Reviews for Is A Picture Worth 1000 Lives?
squibghost chapter 10 . 9/28/2014
Love how you had your protagonist hit Dumbledore in his weak spot. She is a bit like Trelawney and Lupin and maybe even Snape in this: She is a special target of the psycho-socio-pathic lord. And he, Dumbledore, keeps her around to protect her and, of course, finds a legitimate use for her special talent, which, I am guessing here, is the ability to enter into, travel between, and leave magical paintings at will. Jimminy Cricket, imagine if the death eaters could do that! :-0 !

"Ah, having supper are we, would you like some green light with that?"

You are able to write a woman getting to Snape, something many writers have tried to accomplish, better that anyone I have ever read. JKR may have been able to do it but she never tried.

So, Kudos, Evangeline's approach to the mysterious one seems completely natural. And her success, so far, in getting him to drop his guard very believable.

I have, I believe, very high standards for fan fiction and am enjoying this one immensely.
Sweet Shy Suz chapter 45 . 2/24/2011
A story that does not revolve around Harry Potter! My heart sang when I first found this, then to find out it was a great story as well, I was delighted. I cried so much at the ending! I am looking forward to the sequel! The only part I could fault even just a little is you never mentioned Mrs Norris when Filch was in the story.
A Hidden Saint and Sinner chapter 34 . 2/28/2010
CUTE
K.M.Benidir2012 chapter 5 . 12/16/2007
I like your story.
EvelynWatsonx chapter 2 . 9/2/2007
yay Snape and the woman face to face )
Muirgen Monet chapter 45 . 10/30/2006
Good story! Interesting power.
musiclicious chapter 36 . 6/19/2006
fab story so far!

I had a sudden realization the part where you mentioned that Evangeline's mother was brought to life. It reminded me of a poem I read where a sculptor/paintor brought a beautiful woman to life and gained knowledge of her "demon blood" or something, and load of connoisseurs visited to try to win her over. Is that where you got your idea from?
Romulus chapter 5 . 3/12/2006
Yep, Snape's rather complex, isn't he?
Romulus chapter 4 . 3/12/2006
That's much improved! I wonder how will she react when she finds out Snape's a death eater...
Romulus chapter 3 . 3/12/2006
Not fair, not fair! I wanted to know what's her special talent!
Romulus chapter 2 . 3/12/2006
Nice first meeting with Snape:)
Romulus chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Let me guess...can she get into paintings and move out through other ones? That seems logical:) Okay, I might be totally wring here. But it's an interesting start.
So and So chapter 45 . 1/20/2006
Just to let you know, your fic has been added to a HP C2 community, 'Severus Snape and Original Female Characters'. If you have any suggestions of other high-quality, completed Snape/OFC fics, email the owner.
EriksKitty chapter 45 . 12/3/2004
Wow. Just...wow. This is your first work? *doubtful look* You sure? Even for a seasoned author, it would be a very good piece. Your chapters were well paced, if a bit short and your story was captivating. I can't wait to read the sequel. (Though I'll have to. *sighs* College sucks; I can't wait to graduate and finally start learning something.:D )

I'd say keep up the great work, but from a look a profile, you have.

~ Kitty -.-
Run Wild chapter 45 . 9/30/2004
Well, that was a nice way to spend a dreary afternoon. A lovely story – the archetypal Snape/OC fantasy. Vintage Shadowycat. On to Part Two…