Reviews for My Dear Elsie
WildMeiLing chapter 2 . 2/3
I am loving this. It is terribly romantic. I would say more, but I am in a hurry to read the next chapter.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/10/2016
I really love your story...great job!
Chelsietx chapter 10 . 10/31/2016
This really was magnificent! The letter was so eloquent from Charles as well as hers to him. Lady Mary actually has a good side for her butler and it looks like she and Elsie may forge a better relationship. Loved it!
Guest chapter 10 . 9/15/2016
This is a lovely story
NEGirl chapter 10 . 7/2/2016
Thus was really wonderful! I loved every moment of it. Well done!
bobbygirlamnot chapter 10 . 4/20/2015
OMG! I loved your story! It was absolutely adorable and amazing! If only such a thing would happen in the actual series... I especially liked the scene in chapter 9, with staff demanding Mr. Carson to kiss his bride! :) that was so cute! I really hope they might include something similar in S6...
Guest chapter 10 . 4/14/2015
THIS was magnificent. I hope your story ends up on my tv screen. Thanks for including all the beloved characters.

"she could never think of her husband in the same way again in his uniform now that she knew what it concealed . "
Jaxa chapter 10 . 3/7/2015
Nicely done!
ozz chapter 10 . 2/26/2015
I enjoyed this story a lot...I devoured it
deeedeee chapter 10 . 8/2/2014
She really is magnificent. I have such a crush on Elsie Hughes.
Lovely, lovely story. I'm so happy it didn't turn out to be all angsty! I was so worried! It's a joy to read. I really enjoy the way you characterize them - it's in character but sort of hyper-self-aware... In character minus all the angst his blustering causes. I suppose that's because at the beginning of the story, he's already reached the decision to declare himself to her. So he's not going to be all overly proper (cruel).

Oh it's just wonderful. It's what we all want for them! And O'Brien gets thwarted. And Thomas is nice. Amazing! Thank you for this ray of sunshine!
deeedeee chapter 9 . 8/2/2014
And I thought it couldn't get any happier. Swoon...

Also, this line!
"...scorching kisses that started with lips but ended with tongues and hands and skin, that left her gasping for breath and half expecting to find her clothing a bit singed when she went upstairs to bed."

Holy Trousersplosions!
deeedeee chapter 8 . 8/2/2014
Oh how lovely... Lady Mary is so sneaky! Yes yes yes!
deeedeee chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
Maaarrriiieeeed! Squee
deeedeee chapter 6 . 8/2/2014
Ok, I skimmed the rest of the story so I could stop worrying so much about was meta-angst.

Oh my, this is nice - a loving conversation between Mrs Hughes and Lady Mary! Will wonders never cease! I'm happy you addressed that whole Haxby mess here. That was an awful time.

And he heard it! Sweetness and more sweetness. Guh.
deeedeee chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
Oh my god, what are you going to do to them?! It's so sweet... It can't last, right? (I hope it lasts, abd that the hurt/comfort thing is just a fluke...)

All of the swooning! They have a hard time talking to each other even though they've written their letters so boldly... It's so lovely.