Reviews for A Ninja Commando's Christmas Letter
bugsymutt chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
This was a cool concept and it was well done! It seems very realistic and therapeutic...probably more than it would have been if his shrink was just trying to get him to open up in a more typical way. Well done!
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Snake Eyes isn't my favorite GI Joe character... but you really made me feel for him. Not pity, just... felt for him. Not much more I can say, sorry. :( This is just really, really good.
kunaikage chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I like this. Kind of fits with that one shot someone else wrote from scarlet's POV on scars. Would have loved for you to continue this showing us how him and Scarlet get even closer together and since they are both same rank they are not breaking fraternization regs I believe...I looked up the regs and this is what is said.

"Relationships between soldiers of different rank are prohibited if they:
(1) Compromise, or appear to compromise, the integrity of supervisory authority or the chain of command.
(2) Cause actual or perceived partiality or unfairness.
(3) Involve, or appear to involve, the improper use of rank or position for personal gain.
(4) Are, or are perceived to be, exploitative or coercive in nature.
(5) Create an actual or clearly predictable adverse impact on discipline, authority, morale, or the ability of the command to accomplish its mission."
tigerwolfspellbear chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I like this. It's a nice look into our favorite ninja commando's mind. I like how his uncertainty about Scarlett shows. My favorite line in this is him thinking that watching her kick butt is entertaining.
Kusari-Gama 61602 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Awwww... this gave me the feels. -

I like how Snake's tone is bitter, sarcastic, and resigned at the beginning and a little thoughtful at the end. The letter overall was kinda... sad with hints of (probably unintentional) funny, which I think fits his mood at the time. Lucky Breaker is gonna get ten dollars' worth of bubblegum!

Hmm... a gift for Scarlett... maybe... chocolate and a haiku? Wait... nah. Just get her coffee.

Lovely little bit of story. Good to see you writing again. :D
Rosialette001 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
That was funny. BURN!
westaero13 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
You're Alive! I thought all you GI Joe writers were dead. LOL
SpawnOfCthulhu chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Very, very sweet. I like the slightly philosophical part about death.

I'm pretty sure Hallmark makes a card for "it's my fault my life is ruined, not yours"/dinner date.

Breaker. Breaker is getting ten dollars worth of gum.
Asterisk78 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
You're back! I mean, I would add more exclamation points, but that just seems gauche. Anyway, I really enjoyed the concept here, and particularly the way that this captures a lot of Snake Eyes's internal conflicts. It's a great perspective, particularly since he tends to be something of a black box in canon, and the way it's worded captures a lot of subtexty things in a voice that really sounds like him. Nice work on a great read.
NoWhere ManX chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I'm not the biggest Joe fan, but I do know a good story when I read it. This was a very good, heartfelt read. First person stories can be a mixed blessing. You get the benefit of riding the all of the emotions of the narrator but you limit the view the reader can have. But I think in this story its very warranted. Good job.
Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
excellent one shot! The emotion in that letter is all but palpable. Great work!
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Love it and I think it sounded just like a letter from SE should
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I really enjoyed this and I'm glad you felt up to writing it. Much to his surprise, this assignment stirred up a lot of emotions for Snake Eyes, yet he remained very much in character by not being 'overemotional' about it. His struggle with finding his place with Scarlett again was very palpable. I know this was supposed to be a one-shot, but I sure would love to read a few more of these letters as Snake Eyes continues his time with the councilor- maybe after that Christmas gift exchange and even later down the line as things between he and Scarlett begin to get back to the way they had been. I loved this!
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I love it. It's always nice to read a story that actually gets into Snake Eyes' head, especially one that deals with the complicated "I don't blame you I ruined my life saving yours" situation.
TinySprite chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Hahahah! This is a great one-shot! I really liked the coffee comment too!