Reviews for Firebreather
jeep28 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
This was completely precious! Thank you for this!
AlexToYourOlivia chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
I'm in love with this story. Very well done and worth the read and the reread...
AJ chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
A beautiful story, wonderfully writer . I'm continually amazed by the skill and talent on here!
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Pretty damn cool.
Andrea316 chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
I love it, is awesome
We love us chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
A wonderful story!
I took great pleasure reading it from start to finish.
Gun Brooke chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and it made my recuperation from the migraine from hell a lot less hard to deal with. Andy's arc is heartbreaking to witness. Miranda is softer than cannon and her emotional growrth has taken place post Paris...because of having to depal with Andy's departure perhaps? Andy has also matured mostly off camera so to speak. It's interesting to read about her therapy session

I love your stories and this one is no exception. Great job!

Gun Brooke
Nightwing 509 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I like the way you has Andy & Miranda fall in love with each other. Please update soon.
Arquan chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
You made me a very happy girl today with two new well written fics!
Loved the dragon door warden as well as the back story of Yves and AIDS. It's good to see you back and writing beachbum :)
In-betweens chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This story had just consumed the last three hours of my life and I'm sad that it won't be consuming any more of it. The opening scene in the story was very gruesome. I was ready to cry over the incident she witnessed. I was horrified by it but also I originally thought it was happening at Miranda's townhouse with the twins and just, well I couldn't breathe for a moment or two. I'm glad that Andy sought help and that Doug and Ruth were there for her. Ruth, if I recall is an original character of yours from another story, Basic Black? And the last time it was Lily that lived with Andy and Ruth and during the sweltering heat of summer that Lily helped her. Nice switch up for this story.

I enjoyed all of Andy's interactions with Doug and Ruth. Her finding that Dragon was great, and the fact that Miranda had it refurbished was spectacular. I mean I kind of expected it to be done up, but I thought Andy would do it as a project to 'keep her mind off Miranda'. So I was very pleasantly surprised to see Serena and the art department doing it. Andy's conversation with the therapist was certainly eye opening. In a very pleasant way. You did the conversation very well with Andy kind of going around in circles. And the good doctor slowly pulling the truth out of Andy. The dinner party with the group from Runway was spectacular, especially the additions of Doug and Nigel checking each other out and Serena and Emily moving well along in their relationship. Adored how Emily had to pull Doug's eyes off of Serena.

The storyline with Yves was phenomenal. It wasn't what I was excepting at all but it captured me immediately. Miranda's love for her departed friend was clear in how she spoke about him and how passionate she became over the issue. The fact that Christian was also involved in the scandal and used Andy's name was great. I figured it was him who stole the original sketch books. Really liked the conversation with Yves' mother and how Andy was shocked to be cursed at, but was able to convince her to call Miranda so she could trust her. I'm glad that in the end they were caught and Andy was there to see it first hand.

The dialogue was fantastic in every scene. I could easily hear it and understand the tone of voice. The interactions with Andy and the girls and Doug and the girls was so sweet. The fact that you included Lacrosse in the story with the girls and Andy is a nice sideline, as well as Carnegie John's. I'm glad that they were given their night together, and the night was made even 'better' in a way by Miranda being there for Andy after her nightmare.

The last scene with the girls coming home to see them and Andy just playing it off and making breakfast was perfect. A wonderful conclusion to a fantastic story. Thank you SOOOO much for taking the time to write this wonderful gem. I was just looking for something new to read in the DWP fandom and was THRILLED to see that you'd posted not one, but TWO new stories. I look forward to reading your other story as well.

A few quick notes I wanted to ask you about. 1) do you plan on writing a sequel to this story? (felt that should be the first question. 2. When Andy gave Miranda Pyro (which oh my god fantastic and the idea of her posing for a new picture with it? I don't blame Andy for her reaction AT ALL) you mentioned her having one of the jade statues as well. Will Andy be giving the rest to Miranda as well? And how much were they appraised at? It'd be cute if Andy gave a new one to Miranda during a special occasion. 3. The fact that Andrea SAVED Miranda from a gunman was...is...just amazing in a scary and exciting way. Loved that little insert and was looking for further explanation but can't say I didn't love this story as it is.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of the things I wanted to say. But for now I'll just leave you with my praise and gratitude for taking the time to create this lovely work. I always look forward to reading more of your work. You sold me with Basic Black and captured me completely with Jigsaw. So THANKS! :-D
assiralcclaire chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I am jumping up and down with mushy feelings (metaphorically)
41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3