Reviews for Past Tense by TheFicChick
lexplex chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Freaking incredible! Broke my heart completely but this was the most beautiful but realistic entry. I am speechless
Missy Robshipper aka miss247 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Oh my gosh, what a tear jerker! And the sad thing is kids in high school are bullied like this all the time if people know that they are gay. I really hope someday that changes. :(
beckysue999 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I gave this contest a wide berth because of the angst, but when I saw your name I was compelled. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful. An incredible mixture of what's said and unsaid. Congratulations.
DICATAKADD chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Sad and stressful stories are hard for me...I even skipped the contest, but anything you write gets my attention. Wow...this was incredibly beautiful and so real (sadly).
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
So so sad. Hope Jasper survives HS, Damn cruel people.
enka3 chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Great story!
looie chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Oh God. My heart. It's in pieces. Real, torn-up pieces.

This was utterly incredible. You have such a gift for capturing real human emotion, and it just floors me. I'm a tad annoyed at myself because I saw the TLS reveal before reading and saw that this oneshot won 'Best Slash,' which tipped me off in that regard. I would have loved to have gone into it not knowing. But that said, knowing that reveal, it felt natural and real throughout. I kind of didn't even notice when it was made, and had to go back and reread to pinpoint it. I think that proves how natural and unforced it was.

I would love to get a glimpse into Edward's head. The way your unnamed protagonist (something else I adore) describes him just leaves so many questions and so much love and so much sadness, it's truly tangible.

And the ending. Oh my heart.

I'm in honest-to-God tears. This was painful and heartwrenching and perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us! xx
cullenbabe chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
:,(
archy12 chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Oh hell,I never realized who was the narrator until the facebook thing -bullying has to be one of the saddest reasons of suicide,and in this case it is just...painful. Why can't people just live and let live?
Jadalulu chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Wow. WOW.

The pregnancy hormones have kept me weepy enough, so I'm SLOWLY working my way through these entries. Yours is the third I've clicked on and I CANNOT tell you how glad I am to have read it. You've shed light on a subject that I honestly hadn't expected to be addressed in the contest. You've done a wonderful job with this. Your execution of Edward's reasoning was flawless. I felt heartbroken from the very first paragraph.

I somehow wanted to be on that rooftop at 1:40 and tell Edward all the things about himself that were beautiful and worthy and special. I felt just devastated but at the same time tremendously moved by this.

Wow. Just WOW.

Thank you for writing & for sharing. I can only breathe out of one nostril right now and it's all your fault. But thank you anyway. Good luck in the contest!

jada
Adeli chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
I'm a sobbing mess. Beautiful beautiful story even though it's heartbreakingly sad.
Nrbl1 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
You made me cry...
sxpnce chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Perfect. Loved the way you told the story. Loved the twist. Was the perfect amount of angst. You got me right in the heart strings.
xxislandsxx chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
This was an amazing and heartbreaking story. Thank you.
Erroneous78 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Oh my! I can honestly say I though he was in a relationship with Bella and it was she narrating the story.
When the rumour part came about that vonfused me and then I was trying to work out if he was in a relationship with Bella but trying to hide his sexuality. So when his name was mentioned - well, totally shocked me.

So beautifully written, such a sad, sad subject and sadly still very true in many places in this world. Acceptance is a hard thing to give so it would seem.

So sad.