Reviews for The Trouble With Polyjuice
SF-Sin chapter 10 . 4/19
Snap how do you ever expect Harry to do as you say if you keep undercutting your self right after. “go to McGonagall or me if something happens” then ignore the dangerous issue he does bring you five seconds latter (the son of your current suspect throwing who know what into his caldron I mean seriously)
Loved, loved , loved it. Thank you . Looking forward to more.
Kiterou chapter 10 . 4/4
I have mixed feelings so far with this story. The different emotions and the clashes and talks both Harry and Snape have together are kinda stiff and don't feel real to me, even though in theory they should fit.

I know that nobody would picture Snape as a great father, but as he said, he has been Head of House for a long time and came from an abusive household himself. Most of his hatred for Harry (and I find hatred a hard word in the first 2 books, I would rather say disdain) comes from his looks and since that factor is out of the picture, I would think that Snape would pay more attention to Harrys behaviour (and his clothes) and thus come to the right conclusion that the boy had at least been neglected. But then again, there is not much in Harrys behaviour that would indicate this, only two forced shouting sessions and this awkward discussion about Snapes prejudice for Gryffindors.

Now I don't have anything against a bit of shouting between those two, but other than these scenes, there are no little details for Snape to pick up. After 10 years in a bloody cupboard, one would think that Harry still goes around hoarding food, or flinching a bit, or being more evasive and embarassed and loads of shy, especially after the first term of second year and the whole Heir fiasco. He is too easy to agitate, but in the arguments themself, too easy to agree with some points. Again, the points of the discussions are well thought of, but the tempus is awkward. I can see Harry more as the child who would be very stubborn to even talk about, maybe in his distaste for Snape slipping into a more subtle passive-aggressive behaviour we see with the Dursleys pre-Hogwarts, but when he does start talking with Snape (read: shouting at him) to blurt things out or keep pressing his point and eventually getting very emotional (not just angry, but frustrated and sad).

Keep in mind that we are only three terms into Hogwarts. In the first year, Snape is antagonistic, but in the end Harry knows why (his father), and that Snape has still saved him many times. In second year, first term we have the situation with the flying car, but other than this, only Snapes normal antagonistic behaviour in class. Things have not been peachy, but also not a disaster like end of third year or the whole fifth year, so all of Harrys snarling and gritting and pubertal behaviour is a bit off. Sure, he does not like Snape, but he is an orphan who was told he has a father, and after all the years with the Dursleys, and only 6 months after being told that Snape has saved his hide the whole first year, I could see him make at least a token effort to get to know Snape better. We know he has tried with the Dursleys when he was little.

This sounds all like I think your story is awful. It's not, don't worry. It is a bit awkward when it comes to the emotions of the characters, but then again I am only 10 chapters in and will finish this story. I hope that the points I raised will help you in the future (if you agree with them, they are only my opinion) and that you will have fun writing more stories!

Have a nice day, kiterou
Harry is an adult. Read Dutch Girl.
Bele chapter 26 . 3/13
hi there thank you for writing this story. a few bits and pieces felt like a 1:1 transcript but otherwise really cool. going to the sequel now.
Good
ZianaSue chapter 27 . 3/3
Oh Severus what are you going to do? Tell me everything! I want all major and minor details so that I can film a perfect video clip in my brain.
Vampireking40 chapter 27 . 2/16
I loved this story. This end bit leading into the next story about Hogwarts having a cover story name is very cool. Who won the house cup?
Vampireking40 chapter 26 . 2/16
So in the end Lucius did try and get Dumbledore out but failed to get him suspended. At least Hagrid was never arrested. Poor Ginny has to repeat her first year.
Vampireking40 chapter 22 . 2/15
It's amazing how easy a man who is 110 yrs old figured out what was petrifying students. When no one else could. Harry can talk to snakes and hears a voice only he hears.
Vampireking40 chapter 16 . 2/14
Draco got what he deserved. Only thing I would have added was no complaining to your father.
Vampireking40 chapter 12 . 2/14
Well finally Harry gets the medical check he should have had first year. Poppy having been a snake that new is that something you made up or was she actually a snake. I see her more as a Hufflepuff then a Snake. The Dursley deserved to get what ever justice Snape can throw at them within the law that is and he needs to do it legally after all he is a former Death Eater.
Vampireking40 chapter 11 . 2/14
Well that was interesting especially his grades. I wonder if his Slytherin had grades that bad in History and Defense.
Vampireking40 chapter 8 . 2/14
Well now Snape is starting to understand the boys home life with the nasty Dursley.
Vampireking40 chapter 6 . 2/14
Severus still just does not understand Harry. If he considered what Harry was saying he would figure out that Harry was treated like a house elf with his relatives and hardly ever got anything to eat.