Reviews for Non Compos Mentis
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 4/16
So the little bar at the top of the story SAYS you wrote this before Season 9 started. But I refuse to believe it, because the parallels from this story to the issues going on right now are unbelievable. From Sam's hatred of being incapacitated to Dean beating himself up over every little thing that goes wrong to the recognition that Dean really would rather take Sam unconscious to Sam dead. Even without the parallels, though, this story is amazing - woven together perfectly. You're awesome.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 2/18
Good fic! I didnt expect the twist :)
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 1/23
Oh, I feel emotionally drained after that. Such a simple misunderstanding on Sam's part, but no less heartbreaking for that. Bravo. *sobbing*
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Okay so I was gonna try to find a particular passage or paragraph that I really liked, just to point out how awesome this is, but I couldn't pick just one. Instead I'll just settle for saying that I really really loved this. You captured both characters perfectly. I especially love that second to last line. Such a great fic, thanks for sharing!
Shazza chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
This fic was really interesting to read, Sam was coming from such a different place.
I assume this sometime in season 2 since you were including the special kids, and it was clearly before Dean did actually lock up Sam in the panic room. I appreciated being there with Sam, not having a clue as to why Dean reacted like it did. It fits so well the lack of maturity Sam had in that early time set. I think and hope that current Sam would be more willing to understand the situation and go off on Dean before he could explain. Thanks, as always
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
"The full weight of what Dean had done slammed into him. His beloved older brother had turned on Sam, drugged him and locked him away like some kind of lunatic. Shot him up with powerful drugs that had left him badly disoriented, unable to think, and too weak to get up: completely powerless."

What I love about this, is that it wasn't Sam actually believing Dean would do such a thing. Dean was the one who always denied that Sam would turn darkside, the one who bristled at even the thought of having to hurt Sam someday. This was Sam's own fears getting the best of him in a moment of weakness. This was an emotional jump to the worst conclusion. After all, Sam's worst fear was turning into something so evil his brother would have no choice but to lock him away or kill him.

Loved this: "But Sam also still remembered the tenderness of Dean's reassurances in his drugged haze, and the desolation in Dean's own unconscious ramblings. If Dean ever did come to that, it would be from desperation born out of love. The notion that his brother would actually rather take him that way, a shell of a person, unable to take care of himself, knowing Sam would probably hate him if he were aware, than see him dead, was both a horrifying and humbling thought."

"He certainly hadn't been thinking about how much of a toll his fears and depression also took on Dean. He should've seen it, the burden he'd placed on his brother, how scared Dean was too, how hopeless and trapped he'd felt. But Sam had been too busy trying to keep himself together to notice." - And there you summed up S2 in two sentences. I always think of that scene by the river where Dean confesses to Sam what his father told him. How he begged his brother to lay low, how he admitted the words had been "screaming" in his head ever since they'd been uttered. And then Sam took off. Both of them felt alone in their struggles. Dean felt alone in his mission to keep Sam safe, to save him. Sam felt alone in experience of being a "freak."

"I would never eat my gun," Sam blurted out as they crossed the threshold. He felt Dean stiffen next to him. "That was just the alcohol talking, you know. No matter how bad it gets, I wouldn't do that to you." Thanks for having him say what Dean needed to hear. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
After what Dean did to Sam abandoning him in the Panic Room, I completely believed that that was the case here. I was very surprised how it turned out. Glad, too.
Thanks for sharing this.
TG
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I'll admit, this story was pretty hard to take until about halfway through. I mean, Dean drugging Sam up and then leaving him? Of course I knew there was another explanation, unlike Sammy, but still. It hurt, which just goes to show that I get REALLY attached to my favorite characters...

Lovely piece, lots of angst and unhappiness and then smiles and pie at the end. :)
TS chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Another great story. I expected nothing less from you! I'm so very behind on my supernatural watching so some of the stories I have to skip for now, but I'll read what you write even if I never catch up. Cheers!
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I knew that Dean hadn't drugged him for any reason other than to help him and I had wondered if it was because of the cockatrice's poison...but even so it seemed odd and then with Dean not being there.

I loved how you showed how much they both care about the other. Even though Sam was angry at Dean he couldn't just leave him there, he found and looked out for him just like Dean had.

Great story.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Way cool rooster monster...your stories always so fun to read.

It's like crawling into the TV set...and living inside an SN episode. Can see, feel, and taste it all.

Adored this exchange: Dean finally cleared his throat, blinking a few more times. "I'm hungry," he said roughly. "You bring back some donuts?"

It was Sam's turn to blink. "Donuts," he repeated dumbly.

Dean shrugged one shouldered. "Or pie. Pie would be awesome."

Thank you for all your time and hard work,
Karen
Jeanne chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Excellent suspense and brotherly love. Great!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Woohooooo! Injuries to both brothers. Both brothers feeling guilty about not being there for the other one. Both yummy. :D

This one really struck all the right cords for me. I really did. We knew Dean hadn't left, but Sam, still under 'the influence' of the creature couldn't think straight.

Dean was pi**ed about what it'd done to Sam so he went after it alone and got hurt. Took some time and some space, but they got it together again.

Nicely done. :)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Loved this one, too - well, like usual... Anyway, the way you write I never get tired of saying thanks.
I liked the twist you put in here and it also shows S2 Sam's rather short temper in certain circumstances. However, I also really felt for Sam when he came to understand what really happened an how he had gotten everything upside down, how shocked he was about having thought something like this of Dean. Oh, and of course I was also glad that, in the end, he didn't falter and that he kept his "real" earlier thoughts to himself, because you - or rather Sam - so got that right: it would have broken Dean's heart.

And once again back to one of my very, very early observations from years of reading your stories: YOU ARE THE MASTER OF ENDINGS - these last three sentences just proof this again!

Thanks for making my evening! D.
Wynefred chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
An immensely satisfying fic. Lots of hurt Sam AND hurt Dean. What more can a girl ask for? Loved how you played with perspective, showing that things aren't always what they seem. It's a common theme, but works very well here. Loved it! Great job!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »