Reviews for My Dear Elsie
bobbygirlamnot chapter 10 . 4/20
OMG! I loved your story! It was absolutely adorable and amazing! If only such a thing would happen in the actual series... I especially liked the scene in chapter 9, with staff demanding Mr. Carson to kiss his bride! :) that was so cute! I really hope they might include something similar in S6...
THIS was magnificent. I hope your story ends up on my tv screen. Thanks for including all the beloved characters.

"she could never think of her husband in the same way again in his uniform now that she knew what it concealed . "
Jaxa chapter 10 . 3/7
Nicely done!
ozz chapter 10 . 2/26
I enjoyed this story a lot...I devoured it
deeedeee chapter 10 . 8/2/2014
She really is magnificent. I have such a crush on Elsie Hughes.
Lovely, lovely story. I'm so happy it didn't turn out to be all angsty! I was so worried! It's a joy to read. I really enjoy the way you characterize them - it's in character but sort of hyper-self-aware... In character minus all the angst his blustering causes. I suppose that's because at the beginning of the story, he's already reached the decision to declare himself to her. So he's not going to be all overly proper (cruel).

Oh it's just wonderful. It's what we all want for them! And O'Brien gets thwarted. And Thomas is nice. Amazing! Thank you for this ray of sunshine!
deeedeee chapter 9 . 8/2/2014
And I thought it couldn't get any happier. Swoon...

Also, this line!
"...scorching kisses that started with lips but ended with tongues and hands and skin, that left her gasping for breath and half expecting to find her clothing a bit singed when she went upstairs to bed."

Holy Trousersplosions!
deeedeee chapter 8 . 8/2/2014
Oh how lovely... Lady Mary is so sneaky! Yes yes yes!
deeedeee chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
Maaarrriiieeeed! Squee
deeedeee chapter 6 . 8/2/2014
Ok, I skimmed the rest of the story so I could stop worrying so much about was meta-angst.

Oh my, this is nice - a loving conversation between Mrs Hughes and Lady Mary! Will wonders never cease! I'm happy you addressed that whole Haxby mess here. That was an awful time.

And he heard it! Sweetness and more sweetness. Guh.
deeedeee chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
Oh my god, what are you going to do to them?! It's so sweet... It can't last, right? (I hope it lasts, abd that the hurt/comfort thing is just a fluke...)

All of the swooning! They have a hard time talking to each other even though they've written their letters so boldly... It's so lovely.
deeedeee chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
Awwwww so sweet... I love how you have the Dowager here.. and torn-faced Miss O'Brien, hahaha. Well done. These two goobers deserve to be so happy.
deeedeee chapter 3 . 8/2/2014
Lord Grantham is drinking brandy in the late morning! He needed a drink after he heard the news, huh? Oh my god. I love this story so much. First the unbearable sweetness of their calm morning meeting (and the PROPOSAL! the *interrupted* proposal. So lovely). You had me worried with O'Brien. But it looks like all is well. for now...

I really hope ask this worry is for nothing, but I can't. Stop. Reading. This. Story. So I guess I'll find out!
deeedeee chapter 2 . 8/2/2014
Oh for heaven's sake... You make me die with happiness at this chapter. Now I REALLY hope nothing goes wrong. How utterly unbearably sweet, the way she does her sleight of hand to get her letter into his pocket. And then lingers with her hand on him and tells him he looks perfect. MY HEART! What are you doing to me? What are you going to do to them?! This story says "hurt/comfort" and I have fear.
deeedeee chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
OH MY. You are an expert with these carsonxhughes letters, darling. I've only just found this fic and I am so excited to read the rest. I sure hope he's not hurt or ill...
chelsie fan chapter 10 . 10/21/2013
What a lovely, precious chapter summing up their feelings after returning to work. I loved this story SO much I can't even put it into words. Thank you for writing!