: "Petunia saw the smoke from the restaurant, and she arrived in time to stop him. He was about to kill her sister, and she couldn't let him. There isn't a soul in the wizarding who doesn't know her name now. Petunia Evans, the woman who defeated Voldemort. The woman who saved the world."
So, thank you for that, and this story too.
Zinzino chapter 1 . 9/3/2022
That's so incredibly good
I devoured it
Thank you so much for this marvellous jily
PercyPotterFan chapter 1 . 7/19/2022
It nearly took me 1 and half hours to read this whole fic but it was worth it. The way you described her feelings, the post break up (especially) and the pregnancy... by gods, its beautifully written. I ship Jily so much it HURTS. And this was so soo good it totally fulfilled my Jily thirst. I would've skinned you alive if you made them die, right after we read their whole love story but I'm so happy you didn't.
By far one of my favourites, could even be in the top 3.
Love you sm author.
gabzep chapter 1 . 6/17/2022
I loved Lily and Petunia’s relationship. I guess love was the power he know not cuz Petunia loved Lily and Harry and wasn’t going to let Voldemort kill them.
1jilybitch chapter 1 . 5/6/2022
ok but ship?!: sirius x petunia :O
MyDogIsAsGracefulAsAnErumpent chapter 1 . 5/4/2022
I love this. It just feels right in so many ways
LunaCrusader chapter 1 . 4/27/2022
How could I have survived all these years without your fic? This is the best one-shot I've read in my life, and the character's feelings are so real, specially when you described how Lily felt post break-up. You made my day, I wish I'd found your fic sooner (read about it on a list of 'best jily fics of all times' on bellonablake's Tumblr)
MuggleMeatloaf chapter 1 . 3/18/2022
omg I love this so much! I want a sequel!
threado chapter 1 . 3/6/2022
Great story! It's very well writen! I absolutely did not see the "Petunia the vanquisher" ending haha. Good work
prn chapter 1 . 12/7/2021
I first read this many years ago but I still revisit it such was the impression it left on me. The canonical Lily was a character I couldn't help but resent but her reduced status here as a Muggle makes her easier to warm to and sympathise with. Petunia was hands down my favourite, her fierce protectiveness towards Lily, the deep but slightly possessive love, the cynical pessimist that she is, she really is a superbly well developed character.