Reviews for Finding a Home
epuresoul chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
This is great. You really captured Parker. I wanted to hit Sophie. I know she was trying to help but she didn't really think about Parker's current perception of what was happening.
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Adorable-although I found Sophie annoying. But still.

Thanks for posting this! It was a fun read!
guitarrawr1 chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
kove this story, love mini parker
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
This is really, really good. You've captured the sense of street-kid Parker so well - skittish in the extreme, desperate for love and affection, a little awkward in some ways, but trying hard to be whatever people want her to be. It breaks my heart reading it.

I got to the end and thought "no! I don't want it to end!" And the. I remembered that there is a sequel, so that's ok. I'll go read that now.
YeahLev chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
It's hard to pick what I like most here, because it's all so good - the details put me right in the moment, the voices are so true to the show, it's funny and sad and dramatic. But I think the best part is the way the characters interact. The relationships are so rich and complex, especially Nate and Parker and Nate and Sophie, but all the interactions are thoughtful and multi-faceted and awesome! I'm off to read the sequel and hope you write many more!
FCB chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Loved it! I just sat up til 1 am reading the whole thing because I couldn't stop! I can't wait for you to continue!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Ooh, very amazing fic. I have lots of thoughts running around in my head of this universe you have created by your talent at writing! Very good job. You are a skilled writer.
What is happening next? Is parker going to school or is she staying with Nate and Sophie? What if Parker is naughty one time- she is so scared of rejecting by Nate, so how can he tell her off without bad consequences? When will she be more funny and not so scared of everything, in 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years or more? These are questions and thoughts in my head that I am imagining from your universe! It makes me think and want more, the signs of a very amazing story. Sorry for any mistakes in my English writing. Well done! Very good job!
clairemoi chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Wow, that was so so so good! I am waiting on tenterhooks for the sequel- tenterhooks is a real phrase I think,, idk I'm tired, excuse me if I made it up just now. Whatever, I am SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THE SEQUEL. PLEASE update soon, as soon as you possibly can.

WHAT I ADORED:
Plot- I've read and written so many kidfics, many of them from Harry Potter which seems to be pretty popular. But this is by FAR the best one I have EVER read. The characterization is brilliant and spot-on, and you tackled serious issues like child neglect and alcoholism in a sensitive and engaging way. I also really liked how Hardison and Nate act exactly like a dad and big brother.
Sentence fluency/Grammar- So varied and absolutely gorgeous choice of lexis in some parts. It's not too simplistic, but at the same time doesn't feel like you've swallowed a thesaurus either!
Description- I don't want to sound cliche, but gorgeous and heartbreaking. The way you describe things is magical. It's like, you don't go overboard but you seem to intuitively know exactly what to include to paint a picture in the reader's mind.

WHAT I WANT TO SEE:
-I really want to see more Eliot & Sophie, like a previous reviewer said. Sophie's acting sort of strict, and her manner of speaking is SO Sophie that it kills me and makes me miss Leverage like crazy, but she and Parker aren't quite there yet in terms of family bonds. And Eliot was really light.
-I would love to see her develop a specific relationship with each member of the team, not just Nate. Obviously he's her cornerstone, but I can't wait to see her go to Eliot, Hardison or Sophie for comfort, willingly and have it be good enough for her without needing Nate later.
-Parker coming out of her shell and becoming more like canon!Parker, like outgoing and weird and a little crazy.

FAVOURITES:
This interchange, I can't place my finger on why, is heartbreaking but so adorable.

"Don't you guys know what tables are for?" he asks, and Parker immediately moves to get off the counter – except Hardison catches her under the arms the moment she starts shifting, and she stiffens – but all he does is help her off the counter, controlling her fall until her feet are on the ground.
"You know how it goes, man," he's saying, like he doesn't even notice what he's doing, "Gotta eat where you gotta eat."

And I also loved the scene where Hardison showed Parker her ID card, to convince her that she was wanted. It was so cute. And the bit where Nate's thinking 'I wish I got to that line first' in the police station made me laugh. Those three things stick out in my mind.

So I left you a really long review because this would be a 10 chapter fic if you posted it separately (I'm glad you didn't; I like it this way) and so this is like 10 reviews in one. Please update soon! Do you have a general time frame of when the sequel will be up? Again, this is a brilliant piece of work and you should be proud. You're a fantastic, highly-skilled writer.
willowswelt chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I enjoyed this story *a lot*.

The storyline was different from other Leverage stories and a unique take on the relationship between the characters.

Child!Parker was recognizable as her adult self but still so childish. All other characters were very much IC and I enjoyed the interaction. You described Nates feelings regarding his alcohol addiction very realistically and the intervention was neither too much nor to little.

Looking forward to read more from you!
youdude chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Can't be bothered to sign in... lazy me. Anyway, this was a beautifully-written, incredibly funny and moving piece of writing, and with excellent characterization to boot. You are definitely a very skilled and talented writer. Your descriptions are so good and you have all these little touches- God, I can't even remember any now, but they were there- and it makes everyone seem real. And I love how you included Nate's drinking and you made it an issue and explored how it affects his relationship with Parker, and also the contrasting responses of the team to Nate's drinking, to Parker, and to Nate's relationship with Parker.
So... um, I read the first half on AO3, where I think I remember seeing you say there'd be a sequel? If there is, that would be AMAZING. PLEASE. I need more of this! I'd love to see more Eliot and more of how Parker's relationship progresses with each of the team and also some fluffy moments but of course some angsty moments as well so basically I want to see everything, and you can't just leave it there! Of course it's your fic so you can if you want to (I don't want to come across as demanding because I hate it when people do that to me).
I can't get across how in-awe I am of this fic. I write a semi popular-ish kidfic for Criminal Minds (username youdude), that's COMPLETELY all fluff and ALL ENTIRELY ooc and unrealistic as hell, so this is a gem in my opinion. Keep up the good work! Sorry for the long essay.
Stellaru chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Omigosh add me to the list of people wanting a sequel! This was so good! I love the way Nate bonds with Parker but at the same time he can't deal with the way she reminds him of Sam. The Nate and Sophie relationship was perfect too!
floralisette chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I did not expect to enjoy this story as much as I did. Totally fell in love with it. I hope that a sequel is in the works?

Nice writing.

Lisette
Zee-Zee Magee chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Is there a sequel in the works?
another.maggie chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I enjoyed this so much. Thank you. It is amazing.