Reviews for Frodo's Cooking Lesson
marmota-b chapter 1 . 3/4
Sooo. I imagined Bilbo like Tom Baker here. Not sure if that's the correct impression, but he's definitely got that twinkle in the eye here as he's making Frodo use all the good stuff. :-)
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
I love the bit about the wine, how obvious Bilbo's generosity is, and Merry's impoliteness that was also the sincerest of compliments. You made me hungry again. Great job! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Oh, yum!
seafarer chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
I am so glad that you posted this because now I can finally review it. I absolutely love this story! I read it at Stories of Arda a while back and immediately copied it to my receipt folder. Ever since then I must admit that Bilbo will often be my invisible companion when I'm cooking just 'cause you wrote him so well that I'd love to have a mentor like him when I'm in the kitchen. (I enjoy cooking, but I don't know much about it.)
This receipt was sooo good too. I ended up making about eight mushrooms and used grape juice instead of wine and shredded chedder instead of parmesan. My parents and I absolutely loved them. I'm looking forward to autumn when I can make them again.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
As usual, another well-written story. Of course, I can relate to this story, due to Bilbo sitting out while Frodo cooked the mushrooms... and when Bilbo insisted that Frodo and Merry go mushroom-hunting the next day. However, I can relate more with Frodo, in this case, than Bilbo, and I doubt that recipe belongs to Frodo, as the recipe on strawberries couldn't be Rosie's either.

Good work. As usual, another story is going into my hobbit community.

Aria Breuer
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Lovely, lovely! :) Hmm. And I mus be partially least I am fond of mushrooms. :D I especially enjoy taking a trip in the forest and finding and collecting the wild ones myself! :) Hmm. You just made me hungry! :)
But even more importantly, Bilbo was very Bilbo-like, exactly the way he is. Congratulations and thank you! I know for you it seems old an all, but for me it was lovely to read!
BrightWatcher chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Ummm woowwwwww... I am starving right now. O_O This is not a good story to read when one is starving! Aha well now I would love some steaming, cheesy, firm, mushrooms! Alas, we have none! However my mother is in a position to POSSIBLY get some... I shall have to ask.

Anyways thank you as always for a delightful interlude.

Good luck with your writer's muse!
imaginationflies chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Merry's so cute! I can just see Frodo stare at his Uncle as he realizes that he can drink wine. His reactions are so funny!
Again, you're making me hungry. This sounds so good! Is this your recipe? Can I steal it? :) I can practically taste them! Question...what do you do with the other half of the mushroom stems?
Chamelaucium chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Aaaaawww teenage Frodo! So adorable! And Merry is just perfect, of course. This was wonderful! :D