Reviews for When Night Falls
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This story is well-written. I didn't expect, during reading this story, that Frodo would ponder over a loss of his innocence, starting with him losing his parents.

I forget where most of the grammatical errors are in the story. The errors were towards the beginning of the story. This was the error I remembered and caught: In this sentence "Was that former Man's soul forever lost to the evil and eternal darkness that was Sauron, or had some part of the former king's conscience remained, a part that would be prove to be more torturous to bear than anything the Dark Lord himself could ever do to him, for it reminded this shadow of a man of what he used to be and could never be again.", the first "be" needs to be taken out of this sentence.

Good work.

Aria Breuer

P.S. I'm putting this story in my hobbit community. I hope this is all right with you?
Certh chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Lovely prose. The imagery was vivid and Frodo's thoughts were written out beautifully. I liked reading about his fear concerning the Ring, the changes it brought on him, his want to be rid of rid and yet not wanting to be responsible for another's misfortune of finding it if he was to throw it away. The passage where he decided he would bear its burden if need arose was quite beautiful. In all, a wonderful gap-filler.

Certh
katybaggins chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Aw, thank you very much and happy birthday to you! Mine is about a month before Frodo's. Yes, I thought that was awesome too :P and you're very welcome! I really liked this one shot of what might have been in Frodo's mine, and of course he was musing about everything. He always is, but I particularly liked the part about losing innocence, and how he could see it in his own eyes. I think the whole story itself is about that loss.