Reviews for My Son the Wizard
Ahem...Thanos.
Currahee506 chapter 20 . 12/6/2018
Update please
Guest chapter 20 . 11/24/2018
I still wait for the update. But I can't expect a new chapter until summer...three years later.
Shootingstar7123 chapter 20 . 11/22/2018
This is a great story! So much potential here.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 11/17/2018
"Still, [Snape] decided he would keep the information about the third parent to himself. Harry Stark's parentage was already enough of a circus. Severus didn't need to feed the flames."

That is uncharacteristically decent of Snape. Hmmmm. I wonder what's in it for him. Since that the third "parent" is undoubtedly Loki, Snape may realize that annoying him could be a lot like sticking his head in Nagini's mouth. If so, perhaps he has simply decided that the satisfaction he derives from abusing and harassing Harry isn't worth the potential cost of bringing himself to the attention of the trickster god of mischief (malevolent as well as humorous) and lies. It would also, apparently, attract the attention of Thor ... and others.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 11/17/2018
"Hannibal has definitely become a new obsession of mine." Just so we don't meet him in this story!

I gather Ginny has pushed Harry down into the pipe that leads to the Chamber. She's the "flash of bright orange," right? This should be interesting.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 11/17/2018
Dumbledore suffers from extreme hubris. The fact that he is stretched beyond his capabilities doesn't seem to occur to him. If he were honest with himself, he would have quickly realized that ...
(1) he never made sure that Sirius received trial before slapping him in prison.
(2) he placed Harry in an abusive home and never bothered to check up on him.
(3) he was completely unaware that Quirrell was possessed by Voldemort.
(4) he was endangering an entire generation of British witches and Wizards with his insistence on keeping the Philosopher's Stone at Hogwarts.
(5) Snape was verbally and emotionally abusing both Harry and Neville to such an extent that he would be subject to legal charges in the Muggle world. Pretty rank behavior from the man whose spying set Voldemort on both sets of parents in the first place!
(6) McGonagall was really doing his job while he was off gallivanting between the Wizengamot and the ICW instead of performing Headmaster duties.

These are just things that can be explained by Dumbledore being careless due to being overextended. Honestly, I think a lot of the things he allowed to happen weren't so accidental. I think many were carefully set up to test Harry. I think Dumbledore was manipulative of and obsessed with Harry, and he was negligent. Then again, this is just first year. It gets worse.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 11/17/2018
I've read mainly good Loki stories - and even "Loki is Harry's real dad" stories - so this is different. Harry still doesn't know about Phil yet, does he? That definitely won't help Loki in Harry's books. I was sort of hoping Loki could "resurrect" Phil, but now I find myself wondering if he will help Voldemort instead. :(

"You shouldn't say things like that about Loki, Tony. He's powerful and we should all respect him," said Harry.

I have to admit, this gave me a weird feeling of "Hermione-ness," as it sounds exactly like something she would say! (That belief that all authority figures should be respected and obeyed.) Harry has long ago learned that not all authority figures are benign or even wise.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 11/17/2018
"[Dumbledore] was a very busy man, and sad to say he just didn't have time to check up on [Harry] that's why he had delegated the position to someone (Figgy?) he thought that he could trust."

And that is exactly why he had no business naming himself as Harry's guardian. Perhaps he wouldn't be so "very busy" if he didn't feel he needed to be running everything in the Magical world. Why on earth does he need to be Chief Warlock and Supreme Mugwump? Headmaster of Hogwarts is a full-time job and - based on the things that happened to Harry in his first year - Dumbo wasn't doing exactly a bang-up job. The man suffers from unbridled hubris, IMHO.

It will be interesting to see Dumbledore try to control Tony. Also, I can't wait to see Tony interact with Snape.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 11/17/2018
"They gave me the curtsey of looking into the matter for myself." The word you want is COURTESY. A curtsey is something women do before the Queen or other royalty. Men bow, and women curtsey (or curtsy).

Well, good about Phil. That will make things easier. Too bad Harry can't go to Salem. He would be a lot safer. I don't understand Dumbo always wanting him right there in the thick of all the danger ... because, face it. Dumbledore is not nearly as good at protecting Harry as he thinks he is (or as he professes he is, at any rate). The alternative? He is deliberately "engineering" confrontations between Harry and Voldemort (my personal belief), despite protestations to the contrary.

Having the Philosopher's Stone at Hogwarts with a Voldemort-possessed professor in order to protect it defies every shred of common sense and sanity. It's purpose there during the very year Harry re-entered the Magical world was to use both Harry and the Stone as bait to lure Voldemort to Hogwarts. Sorry to Dumbledore fans, but those are my sentiments, and I'm sticking to them.

If Dumbledore was truly interested in Harry receiving a quality education and staying safe, he would leave him safely ensconced in America with the superheroes to watch over him. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 11/17/2018
I love these stories where Harry is adopted by Tony/Natasha/Loki/Bruce/etc., and I am really enjoying yours. I'm just a bit disappointed that it seems to have been abandoned. I do hope you have plans to finish it. *hopeful* :)
sunshine.katz chapter 12 . 11/4/2018
I've been waiting for Snape's reaction and this was great. I wonder if it will affect his loyalty towards Dumbledore though. And Tony's thoughts about his family were hilarious!
sunshine.katz chapter 6 . 11/1/2018
Loving this! Everything about but for some reason, Phil as a Squib makes SO much sense.
Denz-El chapter 20 . 10/22/2018
Sorry, I pushed "Post" a little too early. Anyway... I'm curious as to whether or not the info from the latest MCU movies would influence the continuation of this story?
GOD Bless, Keep Up the Good Work, and Keep Moving Forward! :D Amen! :D